Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (5136 Views)

Hope And The Island Of Greatness (A Motivational Story) / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(a Motivational Fiction) / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (2) (3) (4)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Michaellegend(m): 9:42am On Nov 19, 2013
sammy u are doing a great job...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Michaellegend(m): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2013
sammy u are doing a great job... Dis one is full of suspense.
Abeg yan us more, i cant wait. I just want hope to be free frm dis
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 21, 2013
Villain had notified Mr. Backhander that he had gotten the bag. Mr. Just now had no more breath left in his nostrils after the long-lasting effect of the swirls in the air by the Helicopter of Hell. Haughty had also been badly battered, having sustained much injury by the enormous impact of her collisions with objects in the aircraft. She now had whirlpool swirling in her head and every still object now appeared to her as if dancing.
“Mr. Just is dead!” Deceptionist said. “Sir…I suggest that we cast him down to Happy-Go-Lucky town for them to see.”
“Where is the town?”
“In the Commoner Province where Hope hailed from,” Mr. Deceptionist said happily.
“Well…do as you wish Deceptionist,” said Mr. Backhander. “But you’ll do well to help me cast this Haughty into the River of Haste when we get there.”
Haughty heard them and yelled, “No! Don’t cast me into that hell of a river! Pleeeaaassseee!!!”
It was the first time Haughty would say ‘please’ all her life, but now she was making a long and loud one, but her fall was already at hand.
When Accessory pleaded for her, the man yelled, “I have made enquiry into my wife’s death, my wife Victim who fell victim of the deadly attack of some ICs eight years ago. It was this Haughty who engendered the whole thing: on her first day in school, she spat in Victim’s face and was punished for her evil deed, then the matter got to Pride her father who stormed the Ego School of Thought and killed many with his entourages. My wife was killed too. Some SCs later stormed her father’s house in retaliation and killed her father, but somehow she managed to escape. I made investigation for years to get her. Then when I heard that she was in Mr. Seek-Money’s place I went there with my men, killing Mr. Seek-Money himself, but only to realize that she had escaped there just a day before. Since then I have been watching out for her, not realizing that she is even close by, in the Inferiority Complex. If she hadn’t confessed against Hope in court as you testified, I would not have reasoned that she is close by. In fact, I did not make out the name when you said that a Haughty witnessed against Hope that day. But yesterday when she showed me much of her haughtiness by looking at me face to face and seducing me before reducing me to the power of zero, I realized that she is the same Haughty I was looking for.”
“Pleeaasseeeeeee!” she made long plea. “Don’t cast me down!”
“Have you not heard? Have you never overheard it in the mouth of Mr. Preacher in the Edifice of Edification that Pride would be destroyed and Haughty would fall? For Pride your father it has been fulfilled seven years back. And now your fall is now!”
“Pleeaaaaaassssee!” she kept screaming long pleas, such ones she had never dreamt of yelling all her lives, but Mr. Backhander would not listen. He cast her down just when they reached the center of the River of Haste and the Octopus of Trouble in there swallowed her alive.
“Mission accomplished!” he said.
“Not accomplished yet,” said Deceptionist, scribbling something very fast inside a book. “Until I have cast Mr. Just’s corpse down, right in front of Mr. Sage’s temple.
Deceptionist was surprised when he could not find any temple right where it used to be, but rubbles of a collapsed building. The Helicopter hovered around that spot for minutes until the man said, “Oh! I’ve forgotten! Rumour told me few days back that the building has been destroyed and it would be re-erected in the third day according to the Sage’s false prophecy. Now it’s more than a week, yet nothing’s been done. I doubt that the Sage himself hasn’t died under this rubble as Rumour told me earlier.”
“So…what should we do now?” Mr. Backhander was running out of patience. He wanted to get back to the Island to know how Hope would be sentenced to death by hanging, since Villain had reported the snatch of the bag to them earlier.
“Let’s cast him down on this rubble!” Mr. Deceptionist said.
“Cast him down now!” Mr. Backhander ordered.
Just was let down dead.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
Story Continuation...

CHAPTER ELEVEN
Father Sage and the Faiths with Wisdom their mother, as well as Mr. Knowledge, and Understanding his wife, together with Fidelity, Mr. Peacemaker, Miss Endurance and her Peace, Mr. Hospitality, Miss Love, Mother Kind, Mrs. Godliness and Mr. Contentment and Great Gain their only son, and many more good people in Happy-Go-Lucky town had just finished worshipping in the rubble of Father Sage’s destroyed temple when they heard a thud. They rushed to the spot and found a dead body.
“What’s this?” they asked one another.
“This is abomination!” yelled Mr. Hospitality.
Mother Wisdom stepped forward and felt the pulse of the body. “He’s far gone!” she confessed.
Blood trickled down the broken neck of Mr. Just, such that Father Sage had to turn his face away in irritation. Mr. Hospitality laid his stethoscope on his chest with impulse and said, “No pulse! He’s stone dead!”
It was Great Gain who suddenly ran his hand into the corpse’s coat and got a small book.
“A book?” Mr. Knowledge’s attention was arrested by the sight of the book. He obtained it from Great Gain immediately. “Father, here’s a small book in the man’s coat. Maybe you should go through it first and use your elderly wisdom to…”
“Anybody can go through it,” said the old man. “Much book wearies the soul. Let Great Gain have it and read into all hears, at least he is a boarder in your school KSOT out there.”
