Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

"My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido (2365 Views)

The Billions My Father Left For Me – Charly Boy / Obasanjo Is My Father-In-Law - Tonto Dikeh / Ini Edo Visits Hearts Of Gold Children's Hospice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Kaymisola(f): 9:51am On Nov 01, 2013
Davido recently opened-up on his Skelewu video, his relationship with his dad and the competition in the music industry.

He say he is not scared of competition, neither does he see Wizkid as a threat.

On Skelewu

“The song is big already; so whatever we do people are still going to talk anyway. I shot the video like a movie and there are three videos, so people can watch whichever one they want.If you don’t like the instructional video, you can watch Sesan’s, if you don’t like that one; you can watch Moe Musa’s. If people want, I will shoot one more video, it’s not easy.”

On his dad

"Yes my father is rich, but the truth is some people only knew who he was after I released my song, ‘Omo Baba Olowo’. I want people to know that the song was not a hit because of my father but because it was dope. I didn’t sing ‘OBO’ because of my father’s wealth – contrary to what people think. My father and family always keep me grounded. They call me from time to time to ask about my welfare. My father actually visits all these blogs to read and see all my nonsense. Just like the typical Yoruba father, he scolds me and whenever he does that, I will say, ‘Daddy cool down, what’s going on, relax.’ Although he is also very proud of me, he is scared and happy for me at the same time.”

On competition

“Wizkid is not a rival. I see nobody as competition or threat. God is behind me, so I just go into the studio, do my music and everything is fine. I develop and write most of my songs in the studio. I’m not afraid of competition or the fact that some person will just appear on the scene and take the shine. After all, I did it to some people, so I expect that it is something that must happen to everyone because you can’t be shining forever. But once you are good to others, make good music, have loyal fans, that’s all that matters.

I have plans to go into oil and gas business with my elder brother next year. I want to do music for 10 years. By that time, I will be 30, and free to rest. Some people are just starting out at 30 but I am already a success and threat at 20. Fame at a young age is a plus because I still have like 10 years to ball while some people are just starting at 27 and 30.”
http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/11/my-father-actually-visits-all-these.html
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Alikaxon(m): 10:04am On Nov 01, 2013
Why did u call wizkid?? Did anybody tell u to see wizzy as a threat? I dn't kw why u are just comparing urself with wizkid Both of u are not match, its because u are afraid and see him as a threat dat is why u are bringing him up. Why didn't u say, u dn't see erigga as a threat. U really see wizzy as a threat dats y u are saying it. Wizkid is a big boy, talented, he sings very well, although u are good too, but not as wizzy. Wizzy is the 5th richest african musician. Jaiye o jaiye o, star boy don cum.

2 Likes

Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by djeezy(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2013
wink
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by demelza: 10:15am On Nov 01, 2013
Alikaxon: Why did u call wizkid?? Did anybody tell u to see wizzy as a threat? I dn't kw why u are just comparing urself with wizkid Both of u are not match, its because u are afraid and see him as a threat dat is why u are bringing him up. Why didn't u say, u dn't see erigga as a threat. U really see wizzy as a threat dats y u are saying it. Wizkid is a big boy, talented, he sings very well, although u are good too, but not as wizzy. Wizzy is the 5th richest african musician. Jaiye o jaiye o, star boy don cum.
He did not call Wizkid's name. The blogger is just being mischievious.

3 Likes

Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by homesteady(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2013
Alikaxon: Why did u call wizkid?? Did anybody tell u to see wizzy as a threat? I dn't kw why u are just comparing urself with wizkid Both of u are not match, its because u are afraid and see him as a threat dat is why u are bringing him up. Why didn't u say, u dn't see erigga as a threat. U really see wizzy as a threat dats y u are saying it. Wizkid is a big boy, talented, he sings very well, although u are good too, but not as wizzy. Wizzy is the 5th richest african musician. Jaiye o jaiye o, star boy don cum.

Bros! Abeg read the interview again!

2 Likes

Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by drnairalov: 10:33am On Nov 01, 2013

wud u sharrap, nd blame d blogger!!! who posted it...

3 Likes

Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by LesbianBoy(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2013
Davido should stop revealing his plans in interviews. I want him to be ahead of wizkid jor. I say this because, i remember when he said he wanted to buy porsche cayenne car in an interview. Few months later it was in the news that wizkid just bought himself Porsche cayenne. I am sure now he has revealed he wants to go in 'Oyel' and gas business. We would soon hear that wizkid too is into the business as well!

1 Like

Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Dannylux: 10:58am On Nov 01, 2013
His emphasis on Wizkid says otherwise undecided
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by superjaks(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2013
davido is jst trying to publicize his dad's wealth jawe
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
SMELLOS
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by gluv01(f): 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
deejay_harry1: SMELLOS

what does it mean please
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Abukia404(f): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
gluv01:

what does it mean please
Ask wizkid
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
gluv01:

what does it mean please
means SMALLY..

in other word, means KIDS... or newbies...

it can also mean smell..

depends on how used....

#WINNER TAKES EARTH

1 Like

Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by realsuigeneris: 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
*leaves the thread* both Davida and wixxkid have gat no tallent. Both are just usual Lagos hyping........tubaba amd Psqaure 4 life
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
angry

Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Samxiulee: 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
realsui-generis:
*leaves the thread* both Davida and wixxkid have gat no tallent. Both are just usual Lagos hyping........tubaba amd Psqaure 4 life
you don't have to like wiz kid and davido,only people with good ears and hearts will know that the 5 artist you just mentioned are talented in their various ways.stop comparing them and enjoy their music life is too short.
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Lolitua(f): 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
wizkid,davido..dem b 2 diff ppu...proud children!!!
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Lolitua(f): 9:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
[quote
author=Sam xiu lee]you don't have to like wiz kid and davido,only
people with good ears and hearts will know that the 5 artist you just
mentioned are talented in their various ways.stop comparing them and
enjoy their music life is too short.[/quote]....nigga actually,d kiddo sed 4 artists n nt 5.....fnxs.
Re: "My Father Actually Visits All Blogs To Read And See All My Nonsense" - Davido by Shaadey: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
Dats ur p nw.y wiz gv d guy a breathing space argh O.B.O my foot

(1) (Reply)

More Photos From Jude Okoye And Ifeoma Umeokeke's Wedding / Check Out Pics Of Dayo Adeneye's Beautiful Daughter / Nicki Minaj Shares Sexy Pics With Drake From Anaconda Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.