Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra (46675 Views)

David Cameron Prays At Sikh Temple After Attending Redeemed Church London Vigil / Uke Adoration Today 7th Still Well Populated / Pastor And Choir Mistress Caught Kissing After Night Vigil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by kingbang: 12:29am On Nov 03, 2013
May anybody that twisted this story to demonize Obi and APGA meet with the same faith as those 30 dead people. Amen! We should not play politics of lies and definitely not with dead people. Seems mor.ons have taking over Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 03, 2013
After burning my mb to read all posts on this thread, i have come to a conclusion that nairaland should be permanently closed down and d moderators laid off to look for other jobs; 90percent of nairaland members are below 21, and their level of maturity stinks to the high heavens; may god have mercy on all of you.

Account delete button loading. Bye shocked

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by biafranqueen: 3:18am On Nov 03, 2013
This is a lie my cousins were at this event and Peter Obi had left a long time before this happened u people are really going too far, using death to further your cause will curse your candidate beware!

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 4:17am On Nov 03, 2013
The vanguard and guardian newspaper have the story on their website and none of them mentioned that peter obi campaigned there. They made it clear that obi left about 2hours before the incident. Nairaland moderators owe anambrarians an apology for taking an unconfirmed report to the frontpage just to tarnish the image of the governor, they have been taking all sorts of malicious reports against him to the frontpage while articles against apc governors are abandoned. This will be my last post on nairaland, i can't take their tribalism and manipulation anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by InvertedHammer: 4:58am On Nov 03, 2013
Bossforeva: Unban me first bro! O.k many parties, have been coming to the crusade ground for campaigns, in the name of seeking his blessings, am sure A.C came yesterday. O.k the party that came last night begins with the first letter of the alphabet and ends with same.

YOU ARE AN I.DIOT.

The party is APGA...I sait it. Let the heavens break.

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by suko101: 6:31am On Nov 03, 2013
The end time is near.......people we need to be prayerful for God mercy over us,because all this things happen in this country is too much
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by crimestud: 6:58am On Nov 03, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1502373/apc-ngige-killed-dozens-people
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color] THIS IS THE MAIN THING THAT HAPPENED. OBI CAME THERE WITH JUST TWO SECURITY MEN.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Ogojohn(m): 7:02am On Nov 03, 2013
Mgbadike80: The vanguard and guardian newspaper have the story on their website and none of them mentioned that peter obi campaigned there. They made it clear that obi left about 2hours before the incident. Nairaland moderators owe anambrarians an apology for taking an unconfirmed report to the frontpage just to tarnish the image of the governor, they have been taking all sorts of malicious reports against him to the frontpage while articles against apc governors are abandoned. This will be my last post on nairaland, i can't take their tribalism and manipulation anymore.
You can go and drink poison or hug electric transformer. Who cares. Have you not heard about occult manipulations before. My dear shine your eyes. Our blood shall never be used for any occult manipulations. Shine your eyes or are you a learner.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 03, 2013
Dr. Joe:
more lives could have been saved if they were rushed to hospital
This is exactly what i wanted to say - church is for prayers, Hospitals is for rescutitation, treatment and all that. They have exceeded the 'golden hour' where medical intervention was still possible before they arrived at the hospital.
Truth is if people falls unconscious, so many people for that matter - some will come to by themselves without any holy water or intervention for that matter.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2013
Mgbadike80: The vanguard and guardian newspaper have the story on their website and none of them mentioned that peter obi campaigned there. They made it clear that obi left about 2hours before the incident. Nairaland moderators owe anambrarians an apology for taking an unconfirmed report to the frontpage just to tarnish the image of the governor, they have been taking all sorts of malicious reports against him to the frontpage while articles against apc governors are abandoned. This will be my last post on nairaland, i can't take their tribalism and manipulation anymore.
Better leave NL sharp sharp, you are a concobility!
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

** 25 Dead, Many Injured in Anambra Prayer Ground Stampede

03 Nov 2013

Emeka Osondu and Kasie Abone

It was a Black Saturday as the weekly adoration crusade usually organised by Rev. Father Emmanuel Obinma of the Holy Ghost Adoration Ministry for prayers, healing and spiritual retreat at Uke, Idemili North Council Area of Anambra State turned tragic in the early hours of Saturday.

No fewer than 25 persons were reported dead and many others injured following a stampede that erupted during the crusade.

Anambra State Governor Peter Obi who was accompanied to the crusade by 10 others, including the All Progressive Grand Alliance National Chairman Victor Umeh and APGA governorship candidate Willie Obiano among others would have been caught in the stampede if not for the fact that the team left at 3.30 am shortly before the close of the crusade at about 5:08 am.