Great Gain had it back:
The Diary of Receptionist:
On this day, I visited the Old Sage in his little town to learn his great wits and knowledge, which was as precious as the ointments that ran down the beards of ancient priests even unto their skirts.
On this day, I, Receptionist, walked as far afield as Happy-Go-Lucky town from the Ghetto of Inquisition to learn at the Sage’s feet
I learnt much wit and wisdom for three days and nights without eating or drinking water, nor did I anoint myself with oil
I begged for a permanent stay with the old priest and he permitted me to stay with him in his cottage, Dotage cottage, feeding me with the sincere Milk of Meekness
Mother Wisdom and Mother Meekness came around on this day and washed my feet, as well as the feet of all who were around to listen to their wits
On this day, a pregnant woman came around with a timid little baby strapped to her back. I perceived she had offended the priest in times past. The old man readily forgave her and prayed for her, laying hands on her. As I heard later, the name of the woman is Limitation.
On this day, Experience came around and the old Sage endorsed him the best teacher in the presence of Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding, the administrators of the Knowledge School of Thought where Experience teaches
On this day, a child was born. The whole temple was filled with joy when Rumour ran to declare the news. It was the pregnancy of the woman who came around few months back with a baby strapped to her back. By now I have learnt much wit that is enough for me to use in deceiving a whole nation if I chose to do such with it.
On this day, Father Sage suddenly began to hurry out of the Temple with a giant whom I later knew to be Giant Faith. It was the first time I’d be seeing him; maybe because he is a recluse and would therefore want to stay indoor all day, but with his brothers
As they left me lonely this day, three souls ran to me, whom I know to be the sons of Mr. Liar.
I paid attention to all they have to say and thereafter screamed, Get away from me! And they fled
It took Father Sage too long; he didn’t return while I tarried for him. Rumour soon rushed in breathing heavily. He told me that Father Sage has declared on the new-born baby the fullness of making it to the Island of Greatness and building the Bridge of Influence to link Happy-Go-Lucky town with the Island
At the news, I became jealous and pondered on the words of the three sons of Mr. Liar which they spoke with me earlier. The words they discussed with me was the issue of getting to the Island called Greatness to deceive all the souls there with all these wits I’ve already acquired from the Sage here. Then they would make me their ruler.
The three brothers have even made me dream about the island already, such that I saw myself in the Power Tower, ruling with scorpions and serpents. It was when I woke from their daydream that I shouted at them and they ran away
Now as Rumour comes and declares that the Sage pronounced that the new baby called Hopefulness would someday get to the Island of Greatness, I was extremely furious, because the Sage did not pronounce that on me, even after I’ve given him a honest account of Stewardship for almost four years
I did not wait for the man to return, but instead, I drafted a letter to let him know that I was forsaking him to meet Mr. Atheist in his skyscraper to transport me to the Island of Greatness, for I have heard how many souls he has transported there from Rumour
I dropped the letter into the Vessel of Honour in the temple, thereby turning it into a Vessel of Dishonour by my humiliating letter, in which I lashed out on the Sage calling him a fool for pronouncing his blessings on a baby rather than on me Receptionist, who have been receptive to all his wisdoms and counsels all these years
On this day, Rumour visited me in the Synagogue of Sinners where I was worshipping with Mr. Atheist’s followers, so as to deceive Mr. Atheist and have him take me to the Island of Greatness in his Aircraft of Influence
On this day, Mr. Atheist observed my great wits and promised to send me to the Island of Greatness to head his Synagogue of Sinners over there. Then he changed my name to Deceptionist
On this day, Rumour ran to me in the Synagogue of Sinners and told me how Father Sage was airing it about publicly in Happy-Go-Lucky town that I have forsaken him, having loved the ephemeral things of this world and that I have departed to the synagogue of sinners. What was there to say, since what the old man said is the truth of the matter?
On this day, I was set to leave the town, the Valley of Curiosity, and fly to the Island of Greatness in Mr. Atheist’s Aircraft of Influence. As I was leaving, Mr. Atheist brought a man before me and asked me to pass my talent to him by impartation. The newcomer was to take over the charge of teaching the followers of Atheist in the Synagogue of Sinners there, since I was now leaving.
When Mr. Atheist stepped out of the synagogue, the new pedagogue, called Doubt the son of Despair, told me that the impartation of my talent would be useless to him since he has much with him already which he was sure was more than mine. Initially I doubted him, but when he told me that his words are the only ones not to be doubted I turned to water.
Doubt Despair said that he doubted that I would be able to get a seat in the Domicile of Dominion let alone a place in the Power Tower in the Island of Greatness.
With those heavy words of Doubt ringing in my brain, and with the remembrance of the watch of Despair I saw on his wrist, I took off in the Aircraft of Influence of Mr. Atheist and before long I opened my eyes in the beautiful Island of Greatness
On this day, two months after I got to the Island of Greatness, I thought to use my wits to achieve the power I crave for in the Island but the words of Mr. Doubt weighed me down
On this day, three months after, I walked close to the Domicile of Dominion but saw Doubt coming out of there. I was shocked. He told me how he also came to the Island of Greatness in the Aircraft of Atheism to make them doubt that there was any soul called Father Creator at all.
I asked if he thinks that his nephew called Hopefulness would eventually make it to the Island of Greatness and he replied that he could, but only if the baby in question could subdue him and believe in the Faiths which were delivered once to Mr. Saint the husband of Mother Wisdom.
I asked if that would be possible and he told me Hopefulness cannot overcome him, Doubt, since there would be no experience he would acquire to subdue him.
