Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra (46687 Views)

David Cameron Prays At Sikh Temple After Attending Redeemed Church London Vigil / Uke Adoration Today 7th Still Well Populated / Pastor And Choir Mistress Caught Kissing After Night Vigil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 02, 2013
Rev Father Ejike Mbaka brought up by name Rev. Fr Obimma Emmanuel alias 'Ebube Muonso' the father in charge of Uke Adoration Ministries, organised a night vigil yesterday in Anambra State. A political party, which i won't disclose it name for some reasons, came that same night, in the name of coming to get his blessings. If you are familiar with Adoration Ministry, u'll know how multitudes, troop in for their crusades and vigils. Yesterday was not left out, so great a number of people came for the vigil. When it was now over, a political party hijacked the whole thing, using the advantage of the number of people that gathered, to campaign. During this fracas, people were now rushing through the exit. There was a stampede and many fell on it. Later over 20 person comprising of adults and children that were victims of this rush were picked from several places in the crusade ground. They were gathered and prayed for, splinkling holy water at them. Heard some revived. Shortly after this, over 20 that were still motionless after the whole prayer were taken to the hospital, this morning it was learnt that none of them woke up. They were all declared dead. This might have been averted, if there was no campaign at all yester-night.

[quote] Governor Peter Obi and his candidate, Willie Obiano had arrived to the prayer house [Adoration Ministry] at the early morning hours of about 4:15am to address the audience that had come for night vigil.

The arrival caught the audience unaware and surprising. And as Peter Obi mounted the stage to address the audience – the audience broke out in a quiet murmur – unsure of what to make of it, the Governor continued to deliver his campaign speech with Willie Obiano standing beside him. Governor Peter Obi promised to make available N5million to the prayer house to help tackle a gully erosion site near the Adoration grounds.

As he spoke, the quiet murmuring grew louder – followed by chants of ‘Onwa, Onwa’. And in reaction to the chants of Onwa, Willie Obiano/Peter Obi’s men including security operatives began rushing towards the area where the chants of Onwa was coming from. The chanters were moving away from the approaching armed men. In the process, it turned into a stampede.

At the end of the stampede, over 28 corpses were seen littered on the grounds. An estimate of over 200 were
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 10:38am On Nov 02, 2013
So, what's wrong with saying the name of the political party.

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 02, 2013
Afam4eva: So, what's wrong with saying the name of the political party.
Unban me first bro! O.k many parties, have been coming to the crusade ground for campaigns, in the name of seeking his blessings, am sure A.C came yesterday. O.k the party that came last night begins with the first letter of the alphabet and ends with same.

8 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Iceman296: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2013
The Political Party should be Named To Respect the Dead and Also Prevent such From Happening. A Prayer Ground shouldn't be used For Campaign.

May God Rest the Soul of the Dead. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 02, 2013
Iceman296: The Political Party should be Named To Respect the Dead and Also Prevent such From Happening. A Prayer Ground shouldn't be used to Campaign.

May God Rest the Soul of the Dead. Amen
i just gave the hint.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Iceman296: 11:02am On Nov 02, 2013
Bossforeva: i just gave the hint.
APGA?? AA?? Watever!
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by iamswizz(m): 11:02am On Nov 02, 2013
hmmm.. ur sauce?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 02, 2013
iamswizz: hmmm.. ur sauce?
I'm in Anambra State and got many devout catholics here, so dn't expect me 2 say "my source is vanguard" cox the root of any news is the original reporter. Meanwhile tis nt sauce, sauce is used in cooking.
Thanks

24 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Tapout(m): 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2013

Bossforeva: I'm in Anambra State and got many devout catholics here, so dn't expect me 2 say "my source is vanguard" cox the root of any news is the original reporter. Meanwhile tis nt sauce, sauce is used in cooking.
Thanks

cheesy
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Leadn(m): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
Dude Fr Mbaka aint Ebube Muonso naw!!!
Uke Adoration ministry is ran by one young priest that uses the alias Ebube Muonso... I've seen him a couple of times...

As for the death, its figures has been put to 70+.

APGA (Peter Obi) was said to have visited the ground and was shouted down...