About 25 persons were confirmed dead by 3 pm yesterday.

Eyewitnesses said trouble started shortly after the event when the congregation was leaving as a group of people started shouting “Fire’ Fire, Fire,” which immediately sent people scampering for safety.

Some, however, believe the commotion was deliberately organised by some people who felt Governor Obi was still at the crusade, even though he had already left the venue quietly.

The casualties were said to be many because the number of crusaders, according to sources, got to around 100,000 because the day was All Saints’ Day and the first day of the month which so many people usually take advantage of to pray for the new month.

Following the sad development, Obi immediately cancelled all his engagements, including campiagn flag-off at Nsugbe, live radio programme at Silverbird, flag-off of road projects, inspection of the ongoing shopping mall at Onitsha and ongoing stadium at Awka, the state capital.

The governor was the first person to visit the Adoration Ground with security agents immediately he got wind of the stampede.

The two Deputy Inspector Generals of Police visiting the state, P I Leha and Kachi Udeogu, accompanied by the state’s Commissioner of Police, Bala Nassarawa, also visited the scene of the accident.
Speaking with journalists, Obi said he attended the vigil on the invitation of the Rev. Father in charge of the adoration, Rev. Obimma.

"I noticed something unusual; when I wanted to speak, a group of people started shouting somebody's name. I had to curtail them and said we are here to worship. I was here with a team of about ten people. I have my immediate senior sister who is a reverend sister. At the time I left everything was normal, there was no incident," Obi said.

On those allegedly shouting fire, fire, he said, "I don't think there was fire. Nobody saw any vehicle that got burnt. I have always said that people should try and live a decent life, do things properly. I have been to other crusade before. I stay up to five hours. That was how long I stayed at this one before I left."

Asked whether he suspected any foul play, he said "if people have started shouting fire, where is the fire? People had done similar thing before (at Adoration Ground in Enugu) and people lost their lives. We can't continue like this. It's unfair. "

Udeogu said: "There was no security measure that was neglected. From what I heard, the incident took place when people were going away. Normally if you want to secure a place, you secure the perimeters of the worship centre but you can't police the road. Initially, I thought it was a cathedral with limited access to exit if there was an emergency, but you can see from here that if there is an emergency, people will melt away, there is no restraint here.

"But like the governor had said, we shall fish out those who were shouting fire, fire when there was no fire. Certainly those that were involved, we would unearth them. People will talk and we will hear."

At the Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha, most of the injured victims who were rushed there had recovered.

From there, the governor visited the Crown Hospital, Nkpor to see the injured, most of whom had also left by then.
He directed the names of all those injured to be compiled for him.

Meanwhile, Obi has said a panel of enquiry will be set up immediately to ascertain the immediate and remote causes of the incident.

Obiano has also ondoled the families of those who lost loved ones in the stampede.

In a statement by his Media Assistant James Eze, the APGA candidate described the incident as “unfortunate and depressing,” wondering why politics in the state should degenerate to a level where worshippers no longer feel safe to worship in a sacred place as an Adoration Ground."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/25-dead-many-injured-in-anambra-prayer-ground-stampede/163332/
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by bishop4life(m): 8:20am On Nov 03, 2013
Our problem here in Nigeria is that we politise everything.please whoever is supporting this news should let us know if he is an eye withness...am not supprised that someone opened another false thread pointing chris ngige of apc as though cause of the stampede( https://www.nairaland.com/1502373/apc-ngige-killed-dozens-people ). But i was suprised that the thread was closed and this one was allowed to boom more and more even when we the eye witnesses continue shouting that this thread is a false alarm. But at least now i know where the problem is coming from (the mods are either controversial over the issue or something else). But to you my fellow nigerians, both news are false alarm. The deaths have nothing to do with either of them(apga or apc) or even nobody.Its a sad moment for us anambrarians,catholics and umu-nduru(holy ghost children).so please those making politics of this situation should please stop it...for now i can only pray for the souls of those who departed after adoration yesterday morning...eternal rest grant them oh Lord. Amen
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by uchetrend: 8:34am On Nov 03, 2013
FlirtyKaren: here is the true story:

Peter Obi,Willie Obiano and the APGA team left the Adoration ground around 3 or 4 am in the morning while the incident happened at the end of the adoration service.

After the final blessings and as people will slowly marching to the exit, a mole; supposedly someone positioned at the exit to raise the alarm, started shouting fire fire fire fire from the outside of the arena.

Given the large number of people slowly moving out of the ground, they hurriedly began rushing back into the adoration ground to avoid the fire; a fire which many of them didn't even see.