Doubt assured me that he would do all in his capacity to make Hopefulness believe that there is nothing called by the name Island of Greatness, River of Achievement and so on. By so doing, Hopefulness will end up changing his name to Hopelessness, according to Mr. Nonsense’s thought

Father Sage came in now, instructing Great Gain to flip the book forward. He obeyed and read:
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 22, 2013
On this day, a man from the Hamlet of Pity stumbled into the Island of Greatness. He declared that he had learnt at your feet for years and his purpose was to make it to the Island of Greatness and share some sort of good news with them over there. He even put on the shoes of Goodnews to the embassy of embarrassment where I now work. His name is Just. To make sure I monitor his moves closely, I quickly asked if he could work under me in the embassy and he accepted. I was glad.
On this day, I was sad when I heard that Just worships and even preaches in the Edifice of Edification, the only real edifice standing for the principle of Father Creator here. Since then, I began to seek Just’s downfall, yet without letting him have an inkling.
I tried to involve Just in many dirty works, like helping to package bad goods such as the Weed of Weirdness and the Powder of Power, but he refuses, running away from them all.
On this day, Hopefulness entered the Island of Greatness and I made him suffer.
He is now in the prison, waiting to be hanged any moment from now. Just had to pay with his life for trying to help Hope get out of trouble. I hereby throw Just down with this diary which I just made an end to; and any moment from now, maybe it’s Hope’s dead body I shall be throwing down here after he is hanged. Good day Happy-Go-Lucky.
“Ah!” screamed all the old ones there, for they knew Mr. Just so much.
“I can’t believe all these!” Mr. Knowledge was puzzled. The death of Just was like a mirage to them. Just, the son of Righteousness who hailed from the little Hamlet of Pity which Mr. Doubt had now turned around to the one of No-Pity. Father Sage bent to turn him around. He was stiff.
“O! How art the mighty fallen!” yelled Sage.
Sage wept…
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 22, 2013
CHAPTER TWELVE
…Humility smiled.
When Hope saw it, his hope came again, yet he wondered what she had up her sleeves.
Mrs. Confidant said, “Humility, go and bring the bag.”
Mr. Advocate just looked on. Humility walked back to her seat and lifted a common bag which nobody would have noticed, a female bag belonging to Mrs. Confidant herself.
“My Lord,” said Mrs. Confidant. “In here are Hope’s credentials. I believe Mr. Deceptionist did send that rough man to have it, but he has failed woefully now. It was my Commonsense and Discretion with Humility’s own two that brainstormed together yesterday night to tell us what to do. Here are the Credentials of Hope.”
It was forwarded to Mr. Justice.
Mr. Justice stared into the bag and was highly amazed with what he saw.
“Hopefulness the son of Sage, are you?” he read.
“Exactly sir—” Hope replied immediately.
“You are the first soul from the Happy-Go-Lucky to get here, isn’t it?”
“You’re correct sir!”
“Your aim here is to come over here, study here and get the experience to build the Bridge of Influence that would link here to your hometown; then you can have your people come here easily, is that alright?”
“Yes sir!”
“Hmm! That’s wise target!” Mr. Justice was glad.
“According to your CV here, I mean your Credentials of Victories, you have received only little formal education, yet you made it to this Island through the River of Achievement, not the bridge of influence or the Aircraft of influence; such thing which is very rare; Isn’t it?”
“Exactly sir!”
“Without a formal education, no school leaving certificate, no skill acquisition certificate, yet you have already had your eponym in a town by having a street called the Street of Hope and a hut named after you, called the Hut of Hope in a town now called the City of Activity, am I right?”
“It’s the truth sir!”
“The most striking of all is this—you were born to a family who dwells in an eyesore called the Dilapidation dwellingplace, your biological father being Mediocre, your mother Limitation, your siblings Vulnerability and Standaloof, your Uncle and Cousin in the name Doubt and Idle respectively, yet you made it to this Island. What more of achievement could be more than this?”
Mr. Antagonist bowed his head in agony as if an ant had just bitten him. He was speechless.
“Hopefulness, come over: come and have your Medal of the Achiever in this bag, as well as your Coat of many colours. Wear them and stand on this raised platform for everyone to see you.”
Hope stepped forward and wore the Coat of many colours which Mr. Just had paid with his life to put in the bag. He also wore his Medal of the Achiever and had his smiles back.
“Here is my judgment,” said Mr. Justice. “I hereby pronounce Hopefulness not guilty and all his seized right should be returned to him immediately. Mr. Accomplish and Mr. Receptionist should report in this Isle court to clear themselves. Arise!”
Mr. Backhander and his people were greatly amazed when they discovered what was in the bag Villain had just brought.
“What is all these balderdash!” screamed Mr. Backhander. They were so shocked that all they could yell was “Ah!”
They were still on the matter when Mr. Rumour rushed to them with his usual natters.
“Hope has been set free by Mr. Justice,” he declared.
“How?” they asked.
“Somehow, he was able to produce his Bag of Credentials. His CV was so attractive that Mr. Justice fell in love with it. He also asked that Mr. Receptionist and Mr. Accomplice should report in the Isle Court within forty-eight hours to clear themselves concerning the allegations they raised against him earlier.”
“Rubbish!” Mr. Deceptionist was angry. “Mr. Rumour, have you spread this rumour very far?” the man asked in a cool manner.
“Not at all,” said Rumour. “In fact, here’s the only place the news had reached. My latest rumour to all who listen to me was the one of Hope’s death by hanging.”
