Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! (1799 Views)

ASUU Chairman’s Wife Kidnapped In Osogbo / LASU Withdraws ASUU Chairman’s Phd Certificates, 13 Others / Whats The Secret Behind Speaking Good English? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Provie(m): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Police today stopped a protest march by ASUU, Kano chapter. Their chairman wile speaking 2 newsmen said d strike was to save the nation's education sector from EMINENT collapse (Channels Tv).

Shuldnt d touted educational reform xtend 2 ASUU itself?
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
His mother's tongue isn't English!! You this black English man!! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Provie(m): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
lynpetra: His mother's tongue isn't English!! undecided

He shuld hav addressed d press in his mother tongue!!!
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by bigfree: 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by SBJoji(m): 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
I see no grammatical wise fault in his English
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by sambas: 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
@op! like seriously you need buy colored television set with clear audio. Instead of transferring aggression to his person on nairaland, why not engage him on a debate. Lets hear how good your English iz....

1 Like

Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
sambas: @op! like seriously you need buy colored television set with clear audio. Instead of transferring aggression to his person on nairaland, why not engage him on a debate. Lets hear how good your English iz....
thank you!!As if Indians adopted English as their language!!
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
Is that one of the national issues on ground now?
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by walad4yhu(m): 9:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
Weytin concern uz wit em English, if em lyk may em use Akpors English call-off d strike, we go stil undrstand...
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by McLuhan(m): 9:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
Provie: Police today stopped a protest march by ASUU, Kano chapter. Their chairman wile speaking 2 newsmen said d strike was to save the nation's education sector from EMINENT collapse (Channels Tv).

Are you suggesting, by any means, that you are more educated than he is? Or are you equating English language proficiency with intelligence? Aren't you aware that even native speakers of a language sometimes suffer the occasional slip of the tongue? I studied in universities in the UK (Exeter, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) and the US (UC-Berkeley). I lived in the UK between the ages of three and 26 and in the US for about five years thereafter. So I should know what I'm talking about. If you are trying to discredit ASUU, think of some other arguments because, quite frankly, you are not competent to speak about matters of grammar.
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
McLuhan: Are you suggesting, by any means, that you are more educated than he is? Or are you equating English language proficiency with intelligence? Aren't you aware that even native speakers of a language sometimes suffer the occasional slip of the tongue? I studied in universities in the UK (Exeter, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) and the US (UC-Berkeley). I lived in the UK between the ages of three and 26 and in the US for about five years thereafter. So I should know what I'm talking about. If you are trying to discredit ASUU, think of some other arguments because, quite frankly, you are not competent to speak about matters of grammar.
i think what He's trying to say is that a member of ASUU should be able to speak English language fluently, a 'chairman' of a state chapter!! These are the same people who call our students and graduates names and always talk about mass failures and stuffs like that... Maybe they should prove that they deserve to be lecturers by speaking good English!!

3 Likes

Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
Provie: Police today stopped a protest march by ASUU, Kano chapter. Their chairman wile speaking 2 newsmen said d strike was to save the nation's education sector from EMINENT collapse (Channels Tv).

when an uneducated brit or American speak english it's cool. When an Italian murders english, it is super sexy but when an hausa man does same, he can't speak good english.

1 Like

Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Ab025(m): 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
Who can honestly swear here that he or she has neva spoken incorrect english b4...

Even oga jonah and wife are stil tryin to improve their's.....(Winks)#
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Provie(m): 3:40am On Nov 01, 2013
Simply saying dat dey shuld not expect a perfect system, because dey demselves ar not perfect. Dey shud not insist on 100% implementation of d 2009 agreement, cos ours is not a perfect system. Dis strike is 5 months old for Heaven's sake!
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Provie(m): 3:53am On Nov 01, 2013
sambas: @op! like seriously ...

Someone rightly said ASUU footsoldiers hav flooded Nairaland.Bro we cant be on d same levl.I hv no persnal agression against ASUU; I hv long graduated & very cmfortabl.Keep exploiting d strike!
Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Nutase: 3:57am On Nov 01, 2013
SB Joji: I see no grammatical wise fault in his English
That's because they taught u. grin

1 Like

Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by striker9(m): 9:12am On Nov 01, 2013
I'm not gonna condemn the chairman cause English language aint our mother language,but I see a lot of hypocrites here.I know some of y'all would have tongue lashed the victim if its was an undergraduate that made such a grammatical error.

1 Like

Re: Kano State ASUU Chairman Cant Speak Good English! by Bhlessingiyeke(f): 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
Pls sir,my name is blessing iyeke,I did not get your ,email message,pls sir you can contact me on this no,08180761853,thank you sir

(1) (Reply)

Why People Fail Post-utme Examination / Economics Obj & Essay Questions And Answers Here For Free [click Here] / See What LAUTECH Students Did After Dodging An Exam & See What They Got !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.