This caused many of them to be wounded and I was lucky nothing happened to people close to me. Some fainted while others lost consciousness.

When the stampede subsided, the bodies were gathered and were prayed for. Many of them rose up after the prayers and sprinkling of the holy water while the remaining were taken to Crown Hospital while one was taken to St. Charles Borromeo hospital Onitsha.

Many of the unconscious are regaining stability as at now and we thank God that some professed dead are returning to life; this has brought some amount of joy in front of Crown hospital.

This is an individual report and has nothing to do with any political party. This is the state of things and how it occurred at Uke.

Bodies numbering between 10 and 30 were carried away from the ground but official statistics and reports is yet to be released from the Adoration ground or from the hospital.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2013/11/photos-over-30-allegedly-die-at-holy.html

Godbless u my broda
Dats d true story as it happened.......so many foooools in dis rum talkin rubish especially these APC supporters. Let me tell u all these Yoruba biggots....NGIGE wl nevr win Anambra...and it takes a fool to support NGIGE if u lik blame evri death in d world on APGA. Anambra belongs to APGA fullstop haters and APC fools continue wit ur rumour cos Igbos knows better!

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by akpos4uall(m): 8:39am On Nov 03, 2013
www.ynaija.com/tragedy-stampede-reportedly-kills-30-people-injure-many-others-in-anambra-viewer-discretion/

However, there is another side to the story as an
eyewitness Martin Nworah came out to say the
story was false.

Here is how he narrated the incident:

The Holy Ghost Adoration Ground which is located
at Uke town in Anambra State is one of the
biggest Catholic prayer groups in Anambra State
officiated and managed by Fr. Obimma (Ebube
Muonso). The stampede that has caused several
false claims from many quarters is quite alarming
and it is as a result of this that I’m giving a
detailed account of events that transpired.

Peter Obi,Willie Obiano and the APGA team left
the Adoration ground around 3 or 4 am in the
morning while the incident happened at the end
of the adoration service. After the final blessings
and as people will slowly marching to the exit, a
mole;supposedly someone positioned at the exit
to raise the alarm,started shouting fire fire fire fire
from the outside of the arena. Given the large
numbers of people slowly moving out of the
ground,they hurriedly began rushing back into the
adoration ground to avoid the fire;a fire which
many of them didn’t even see.

This caused many of them to be wounded and I
was lucky nothing happened to people close to
me. Some fainted while others lost consciousness.
When the stampede subsided,the bodies were
gathered and were prayed for. Many of them rose
up after the prayers and sprinkling of the holy
water while the remaining were taken to Crown
Hospital while one was taken to St. Charles
Borromeo hospital Onitsha. Many of the
unconscious are regaining stability as at now and
we thank God that some professed dead are
returning to life;this has brought some amount of
joy in front of Crown hospital. This is an individual
report and has nothing to do with any political
party. This is the state of things and how it
occurred at Uke. Bodies numbering between 10
and 30 were carried away from the ground but
official statistics and reports is yet to be released
from the Adoration ground or from the hospital.

http://www.ynaija.com/tragedy-stampede-reportedly-kills-30-people-injure-many-others-in-anambra-viewer-discretion/
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by 0955eb027(m): 9:51am On Nov 03, 2013
pls...m 1 of d batch c members of d nysc dat has jst bin posted 2 anambra...
Is it safe to live dere??cos dis 1 u re talking abt pple dying.... And i heard dere s so much snake in anambra...i wanna knw hw tru it is..tanks
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by cuntento(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2013
Leadn: Dude Fr Mbaka aint Ebube Muonso naw!!!
Uke Adoration ministry is ran by one young priest that uses the alias Ebube Muonso... I've seen him a couple of times...

As for the death, its figures has been put to 70+.

APGA (Peter Obi) was said to have visited the ground and was shouted down...

I think his party cohorts/criminals fired shots in the air which caused a stampede that led to the deaths...

Source: Leadn :/
70+? U ar bloody liar. As of this morning the death toll is only 10. I wonder where u guys get ur informations from
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by bishop4life(m): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2013
0955eb027: pls...m 1 of d batch c members of d nysc dat has jst bin posted 2 anambra...
Is it safe to live dere??cos dis 1 u re talking abt pple dying.... And i heard dere s so much snake in anambra...i wanna knw hw tru it is..tanks

anambra is peaceful expeciailly for students and corpers, and please try to be on ur kit or camourflage cos even hoodlums will not steal from u on dat attire...u are welkum to the light of the nation
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by ceaser: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2013
Abeg what is the meaning of ONWA?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by bishop4life(m): 10:51am On Nov 03, 2013
ceaser: Abeg what is the meaning of ONWA?