“But…was Hopefulness ever hanged before?” Mr. Deceptionist asked in shock.
“Not really,” said Rumour. “I thought all hope was lost for Hope, therefore I declared him hanged already. Even if I hadn’t declared him hanged, I believe my news would change from mouth to mouth as it goes on being aired into ears of different sizes.”
Mr. Deceptionist was silent. He pondered on how to get Mr. Rumour into the agreement not to rumour the news of Hope’s freedom too far, to prevent those in Happy-Go-Lucky, especially Father Sage, from hearing. He voiced out his mind by saying, “Mr. Rumour, please I beg you vehemently, keep yourself away from your submarine, the Vehicle of Vehemence, this moment, and don’t allow the relieving news of Hope’s release to be released into the ears of the people in the Dotage Cottage in Happy-Go-Lucky town, else they would be relieved of the weight of worry on their backs since hearing of his incarceration. Let them believe in your previous rumour continuously.”
“I…I’ll try to comply,” said Rumour slowly, for he was doubtful of his promise, being addicted to the uncontrollable wheel of willfulness of the vehicle of vehemence which would wheel itself to withersoever it willed.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Michaellegend(m): 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
hope is free at last. #happy
in Oliver twist voice ''mooorrrrrrreeeeeee''
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
Michaellegend: hope is free at last. #happy
in Oliver twist voice ''mooorrrrrrreeeeeee''

Let's just pray that Hope's freedom should be permanent o, because I fear this Backhander and hin people o. angry
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by teetee92(m): 6:37am On Nov 23, 2013
Next update sir!!!!!!!!!!! angryNext update sir!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Karevwite: 11:19am On Nov 23, 2013
hehehehe...me feeling dis tori o!...sammie 9ce wrk.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 24, 2013
Good dai my people. Happy Sunday and how was your weekend? Pls let's make this day count in God's presence. Let's go worship in his sanctuary. Once again, Happy New Week cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 24, 2013
lemme drop this bomb b4 i go church...

Story Continuation...
Dedicated to the Almighty God...and to all my readers.

In Happy-Go-Lucky town, the residents of the Hurt huts had made ready a large feast to express their joy over Hope’s death, having been told earlier by Mr. Rumour that Hope had been hanged. Mother Witch was so glad that she danced for hours to celebrate it. Now Mr. Conflict had been released from the Cell of Hell in the Dell of Yells where he had been kept earlier for the evil he committed against Father Sage’s people in the Dotage Cottage.
When Rumour made the news known, the Hurters disbelieved at first, but had to believe him after the Bads had been sent to spy out the happening in Father Sage’s temple site. The Bads (Badwill and Badwish) came back with the news of Mr. Just, whom they found dead, thus confirming Rumour’s story.
Since the arrival of Mr. Conflict to the Hurt huts, there hadn’t ceased an hour of conflict in the huts. He would make sure he set his watch, called the Clock of Conflict, to the minutes he wanted conflict prompted and would feed the hurters with his food for thought called the Cornflakes of Conflict. Mr. Oppressor and Madam Pickoffence his wife hadn’t had a day without bones of contentions in their meals, which Mr. Conflict would surreptitiously put in them while the pot was on fire. Mr. Oppressor would afflict her, asking for the hug he had hankered after for four years which she had denied him. The hurters had even called it the Hug of Oppressor.
Madam Pickoffence detested the hug so much due to its tightness. She would say, “The hug of Oppressor is as worse as being tied with a strong cord, because it could choke someone to death.”
It was such hug that killed her adopted baby ten years back. The baby was toasted and squeezed to death in the gruesome hug of her troublesome foster father.
Mr. Oppressor had just finished hurting Mrs. Jealousy and Stubbornness her son after eating the Cornflakes of Conflict, therefore they were not present to participate in the merriment they would now begin. Stubbornness, the one-legged son of Jealousy had dared Mr. Oppressor’s hug, calling it the hug of a weak cockroach and in annoyance the man had given it to him, leaving him concussed. When Mrs. Jealousy saw that, she became angry with Mr. Oppressor and lambasted him, thereby prompting the man to use the black Knout of Blackout on her.
“Picky,” said Oppressor. “Now for the last time I’ll ask you, give me my hug.”
“Why should I now give you the hug?” she replied in anger. “Have you forgotten how you jettisoned me to jet after the son of History, Rumour by name, the last time the hug was almost coming to pass?”
“Okay…I’m sorry Picky,” said the man. The way the ‘I’m sorry’ came out of the man’s lips offended Madam Pickoffence and she answered, “I am offended with those words issuing from the fences of your mouth even now. Your boring gory ‘sorries’ worry me like a lorry worried with logs and loads. After damaging the foetuses in me twenty-four times you now demand a hug, isn’t it?”
“I won’t damage a foetus anymore,” he promised. “Just let me have the hug now.”
“Your hug will surely damage my womb and land me into the tomb, I’m sure,” she said.
Mother Witch intervened. “Picky, please listen to your husband now and have the hug; it’s not going to be tight on you this time. At least to celebrate Hope’s destruction, do it.”
Madam Pickoffence pondered on Mother Witch’s advice in silence and replied, “Mother, for your sake I’ll now forsake the risk at stake and take the hug. But after this, no more.”
“Good!” the old woman was glad.
Madam Pickoffence sought the permission of her landlady to put off the Gown of Frown on her and get her wedding gown so the hug could go down well. When Mr. Oppressor hugged her in the wedding gown twenty-four years back during their wedding ceremony in Mr. Nonsense’s courtyard, she fainted.
