Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

The Two Mules - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Two Mules (1040 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Two Mules by beylinko(m): 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
Two mules were tied to each other and were given two hefty meals of hay to eat. The feeds were placed at different positions, opposite each other. Thereafter, these mules were told to make a free run at the food and enjoy the food to the fullest. These wonderful mules thought within themselves “Wow! This is a good time to have a good fill of the food and enjoy myself.” Quickly, these two mules ran to the food in opposite directions forgetting they were tied. But due to the length of the rope they could not reach it. This went on for so long that they spent all their strengths running.

Disappointed and exhausted, they looking at each other with nothing else to do. They were hungry, and here is food but with no means to eat it. One of the mules thought to itself “if I walk slowly to the hale without the second noticing, then the food is mine. The second mule also said to itself “speed will do it, he is probably tired like me so let me run for the last time and get this done with.”

Co-incidentally, the two of them started off at the same time. The one that decided using speed ran so fast that just few inches to get to the hale, it missed it steps and fell. The other one that decided walking slowly looked back and saw his friend on the floor. It thought to itself but this time around in sober reflection. “I’ve used strength, no result, wisdom no way, and speed which could have helped my friend ended up failing him. I would rather leave the food”

He ran to his friend on the ground and told him,” friend I give up, the hale is all yours.
Eat it all, I have nothing to do with it. Take it.”
The one on the flour shouted back at him “No! I also don’t need it, since you need it take it.”
This scenario dragged on for so long that I was almost getting late and no one agreed to eat the hale.

At the end of the day they both reached a compromise. Instead of eating the food separately, they decided to eat it together. Hand in hands, together they went to the first hay and finished it. Then off they walked again to the second hay and wimp it was gone.

At the end of the day they both ate to their satisfaction and with minimal time wastage and strength.

MORALS OF THE STORY.
These mules can be tagged as us. Instead of using our strengths to achieve a common goal we end up going our separate ways and achieving nothing. Many of us are left frustrated at the end of the day without getting to the destination God as appointed for us...
http://godsheir..com/2013/10/the-strength-of-togetherness.html

(1) (Reply)

[free] Essay Review. / Word Of The Day / Episode 15: Now That You Are Here: A Tale Of Deception And Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.