its a title...real meaning is "the moon". Chris ngige holds such
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by delishpot: 11:42am On Nov 03, 2013
cuntento: 70+? U ar bloody liar. As of this morning the death toll is only 10. I wonder where u guys get ur informations from
My brother you call 10 only? Hian 10 people die just like that. 10 bros, sis, children, moms dads uncles aunts hian. Even 1 is too much o. Dont put only again o.
If ya mama or papa dey there people come say na only mama lagbaja na e nor go pain you?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by mko2005: 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
unmask: Jesus said his house had been turned into a den of thieves......guess we are seeing that now.....I have always been against politicians in church....and pastors that give them front row seats or allow them talk in public

I just hope our security agents will do the needful

.....and whats with the million million donation obi is making about?
Are politicians not humans ? Can't our leaders be respected again ? Or should you ask ur dad to sit on the floor in an event while you sit on d chair? Or is it a sin to give honor to whom it is due ? Ah ! Humans will sure be helped by God in Jesus name... Amen

God help us
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by mko2005: 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
0955eb027: pls...m 1 of d batch c members of d nysc dat has jst bin posted 2 anambra...
Is it safe to live dere??cos dis 1 u re talking abt pple dying[b].... And i heard dere s so much snake in anambra...i wanna knw hw tru it is.[/b].tanks
There are snakes every where but in most parts of Anambra i guess,there are 'sacred' snakes (python)that people don't kill so they loiter around but in my place,we don't only kill these types of snakes,we EAT THEM

GOD HELP US
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by kelEmi(m): 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
Zet72: This is one of the reason I have warned anyone close to me to stay away from Roman catholic church., No mater how bad a Pentecostal church is thy can never allow politician to campaign in their vigil grand
It very dishearting how a reverend father will allow a politician to even near they gate let alone giving him Mic to speak to people who gathered for a vigil. Oh how I with I was there, by now that ode would've been dead.

You're a big fool... Retarded bigot...
So if na Jonathan or your state governor come your church, your pastor go take Cain flog am... mumu like you... try go buy sense o, cause you need am big time...
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by gabby4p: 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
lmao
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by onyengbu: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ebube Muonso should pray the Bishop doesnt close down that place.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by goodchild24: 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2013

Peter Obi,Willie Obiano and the APGA team left the Adoration ground around 3 or 4 am in the morning while the incident happened at the end of the adoration service.

After the final blessings and as people will slowly marching to the exit, a mole; supposedly someone positioned at the exit to raise the alarm, started shouting fire fire fire fire from the outside of the arena.

Given the large number of people slowly moving out of the ground, they hurriedly began rushing back into the adoration ground to avoid the fire; a fire which many of them didn't even see.

This caused many of them to be wounded and I was lucky nothing happened to people close to me. Some fainted while others lost consciousness.

When the stampede subsided, the bodies were gathered and were prayed for. Many of them rose up after the prayers and sprinkling of the holy water while the remaining were taken to Crown Hospital while one was taken to St. Charles Borromeo hospital Onitsha.

Many of the unconscious are regaining stability as at now and we thank God that some professed dead are returning to life; this has brought some amount of joy in front of Crown hospital.

This is an individual report and has nothing to do with any political party. This is the state of things and how it occurred at Uke.

Bodies numbering between 10 and 30 were carried away from the ground but official statistics and reports is yet to be released from the Adoration ground or from the hospital.

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by goodchild24: 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2013

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by grailife(m): 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
This is a false news because i was there when everything happened, nobody died. Those that fainted were taken to crrown hospital and were prayed for by Rev. Fr Obimma and they all get well, just two people are still receiving treatment after saturday night and i hope that they will be okay soon
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by MOORCHMOORE(m): 10:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
Harmvirus: Op, it is Rev. Fr. Obimma Emmanuel not Fr.Mbaka
Cant u use ur brain instead of ur mind. Op said Rev. Fr. Mbaka brought up. Meaning he works lyk Fr. Mbaka or passed through him.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by biafranqueen: 10:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
grailife: This is a false news because i was there when everything happened, nobody died. Those that fainted were taken to crrown hospital and were prayed for by Rev. Fr Obimma and they all get well, just two people are still receiving treatment after saturday night and i hope that they will be okay soon
nobody died shocked shocked embarassed wow see how people can call death all I can say to that is when your reporting false news to create amenity, your calling that yo happen in your own life, be very careful!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Women In Hijab Join Lord's Chosen Members For Crusade In Kwara. Photos / General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby / ‘i’m NOT JESUS!” - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.