When Badwish and Badwill saw the woman advancing in her radiant wedding gown, they began to wish with all their souls that the hug would not take place. Badwish whispered to Badwill, “How I wish Mr. Oppressor could kick her out and make her pick offence at him.”
Badwill responded, “My will is to see Rumour come here with his Wheel of Willfullness and announce something to make Mr. Oppressor denounce the hug and abandon it.”
As the hug would take place, Stubbornness rushed in between them in his crutches and shouted, “Mr. Oppy, you shall not have this hug! Do you think I’d be concussed forever? I won’t allow you have your way.”
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
Happy Sunday house. Methink 2day's Sunday, rest day, so no one wld b on NL let alone dis thread, so me decided to post this update wey no one go see until 2mao... shocked grin

Story Continuation...

Mr. Oppressor was angry. However, he controlled his temper and said, “Stubby, I’ll shut my eyes and open it back after three seconds. If you haven’t cleared out of my sight, you’d be dead.”
Stubbornness wasn’t scared of his threat as he was wont doing. However, the man shut his eyes. When he opened them, he discovered two persons now standing between his wife and himself.
“What!” he yelled. “Baddream, are you now my enemy too?”
“No,” said Baddream.
“So why do you come in between my hug?”
“Well…I just want to tell you that I have a bad dream,” said Baddream.
The man was angered.
“Hey, Baddream, it’s not time for me to listen to your bad dream: after the hug you can return and I’ll listen to you.”
“Oppy, let’s listen to his dream,” Mother Witch cut in. “So…Baddy what’s the dream all about?”
“I dreamt that I saw this couple almost having a copulating conjunction, but at that juncture Stubby and I came between the hug and… it just didn’t happen,” Baddream declared.
In annoyance, the man hoisted Stubbornness, who was right in front of him, to throw him away. Just then, Mr. Rumour jumped into the Hurt and screamed, “Hope is now freed! Hope is now freed!”
The news rankled with Mr. Oppressor so much that he dropped Stubbornness on his wife’s head unintentionally and rushed to catch up with Rumour to deal with him. Instantly, Rumour jumped out of the Hurt and dashed away. Mr. Oppressor chased after him to catch him in order to prevent him from getting the news into the ears of Father Sage and his people. Doubt saw him chasing after Rumour and hissed, saying, “I doubt if Oppressor could catch up with Rumour and catch him.”
The pace between the chaser and the fleer was so large—it was a matter of twenty-meter increase per seconds, yet Mr. Oppressor wouldn’t give up, panting in the long race towards the Dotage Cottage, yet his ‘hide’ was no more in sight, having hidden in the vacuum beyond the eyeshot of the chaser.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 25, 2013
Good day people...
How do you find the story? Pls say something o, because I need room for improvement o...awaiting your comments...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 25, 2013
Good day people...
How do you find the story? Pls say something o, because I need room for improvement o...awaiting your comments... lipsrsealed
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by progressive7(m): 4:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
Your story is interesting sammy. I hope Hope's hope wont be shortlived. Keep it up.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
progressive7: Your story is interesting sammy. I hope Hope's hope wont be shortlived. Keep it up.
Hmm...me sef wants Hope's hope to be fulfilled o, but I fear that Receptionist calling himself receptionist and that Accomplice calling himself Accomplish. Most of all, I am afraid of Mr. Backhander o embarassed
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
STORY MODE uploading....
100% Complete... please wait...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Story mode activated grin grin grin

Mr. Oppressor ran all alone, and everyone who saw him thought him mad, for they hadn’t seen the one he was chasing. Vulnerability saw him and fell for fear. Limitation just looked on and whispered, “I don’t think I have power to limit a soul’s movement now, since my own son I couldn’t limit. I’m now glad for the benefit of Doubt I now enjoy; he told me to doubt my ability and believe in him without a shadow of doubt. I just wish he helps me keep Vulne and Standy away from believing the error of that wicked elder called Sage, which Alacrity and Hope upheld and had their lives held down by death.”
Mr. Rumour was treated to a sumptuous meal in Father Sage’s cottage where he had dashed into. He had declared the news of Hope’s freedom to them. While he was declaring it, Gooddream woke up and walked up to them to make his new dream known.
“I dreamt that Hope was not hanged. I even saw him now, getting more fame in the Island,” Gooddream had declared.
Father Sage rose up and asked to be fed when he heard the news. Since the fall of Mr. Just, the day before, the man had tasted neither honey nor locust.
“I am so happy about the news,” said the old man. “Out of the mouth of two or three witnesses, the truth shall be established.”
“Who is the third person?” Mr. Rumour asked but the Sage ignored him and changed the topic.
When Rumour had finished the meal, he said, “Ah! I have forgotten to tell you…”
“What?” asked the Faiths.
“That Mr. Oppressor was chasing after me,” he said.
“Where’s he now?” said Dwarf Faith, willing to go after him immediately.
“I guess he’d be here in the next five minutes,” he said.
“But…is he still chasing after you?” asked Doggedness.
Mr. Rumour laughed.
“It was but five seconds he saw me before I left his sight,” said Mr. Rumour. “Even my long shadow he didn’t see.”
“Wow!” Doggedness said. “But did you use your Vehicle of Vehemence to amass such immense celerity?”
“Not at all, Doggedy,” he said. “I used my swift feet, such which I used to get those swifts alive those days before they could crawl into their various hiding places. I don’t use my Vehicle of Vehemence for localized locus such as this. It’s only meant for journey across seas and rivers.”
