Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,889 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) (4344 Views)

Geographic Information Systems Gis Training For Geoscientists / Geographic Information System (gis) Training - Individual, Group & Executive / Technical Training To Be Self Employed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by PalmTree(m): 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
GIS is in very hot demand by several industries and individual in the academic. Decisions are now being made based on more precise information that can be supplied by a GIS. Unfortunately, only few individuals truly understand and can use this technology and as such they can either get jobs in various NGOs, Government agencies/ministries, Research companies, Oil and Telecoms. However, some choose to freelance, supplying their much coveted services for a fee. I am not saying we should not hope for white collar jobs, all I'm saying is that we should also consider learning a skill. If you have any questions on GIS or how you can start freelancing, feel free to post your questions or join this thread www.nairaland.com/1498170/what-geographic-information-systems-gis
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by drealboy(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
PalmTree: GIS is in very hot demand by several industries and individual in the academic. Decisions are now being made based on more precise information that can be supplied by a GIS. Unfortunately, only few individuals truly understand and can use this technology and as such they can either get jobs in various NGOs, Government agencies/ministries, Research companies, Oil and Telecoms. However, some choose to freelance, supplying their much coveted services for a fee. I am not saying we should not hope for white collar jobs, all I'm saying is that we should also consider learning a skill. If you have any questions on GIS or how you can start freelancing, feel free to post your questions or join this thread www.nairaland.com/1498170/what-geographic-information-systems-gis

hw can someone start freelancing pls
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by PalmTree(m): 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
drealboy:

hw can someone start freelancing pls

I will assume that you are a GIS person, the first step into freelancing is to discern your target market. Prepare a business card (shouldn't cost you more than 3k) you can use your home as your office address. Be modest with your pricing but ensure it doesn't hurt you or undermine the value of your work. You can create a network of GIS analysts to keep up with current market trends. Ensure you deliver on time and never reject a job no matter how small.

1 Like

Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by thewhy: 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
[quote author=drealboy]

hw can I be tutored on GIS? bussy74@gmail.com
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by drealboy(m): 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
PalmTree:

I will assume that you are a GIS person, the first step into freelancing is to discern your target market. Prepare a business card (shouldn't cost you more than 3k) you can use your home as your office address. Be modest with your pricing but ensure it doesn't hurt you or undermine the value of your work. You can create a network of GIS analysts to keep up with current market trends. Ensure you deliver on time and never reject a job no matter how small.

srry I didn't put it right. am nt a GIS person but I av interest in it
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by PalmTree(m): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2013
drealboy:

srry I didn't put it right. am nt a GIS person but I av interest in it

In that case you need to get quality training in GIS. The rules of the forum forbids any form of adverts in the section so please if you want any info on training and solutions send a mail to greenlandconsult89@gmail.com or tomimgis@gmail.com
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by EdDave(m): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
OP, I tink u shud have shed more light on GIS and what it means. It is very interesting, from the little I know. Am sure you ll find a lot more people will be interested if you give a little break down.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by PalmTree(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
EdDave: OP, I tink u shud have shed more light on GIS and what it means. It is very interesting, from the little I know. Am sure you ll find a lot more people will be interested if you give a little break down.

Thank you good sir, I decided to limit this thread to explaining how we can empower our youths with GIS and this is why I posted a link above to another thread where I give details about the technology. However with regard to your brilliant suggestion, I will shed more light on GIS.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by PalmTree(m): 10:37am On Nov 01, 2013
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a system which collects and analysis spatially referenced data, to provide intelligent facts that aids decision making. Cannistra (2003) submitted that more than 95% of elements that affects human activities can be referenced to a particular location, this includes that you and I can only occupy a particular space on the earth surface at a given time and while we occupy the space, no one else can.
Think of it as an address that describes your house, only that GIS employs a more precise method- the use of co-ordinate systems. Co-ordinate systems are a combination of the lines of longitude and latitude that point directly to a particular feature on the earth surface. One major advantage that a GIS has over other mapping systems is the fact that it has a robust database capability.
Every feature has an attribute, think of it as the descriptive features that you possess. One can't just describe you as a boy or a girl, it has to be more a tall dark girl or a plump fair girl. When a decision maker queries the system for a specification that suits your description, you and others that match prop up. That is a simple GIS!
The system that powers your car tracking devices is a GIS, GIS is currently used to analyze flood patterns and avoidance, the military has now seen the benefits of GIS and are presently implementing it to combat insecurity in the north, the recent lagos state emergency response network is also based on a robust GIS.
This thread is for how you can make money with GIS, refer to my previous post for a thread that discusses more on what GIS can do for you. Thanks
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by PalmTree(m): 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
If you are a graduate of Geography, or any of the Environmental sciences, let's discuss GIS

1 Like

Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by Swiftlee(m): 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
Gud job! I think i am booking a front seat in this drive..
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by PalmTree(m): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
Swiftlee: Gud job! I think i am booking a front seat in this drive..

