Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Auto Golf3 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Golf3 (1170 Views)

Auto Golf3 Or 1998 Toyota Rav4,which Is Better As A First Car For A Bachelor / Golf3 Differences / How Much For Golf3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Auto Golf3 by PrinceNoneyDav: 12:21am On Nov 02, 2013
Pls what's d problem wit auto golf3 cars because av found out dat almost evryone dat complains abt golf3 uses d auto version.I also hav mor dan 2 frnds dat hav changed theirs 2 manual...although d ac is really impressive...hrd d 1.8 manual version is d best.pls car gurus nd golf3 users comment. On dis because am tinkin of buyin d auto version
Re: Auto Golf3 by elektra80: 2:24am On Nov 02, 2013
I am going to be very blunt here, I don't care what anyone says. The manual version of EVERY car will always have less transmission problem than the auto version. Yes, EVERY car. It doesn't matter if its Honda, or Toyota, or VW, or Peugeot, or mercedez Benz, etc. Now since that is a fact, couple it with the fact that most people in Nigeria don't use recommended atf, so if the failure chance of a particular auto tranny is 20%, when the wrong atf is used the failure chance will increase to like 40%.

So I really laugh when I read posts of some guys here saying they are afraid to travel with their car because of fear of auto tranny failure. Cmon, if u can't maintain it, better stick with the manual. At least the manual can take more abuse and its not all that electrical like the auto. U gain more mpg while driving a manual, and some people see it as fun shifting sticks. With auto, u save urself the stress of having to shift or using 2 legs at the expense of reduced mpg.. Oh and higher chance tranny failure. U can't eat ur cake and still have it.

2 Likes

Re: Auto Golf3 by Ninilowo(m): 9:56am On Nov 03, 2013
I use auto golf 3 too and I ve not encountered any transmission problem. Adequate maintenance is the key to durability of any thing.

(1) (Reply)

Engine Oil Shortage On Eod 2005 / Is Day Light Running Required In The Tropics ? / Your Car Could Be Infected With a computer Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.