Giant Faith lurked at the door for the arrival of Mr. Oppressor. After waiting for six minutes he asked, “Mr. Rumour, are you sure he hasn’t left the chase?”
“I don’t know,” he said.
Mr. Oppressor reached the door three minutes later and pushed it in forcefully. A hand grabbed his neck and lifted him eight meters above the ground level. He wriggled in the grip of Giant Faith.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 27, 2013
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
Mr. Backhander was not pleased at all with Hope’s acquittal. He discussed the issue with the Panel of Partial Judges in the Superior Court belonging to the Superior Complexioned. The court was called ‘SCSC’ (Superior Court of the Superior Complexioned) and whatever decision was made there can never be challenged or altered. As a matter of fact, no IC was allowed to enter into the SCSC for fear of being contaminated with the traces of their complexion, which was believed to be contagious.
Mr. Albino of the SCs complained that the Complexion of Complication he had (pigments on his skin) was the result of his mother’s close relationship with a man of the ICs while he was in the womb, but Miss Albino, a young girl of the ICs had nothing to say of her own skin. She only wished she was born a total SC instead of a CC. Even Mulatto was angry with his father Mr. Fairness of the SCs for his marital affair with his mother, Mrs. Favour of the ICs whose connubial relationship had led to his ambiguous birth and led to his being called an ISC.
As a matter of fact, the ICIC (Isle Court of the Inferior Complexioned) cannot stand on its own, since almost all the cases presided over by Mr. Justice, the president of the court would later be taken up in the SCSC again.
As Hope began to walk to the complex with few well-wishers, a cart double-crossed them and halted suddenly. He was shocked when he saw the cart. It was like the black Cart of Incarceration, which had been conveying him from his prison to the court and vice-versa for days now.
An SC stepped out.
“Get in here!” the man screamed at Hope. He was speechless.
The SC didn’t wait for Hope to get in of his own accord, having corded his arms backward with a metallic cord, dragging him into the cart. The ICs around Hope all fled, fearing what would befall them if they waited. Only Humility waited, pulling at Hope’s arm, but another SC jumped down the Cart of Incarceration and got rid of her, pushing her to the floor. She wailed.
Hope wasn’t sure of where they were taken him to. He just watched on, observing how things would turn out. The drive was long. The speed of the cart was greater, far greater than the speeds of the Carts of Catastrophe and the Vans of Vandalism and Mr. Cheat’s Van of Vanity he had seen back on the Highway of Iniquity where he trod few years back. Then, the Carts of Catastrophe were used by the highwaymen to cart away stolen goods while the Vans of Vandalism were used for destructive works. Hope feared a fatal accident as the cart slid down the tarred road. He feared for his life greatly.
After almost two hours, they began to enter a remote area. The path was so lonely that the sound of a dropped pin could reverberate. It looked more like an advanced Valley of the Shadow of Death made by Fear close to Father Sage’s cottage and temple, the Temple of Temperance. Hope remembered his favourite recitation and began to hum it: Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil…
Hope was cast into a place which looked just like a dungeon, but this time around, it wasn’t the Dungeon of Dungs where Mr. Just was being tortured earlier, but a worse place, called the Bay of Mayhem. Hope was turned upside-down and his legs were tied to an object. They had fastened many long Pins of Pains to his body, causing great grief for him. Some clips called the Clips of Clamour were used to nip his skin all over, such that when a button was pushed a strong current would push itself into his body, bringing excruciating pain.
Amidst tears, he asked, “What have I done? Can someone tell me?” At first they didn’t respond, minding their own business. After a while, someone said, “It doesn’t matter whether you’ve done anything or not. We are only doing our job here. My name is Torture. Nice meeting you, Hope.” He shook Hope’s hand.
For days Hope was repeatedly tortured by Torture. The torment he had in the bay was far more than the one he received back in his hometown, Happy-Go-Lucky, in the Hurt huts. Here, Hope was stripped off his garment and was made to lie on icebergs naked. He was also buried in snows for minutes and whenever he was given up, they would pull him out and bathe him in warm water.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by progressive7(m): 1:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
When is Hope going to be free from those trying to dash his hope? Una ehn,make d guy go fast n pray o.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 29, 2013
progressive7: When is Hope going to be free from those trying to dash his hope? Una ehn,make d guy go fast n pray o.

Ha! ha! ha! ha! Nor worry, I go do that on his behalf. embarassed
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 3:18am On Nov 29, 2013
What baffled Hope was the sight of the son of Mr. Liar he saw lying by his side on the ice. Daydream and Wishy-Washy weren’t present now.
“Hope, see you now, being tortured,” said Evil Thought. “Where are those you call your friend that day? Haven’t they neglected you?”
Hope could not speak. He just shivered in the cold.
“Only I alone could take all the risk to visit you in your trying time. Where are your Commonsense and Discretion now, nowhere to be found? I thought they do give you solutions to all things before. I alone am your true friend, but alongside my two brothers—only that they are both sick and resting now with Mr. Liar my father—you know the task of walking to and fro can weary one out sometimes. O! my Hope! Just cease your breath here intentionally and pass on. I think it is the best for you now. When you do these, I am assuring you that Mr. Liar my father would be waiting to eagerly reward you in the dip Pit of Pity where we reside. As Humility told you how Rumour told her of Haughty’s death, so will your death be told also to many ears. But Haughty is now with us in the Pit of Pity enjoying the rest of her life she couldn’t tarry to enjoy here on earth…”
Evil Thought spoke many words into Hope’s ears such that his ears were full. Hope even attempted holding his breath, but when he didn’t give up after holding it for five minutes he gave up eventually, for the pain was telling on his abdomen.