Ok, you might wanna check out my other thread. I left a link to it above.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by PalmTree(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
A very easy way to be either self-employed or even make extra cash either as a student or a worker is to master technical skills. These skills make you self reliant and releases you from that pool of the unemployed which you detest so much. I see as most graduates flock to job advertisement threads not minding if its real or not. Some even accept wages that remind you of the Roman empire slavery era. It is good to hope to work in blue chip coys, but we can't all achieve that dream! Think of what you can do for you self and your country, not just what your country can do for you.

1 Like

Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 10:15am On Nov 09, 2019
GIS can help you in several ways. For your training in GIS and for your analysis, contact me on 08132742728

Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
My work.I'm a GIS (Geographic information system analyst). I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index).etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
My work.I'm a GIS (Geographic information system analyst). I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index) and terrain analysis.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
My work.I'm a GIS (Geographic information system analyst). I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index).etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index).etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2020
Learn different aspect In GIS.u will have the opportunity to be trained on different GIS softwares such as ARCGIS,QGIS,Surfer,Global mapper,Smart GIS editor and Idrisi Terrset.
Training areas:
Introduction to GIS (course work)
Georeferencing
Digitizing
How to download ur data
How to input ur data into excel
How to link ur data into Arcgis and Qgis environment
Introduction to Google earth
Network analysis (service area,cost matrix and location allocation )
Hotspot analysis (heatmap)
Terrain analysis
Contour creation
Stream extraction
Vector and raster analysis
Image classification
NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index
Get d best in CENTER FOR GEOSPATIAL SCIENCE AND 3D GRAPHICS DESIGN LTD.
There will be certificate at d end of ur training..........
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2020
I'm into 3d modeling and animation.If u are interested in learning 3d modeling and animation, call me on 08106244065(Rainbow view animation).
To u will learn:
Environment modeling
Objects modeling and animation.
Character modeling and animation
Online training- 5k, physical training 20k
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,Map puzzle and surfer.Analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast, how to publish a web map, etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065 or 07089382284. Geospatial Science Enterprise (Fully at ur service)
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 8:29am On Nov 09, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by akin1991: 10:33pm On Nov 18, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.physical training 20k and online training 7k
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by akin1991: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
For ur training in different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.online training 7k, physical training 20k

Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by akin1991: 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
For ur training in different GIS software's such as Arcgis, Qgis, idrisi terrset, Google earth, smartGIs editor, Global mapper and surfer. Analysis performed Include image classification, creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps, thematic maps(population map, election map etc), NDVI, NDWI, time mapping, Geocoding, land cover forecast. etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.online training 7k, physical training now 40k......Location, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
For ur training in different GIS software's such as Arcgis, Qgis, idrisi terrset, Google earth, smartGIs editor, Global mapper and surfer. Analysis performed Include image classification, creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps, thematic maps(population map, election map etc), NDVI, NDWI, time mapping, Geocoding, land cover forecast. etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.online training 7k, physical training now 40k.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by akin1991: 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
For ur training in different GIS software's such as Arcgis, Qgis, idrisi terrset, Google earth, smartGIs editor, Global mapper and surfer. Analysis performed Include image classification, creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps, thematic maps(population map, election map etc), NDVI, NDWI, time mapping, Geocoding, land cover forecast. etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.online training 7k, physical training now 40k.
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
A GIS online training which runs for 7k now for as low as 2k.this runs from January 4 to January ending...join d WhatsApp link below to join d group where d training will hold.
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///GLuk3xOWvq9GoyEi6cPfp0

Or call me on 08106244065 to add u up to the WhatsApp group
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by akin1991: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2021
A GIS online training which runs for 7k now for as low as 2k.this runs from January 4 to January ending...join d WhatsApp link below to join d group where d training will hold.
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///GLuk3xOWvq9GoyEi6cPfp0

Or call me on 08106244065 to add u up to the WhatsApp group
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by akin1991: 8:29am On Jan 08, 2021
Get d best GIS (Geographic information system) training..u will ive d opportunity to learn different things like NDWI(normalized difference water index),NDVI (Normalized difference vegetation index),Time mapping, 3d mapping, georeferencing,digitizing,Geocoding,watershed delineation, stream extraction, digitizing in google earth, image classification, land cover mapping, land change modeler and celulla automata/Markov chain for land cover forecast/prediction, creation of web map(Qgis2web),map publishing (Qgis cloud),preparation of data,buffering analysis, service area analysis, cost path,location allocation analysis, contour mapping etc..... U will also have d opportunity to use different GIS software's such as ArcGis,Qgis,surfer,idrisi terrset,Global mapper,smartGIS, SAS planet,map puzzle etc... Online training 7k, physical training 40k.call 08106244065
Re: How To Be Self Employed With Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by emak1991: 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
GIS can be applied to various fields such as agriculture, hydrology, land cover projection, database management etc....learn d best GIS from Geospatial science enterprise....we offer both online training and physical training..... Software's to be taught include ArcGis, Qgis,Surfer, Idrisi Terrset and SAS planet...online training 12k, physical training 40k.....Get d best GIS training....call 08106244065

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mobile App Development Training In Lagos, Nigeria / CIMA Offers Discount On Registration Fees And Caps Exemptions Permanently / Secrets To Passing Acca Exams Finally Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.