Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim (26006 Views)

Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets / Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 / Nigeria U17 Team List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by naptu2: 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
[size=14pt]Nigeria U17 coach hits back at Iran age-cheating claim[/size]

By Oluwashina Okeleji. BBC Sport, Lagos

Nigeria Under-17 coach Manu Garba has dismissed Iran's accusation of age-cheating in the 4-1 defeat by the Golden Eaglets at the Fifa Under-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

Three-time champions Nigeria were too hot for Iran at the Khalifa Bin Zayed Stadium in Al Ain racking up three goals in the first half en route to a 4-1 win against the Asian side in the Round of 16.

Afterwards Iranian coach Ali Doustimehr questioned the ages of some of the players representing the west African country.

But Garba told BBC Sport: "I personally feel it is just something that is borne out of frustration at losing to a tactically and technically better side.

"All the players we have here passed the MRI test and we even conducted another round one month before we came to the UAE.

"We would probably take it up with the Iranian coach at Fifa level for casting aspersion on the eligibility of our players."

Back in August, Nigeria dropped key players for the tournament after wrist scans showed them to be over the age limit.

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) was used to scan the wrist plate of players to accurately ascertain their true age, with only players between grade 1 and 5 of the scan eligible to participate.

Meanwhile, Nigeria and Ivory Coast are the only African teams to have progressed to the quarter-finals in the UAE.

While the Young Elephants narrowly edged past continental rivals Morocco 2-1, Nigeria highlighted their title credentials with that crushing victory over Iran, bringing their goals-for tally to 18 after four games.

Ivory Coast will face Argentina in the last eight on Saturday, while Nigeria are sweating on the fitness of leading scorer Kelechi Iheanacho for their tie against Uruguay on the same day.

Iheanacho has scored five goals in the competition and coach Manu Garba has assured the striker will be available for the Uruguay test.

"It is a minor injury and Iheanacho should be back for the next game," the coach said.

Nigeria have now reached at least the quarter-finals at nine of the ten U-17 World Cups they have participated in.

The only time the Golden Eaglets failed to do so was at Finland 2003, when they were packing for home after the group stage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24742598

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by homesteady(m): 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
That iran coach is crazy!! Aren't his boys looking older than our boys?
If he thinks our boys are more than 17, then what will he say of brazil?? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by ekojet: 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
i wonder
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by handebayor: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
Cheating or not we have won the match, progressed to the next match and hopefully win the cup. Thats all

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by 100ksalescom(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
lipsrsealed All our boiz don old jor.. Call a spade a spade.
I you see 17 yr old boy for road most dey small. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by imperiouxx(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
Iran is out and in pain.

Losers always find excuses.

"my boyz passed the MRI test twice. So, Iran shut up" - Manu Garba

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by adaksbullet: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hin dy craze? undecidedHin dy craze?
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Aromas: 3:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
Space booked, I wan run reach toilet
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
make coach Ali Doustimehr apologize for his comment.

If its sen ted Cruz , u guys would say it's insult to our integrity , just within 10days Nigeria has been labeled for cheating and fraud frm different continent.

This types of comments would be heard continuously inside n outside the country, until we learn to do things right without cheat and fraud.

We all know dat a real 17yrs old in nija can't kick real leather football , more less of shooting the ball from outside d 18yard to get a spectacular goal.

Niger make una dey fear God

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by anselm791(m): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
As a proud Nigerian who no wan send how they pass that MRI test, I must say if they can't prove shit, they should shut the F up.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Mayor21(m): 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hapy birth day!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
The truth be told, the Nigerian players were really young, the guy that was substituted for iheanacho looked 15.

Even the iranians looked older and injured our players a lot during the match, we should be accusing them.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by deor03(m): 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
If only he met the Tella boys

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Fresia01(f): 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
Na defeat dey cause am! If iran had defeatd naija, wud he ave said it? I smell pains in hs assertns! Buh he shud learn 2 acept defeat in gud faith n try harda nxt tym!
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Desdola(m): 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
Silly allegation by the Iranian coach. I wonder if he is saying all these to seek for a re-match. he n his boys should just pack their bags and go back home.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by IAMBREEZY: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
Na wa
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Cheggoon(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
Sincerely speaking, this nigerian under 17 boiz look younger...!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Akshow: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
Iranian coach is suffering from what hausa pple call "zafin ci". Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Burger01(m): 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
Iranian coach is a sore loser.. Crying after spilled milk.. grin

Our bois no get tiger mustache but have a look on the Swedes and see what 'under 17' is not about.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by TUNEX89(m): 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by njuwo(m): 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
Na wa i for say sumtin bt i dey fear ban
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by waterhouse071(m): 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
no b d same scan wey no see drug 4 baba suwe belly

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Zimzy(m): 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
This should be the youngest group of players Nigeria has ever assembled for a competition like this.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by oladapoa1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
They are Golden eaglets not baby eaglets. With this my lord they are not over aged.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by amosaluko(m): 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
if our boys are over-aged or not, we will know on Saturday against Uruguay
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
I know those guys re over 17 but who cares
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by nerodenero: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady: That iran coach is crazy!! Aren't his boys looking older than our boys?
If he thinks our boys are more than 17, then what will he say of brazil?? undecided
For the very first time that to an extent Nigeria presented players about the age range, yet the Iranian coach is spewing trash. I think the coach must have be bewildered with the way and manner they were trounced by the Eaglets, hence the age allegation. A closer look at Brazil would have helped his submission and not Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by johnwizey: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
So wat will he say if dey had met wit Tunisia
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by olaezebala: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
Make him check those Brazilian first
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
Our boys are by far the youngest in this competition. The iranian coach is very silly to make such an outrageous accusation. This is what too much economic sanction can do to a people.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal To Return To Training Next Week But Players Will Train Individually / Champions League Triumph: Marcelo Confirms Real Madrid Exit After 16 Years / Costa Rica Vs Greece World Cup (5 -3) On Penalties On 29th June 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.