Evil Thought communicated with him until he lost consciousness.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 3:22am On Nov 29, 2013
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
Humility reported Hope’s disappearance to Mr. Justice immediately. When he heard it, he began to make investigation at once. When Humility described the outward appearance of the cart that brought about the disappearance of Hope, the man knew at once that it was the case of the dreaded bay. The bay was a questionable one, which, until the present moment, was believed to never exist by many, yet those who were dealt with over there would not stop recounting their gory ordeal. However, each of them had called it several names, thereby engendering the general belief that it wasn’t in existence. Those days, when Mr. Innocent returned, before he was later judged guilty, he testified to the thirst he was subjected to and called it the Bay of Bandits. Mr. Dubious called it the Bay of Blame after being made lame, and confessed that he was guilty of the charge alleged against him.
Mr. Justice feared when he pondered on the issue. He knew that the bay was not in the land of the fays as many thought it to be. He was scared Hope would lose his life there and no one would know it.
Mr. Justice fearlessly thought of taking up a case with the rulers of the Island of Greatness, but thought it best to lead a peaceful protest among the few ICs first. They demanded the whereabouts of Hopefulness. Mr. Justice publicly declared the Credentials of Hope, but the SCs who heard him speak laughed them to scorn and poured their partially chewed Corn of Scorn at them. Many called him idiot and fool.
Humility didn’t cease to seek the face of her Creator each day for Hope’s release. The rulers of the Island of Greatness were silent about it, since they had made known aforetimes that the Bay of Mayhem, which Mr. Justice was claiming that Hope was taken to, didn’t exist.
A letter came to Hope’s mailbox right in front of his apartment in the Inferiority Complex and Humility picked it up. She read:
Father Sage’s Letter
O Hopefulness, the son of my bosom, you shall blossom in the Island of Greatness and rise high to greatness in the end. I have heard of your great ordeal; the way the heinous indigenes and aborigines of the island are dealing with you because of the gene you carry, showing keen interest in skinning you alive because of the colour of your skin. But let it be known to you that it is for your good, because all things work together for good. Hopefulness, rejoice when you fall into divers temptation, knowing this, that the trying of your faith shall work out Patience for you. But let Patience have her perfect work, so that you could be perfect and entire, lacking nothing. Though your trial to you may be a mystery but it has to be so, so that it could lead you out of misery. Yes, and all that will live in the way of Father Creator shall suffer persecution. But your light affliction, which is but for a moment, works for you a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. I call it ‘light’ because it is light in comparison with that of the son of Father Creator the Light and the source of all lights. O Hope, how shall you expect the evil people to take it lightly with the sons of the Light and delight in what we delight in? How will they not insult the salt of the earth with their Psaltery of Insults? How shall they not make the sheep feel sheepish? Is it possible for them to desist from lambasting the lambs? Tell me how those asps or wasps would keep silent and not sting aspirants like you with their poisonous aspersions. But be it known unto you that when they seek your doom, they shall fall sick, but you shall boom and the bell of doom they ring shall condemn them and boomerang on them. O Hope, hide not in your cocoon like the rest of the ICs so-called, but fight for the cause of your co-coons and the Caucasians equally and be not tempted to be unfair to anyone fair in complexion, but attempt to end the Race of Racism by proving to all that your race is not lagging behind as it is believed by all; by so doing shall your light shine before men and lead men to the glorification of your Creator. Hope, do you expect anyone to love you while you have those Shoes of Goodnews on your feet? But expect more tortures from the elites who do not belong to the light but to the Denomination of Demonization owned by Mr. Liar and the Church of Churlishness founded by Mr. Activist and attended by Mr. Terror and his children where they ring the Bell of Bellicosity often. Also, if there is any denomination like the Temple of Temperance in there, that shall you attend, but desist from the Temple of Temptation belonging to those who were called by Father Creator but refused to warn the worshippers in there to fashion themselves in the Apparels of Modesty because of the fear of losing worshippers.
O! my Hope! Be careful in your choice when you come to the age of having your hands in the Glove of Love: work by faith and not by sight in your choice to avoid facing the risk of being forced to divorce in the future. If you have your hands in the wrong Glove of Love, it would be hard to make amends, and such thing could lead to the eternal hot Dam of Damnation.
Hope, pure religion and undefiled is this, going farther to visit the fatherless and discovering the discovert when they are in affliction. Care for the widow and weed them not away the way the wayward ones who are not following the way do. He who gapes through his window and thinks to rape a widow is not wise, for how will he stand to witness his own wife turned to a widow so soon?
Hope, it is best for you to abstain from cop*ulation until you become a couple instead of using the Rubber of Rubbish to protect yourself and then end up being left unprotected by Father Creator; because a fornicator is considered a funny creature in the sight of the Creator and his prayers shall not be answered from above. Here the words of my sister, Wisdom, which she asked me to remind you: Do your best to lie not abreast her breast if she is not your wife, but flee from her sight to preserve your life.
Finally my son, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Humility smiled and held the letter tight to her chest when she was done with the reading, then she dropped it in her chest later. She wished at once to get to the Sage to learn at his feet. However, the words she had read gave her the hope that Hope would return safely from the mysterious Bay of Mayhem to turn the situation around him around.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oga sammy, do not worry, we are right behind you, i dont come on nl much
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by progressive7(m): 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Your work is splendid bro. God bless you.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Karevwite: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damex333: Oga sammy, do not worry, we are right behind you, i dont come on nl much
c ds gui...wer ve u bin man.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 30, 2013
Karev_wite: c ds gui...wer ve u bin man.
