Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware (30022 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / American Visa Lottery Is Here Again October 2011 / US Visa Lottery: Is It Genuine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Siga: 1:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
Someone sent this to me. They came across these fraudsters at the Ikorodu ... this is so sad... why do Nigerians do this to our own kind or anyone for that matter...

Please warn any gullible being out there... there is nothing like Canada visa lottery... Please be warned... if you need any info about Canada... visit

www.cic.gc.ca or any of the travel sections on Nairaland... dont fall for this please...

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by whirlwind7(m): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hehehehehe. Survival of the fittest in the Naija jungle. See how brazen this guys are. Displaying banners to promote their business as if it's legit. Even the average law enforcement agency have no clue about the authenticity or otherwise of such venture. Moreover, in a sane society, such a business outlet ought to have a license before operating. Here in my beloved jungle, anything goes. Enuff mugus go fall before pipu eye clear cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Siga: 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
...But why my people dey do... dem even make t-shirts and caps... this is so sad...
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
Siga: ...But why my people dey do... dem even make t-shirts and caps... this is so sad...

Can you contact Canadian authority from there?
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Osama10(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
The truth is that Nigerians are so gullible.

Once they hear say na US,UK or Canada. grin
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
Na so canada don cheap reach now undecided and Nigerians are not Justwise
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by 25omega(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
To be fair, the picture doesn't show any advertisement that says lottery. It might be an info desk which would cost you N500 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Siga: 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
justwise:

Can you contact Canadian authority from there?
....There is absolutely nothing they can do... its left to Naija authority to stop it...and u wont believe how many EDUCATED guys still mail me asking about this....
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by otijah(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Which one kwanu is d real one, I hav wanted to travel last week but the rumour of the scam is too mush
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Emmyimo(m): 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
i wonder why people cannot stay here, 9ja we hail! Thee joor
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Shollyps(m): 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
KOLADE ALABI
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by manitobor(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Siga: ... Please ... dont fail for this please...

You mean don't fall for this? undecided
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by kingschild123(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Saw the same stand at orile
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Polio: 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
Emmyimo: i wonder why people cannot stay here, 9ja we hail! Thee joor
If you had a libyan or somalian visa thrown at you, you will grab it with your legs, teeth and hands and leg it out of Nigeria.
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Cletro001(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
That is for them, mk dem cari me reach there i don jas.
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by ifedayogal(f): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
i pray pple dnt fall for it o...chai see wot nigerians are using their brain for.....SCAM
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by pollay: 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
Naija no get law enforcement agent, abi fraudulent act don become our heritage ni? this country is damn wicked
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by LasBonBoi: 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
It is yet unclear what those peeps behind the banner are selling to the public, nevertheless, it is of high possiblility that they themselves are illiterate of whatever they sell. Its is most likely fraudulent. A lot of people who fell victim of such still keep falling and that's why these kind of fraudsters never go away.
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by chelseabmw(m): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Why will I want to travel to Canada with just 500naira undecided undecided as sweet as nigeria why will I want to go to Canada with a visa lottery? Abeg anyone that fall for such cheap scam isn't sensible...... Trust Me
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by sureteeboy(m): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Shollyps: KOLADE ALABI
Is the man still anchoring a radio programme?
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Laslim(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
Thanks fr d@ info
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by free2ryhme: 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nigerians are jus unrepentant scammers and there are unrepentant gullible victims ( mugu ) out there
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by hardbody: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
Polio:
If you had a libyan or somalian visa thrown at you, you will grab it with your legs, teeth and hands and leg it out of Nigeria.

I agree with you. Libyan because you believe you can move into Europe through the North and in the process die by ship wreck, marooned or die of thirst in the desert. Somali because you are tired of life and want the easiest way to commit suicide.

I am still a believer in this country. The number of things happening now were never within our contemplation. Before we produce another stealer Oduah, it will take a bit of time.
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by LasBonBoi: 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
4bobo:
it was a typo error now. U dont need 2 abuse him now.
@topic. They are evrywhere now, ikeja, island,oshodi. But my friend in america told me there is something like canadian visa lottery. He even sent me a link last year and one of our friends did it and in canada now. So i dont know the mix up now.
Since you can access nairaland.com I will believe you can access cic.gc.ca
There is no lottery for any kind of Canadian Visa. Your friend in Canada surely didn't come through any form of lottery. Please don't swing by the banner stalls and fall victim. Once you are in their cobwebs you will hardly agree you are being dupped till its all over
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Saw it At mushin also.......
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by tunshe: 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Siga: Someone sent this to me. They came across these fraudsters at the Ikorodu ... this is so sad... why do Nigerians do this to our own kind or anyone for that matter...

Please warn any gullible being out there... there is nothing like Canada visa lottery... Please be warned... of you need any info about Canada... visit

www.cic.gc.ca or any of the travel sections on Nairaland... dont fail for this please...

There is nothing like Visa LOTTERY on your pix.

I think they are wise enough not to put that but I sense the fact that they will prey on Gullible Nigerians.

Thanks for blowing the whistle.
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by MagicBishop: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Canada has long increased visa restrictions to Nigerians and it has become even more hard of recent, to secure an immigration visa to Canada than a tourist visa (the reverse used to be the case). This new development is coming in the wake of the economic gloom Canada's big neighbor to the south is experiencing.

More and more white collared, Ivy leagued, young Americans are heading north to Canada and in most cases opting for a Canadian passport.

The situation has also become more grim for would be emigres from third world countries like Nigeria owing to their lowered skill level and their inability to fully integrate within the Canadian society, something white Americans can easily make the switch since Canada shares a lot of cultural similarities with the U.S.

Also, abuse of immigration rights, false claims for asylum, redundancy and dependency on social welfare by many Nigerians in Canada has made that country evolve "thick skinned" immigration laws against Nigerians especially. You can all blame Ms Kemi Omololu for contributing hugely to this new policy arrangement.

This is not the first time that Nigerians collectively have to suffer for the crimes or idiocracies (as in the case of Omololu), I recalled being told by my dad, that in the 70's , you could buy a ticket on the counter and be in London in 6hrs without having to obtain a Visa. You would be guaranteed a 2 week stay on presenting your passport to the immigration officer at Heathrow.

Now all that has changed.
Drug peddling in the 70's, birthing arrangements (The Parents of most if not all the Tokunbos are guilty of this), scam marriages, credit card frauds, petty theft and the current high welfare and dole dependents of resident Nigerians in the UK all made Nigerians persona-non-gratis

Pic related: It is that crazy old wind bag that got deported

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire / I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / Condition Of Nigeria Rail Terminal In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.