Na so I dey ask Damex too o...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
Karev_wite: c ds gui...wer ve u bin man.
my ogas no vex o. Been busy of lately
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 01, 2013
Damex333: my ogas no vex o. Been busy of lately
apology overacepted cheesy
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 01, 2013
Mr. Justice had made it popular, the case of Hope’s disappearance, but no SC listened to him. Even the ICs laughed him to scorn, believing that Justice had no point to prove. They were of the pessimistic thought that Mr. Justice would fail woefully in his pleas the way Mr. Dreamer failed many years back, after fighting relentlessly and doggedly to have the Race of Racism cancelled but was shot dead suddenly with the Tube of Turbulence emitting the Metals of Mortality. However, Mr. Dreamer told his dreams to his experienced co-coons those days, but the pundits only laughed him to scorn and made fun of it with their silly puns:
“Our race will run the race called the Race of Racism forever and lag behind in it, bearing our flag, yet it shall not be cancelled, contrary to your dream,” they said, laughing.
Justice took up a case against Mr. Deceptionist and his Accomplice in the ICIC but since Mr. Backhander was the source of their strength, he failed woefully. It was even Mr. Perverse who presided over the matter in the Isle Court.
Mr. Fairness an SC, the father of Mulatto and the husband of Favour agreed to help Justice out when he saw him come with his plain complaint. Mr. Fairness, being advised by his Commonsense and Discretion, indicted Mr. Backhander and filed a lawsuit against him in the SCSC. Mr. Backhander denied the fact that he had a hand in the matter. But Mr. Fairness, being a lawyer, asked him to state clearly his involvement with Mr. Deceptionist and Accomplice.
“I have no dealing whatsoever with the two men you mentioned,” said Backhander.
“My lord, Mr. Backhander is telling a great lie,” said Mr. Fairness in annoyance. “The day Hope was acquitted, the two men in question weren’t present in the Isle Court. Mr. Justice the judge asked Mr. Antagonist about them and he said that Mr. Backhander has taken them in a helicopter somewhere, meaning that they have some kind of secret dealings.”
The judge asked Backhander to defend himself and he said, “Antagonist was right to have said that: but let it be known to this court that it was on official duty—embassy related issue. I was asked by my superiors to bring those two men belonging to the Embassy of Embarrassment for a three-day training regarding embassy matters. Let it be known to this court that I did not even discuss any issue with them till we got to the Advanced Knowledge School of Thought the venue of the lecture. As stated, my assignment was to bring Mr. Receptionist to the venue and…nothing more. My superior could testify to that fact.”
For months the case lingered on. It could have been dismissed in respect of lack of sufficient evidence on the part of the accuser, Fairness, but since the man was deeply rooted in the constitution, he constituted a great challenge to the Superiority Court of the Superior Complexioned.
In the meanwhile, Mr. Backhander visited Hopefulness in the Bay of Mayhem.
The man came close to Hope and made a wicked grin. As he turned around to leave, Hope said, “Sir, why do you delight in my tribulation?”
The man turned around suddenly and demanded, “What do you mean, young man?”
“Why are you in support of Mr. Deceptionist and Mr. Accomplice?”
As if wondering, the man said, “I don’t know anyone by such names.”
“You know quite well!” Hope said, “The Deceptionist you all call Receptionist and his Accomplice you call Accomplish.”
“What are you saying young man?”
“You know quite well what I’m saying, Mr. Backhander sir.”
The man was shocked when Hope called his name. He just stared into Hope’s hazy face for a while and left hastily without uttering a statement.
In few seconds two tormentors came close and began to interrogate him.
“You, what do you know about Mr. Backhander?” they asked, but Hope kept silent.
“Speak, or you die and have your body, excluding your navel, shoveled under the weighty cheap heaps of gravels in here and leveled back again instead of a costly grave out there,” said one of the tormentors. Hope refused to speak, but they forced words out of his mouth when they began to torture his suture joints with a pointed device they had plugged to his skull. Hope confessed the little he knew of Mr. Backhander: how he had seen him enter the Embassy of Embarrassment on his arrival to the Island; how Mr. Antagonist had mentioned his name in the court to inform them that he had taken Deceptionist and Accomplice out in a helicopter. He also mentioned the case with Mr. Just who was arrested by Mr. Backhander and his men.
“Hmm…you know so much already,” said one of the tormentors. “And that is why you shall have your skull taken off your head and kept in the Gall-Gutter later. They began to lead Hope away. Hope was led to a bathtub filled with a green liquid having concentrated nauseating smell. Many skulls floated on the liquid in the bathtub. Hope was scared of the gory sight. He almost vomitted.
“You’ve seen nothing yet,” someone said. “You’re now going to be laid down inside for five minutes. It’s called the gall-gutter as you can see, being filled with liquefied gall. It was called the Bathtub of Turbulence in the times past, but Mr. Torture the chief tormentor of this bay renamed it the Gall-Gutter few years back.”
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) by Karevwite: 7:41am On Dec 01, 2013
Damex333: my ogas no vex o. Been busy of lately
eyah wlkum bk

All The Women I Ever Dated - NARCISSISM / Pictures From Akefest17 / Long Distance Relationship....episode 1

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142