I think his party cohorts/criminals fired shots in the air which caused a stampede that led to the deaths...

Source: Leadn :/

7 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by whirlwind7(m): 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
This jungle called Nigeria! Zero organization. Zero law! Zero respect for rule of law, even by those who are meant to uphold it. Zero conscience. Zero accountability. In a sane society, governor Obi would resign over this scandalous incident. But in this jungle called Nigeria, anything and everything goes. People die like chickens. No one is held accountable for it

17 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Harmvirus(f): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
I was there buh I had left before it happened..still can't believe it...may their souls rest in peace
Op, it is Rev. Fr. Obimma Emmanuel not Fr.Mbaka

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by mrborntodoit: 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
May their gentle souls rest in peace and for the governor, their blood shall be on his coconut head.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Decapo: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
Odikwa serious
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Clerverly: 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
***Nsogbu di na Anambra State***

Governor Peter Obi and his candidate, Willie Obiano had arrived to the prayer house [Adoration Ministry] at the early morning hours of about 4:15am to address the audience that had come for night vigil.

The arrival caught the audience unaware and surprising. And as Peter Obi mounted the stage to address the audience – the audience broke out in a quiet murmur – unsure of what to make of it, the Governor continued to deliver his campaign speech with Willie Obiano standing beside him. Governor Peter Obi promised to make available N5million to the prayer house to help tackle a gully erosion site near the Adoration grounds.

As he spoke, the quiet murmuring grew louder – followed by chants of ‘Onwa, Onwa’. And in reaction to the chants of Onwa, Willie Obiano/Peter Obi’s men including security operatives began rushing towards the area where the chants of Onwa was coming from. The chanters were moving away from the approaching armed men. In the process, it turned into a stampede.

At the end of the stampede, over 28 corpses were seen littered on the grounds. An estimate of over 200 were injured. A large percent of the dead and injured are believed to be Ngige supporters, this is according to one of the survivors of the stampede – who also added that “they rejected Obiano and willie and were chanting Ngige Ngige it took hours to calm the crowd by Father Ebube Muonso so that Peter Obi could speak. Peter Obi made donation of N2million to the Reverend Father. The Father rejected it and ask him to give that to the poor whom he have starved for years. And later there was a stampede.

28 corpses have been deposited at Crown Hospital Nkpor. The wounded taken to Borromeo Hospital

O dikwa egwu oooo!

http://247ureports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IMG01263-20131102-1014.jpg
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Adesola111(m): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
may the ALMIGHTY GOD protect us anywhere we go....click "like" if u kw tis prayer is f0r y0u

95 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by ichommy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
Very Sad
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by IYANGBALI: 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
Bossforeva: Unban me first bro! O.k many parties, have been coming to the crusade ground for campaigns, in the name of seeking his blessings, am sure A.C came yesterday. O.k the party that came last night begins with the first letter of the alphabet and ends with same.
my friend name the political party or get lost,you don't start what you can't finish,you think you are in mama nkechi beer palour

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by oboy3(m): 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
my sister just came back from the vigil some hours back and confirmed the news,obi is really qite and a wicken human beign,the crowds were screaming onwa,so his goons gave the crowd a chase flogging them,people fell i the process and were stampeded to death,obi God must surely judge you,is this the new measure you want to take in reducing ngige's voters,by killing them?idemili shall haunt you forever,,,ideenna have spoken

6 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
op ur hearsay report may be true but fr ejike mbaka is not ebube mouso pls change ur post or people will not believe u
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by ichommy(m): 2:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
Harmvirus: I was there buh I had left before it happened..still can't believe it...may their souls rest in peace

Are you for real? I thank God for your life.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Akshow: 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
sauce kor stew ni. Olodo lol

7 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by antontech(m): 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
Very painful, my own Nnewi.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by occupan(m): 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
May all soul that die here rest in peace Amen. All soul day
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by ZUBY77(m): 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
Anybody who takes a child to all night vigil and deprived him or her of sleep should be jailed.

21 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by IYANGBALI: 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
Harmvirus: I was there buh I had left before it happened..still can't believe it...may their souls rest in peace
wetin you go find there?I am sure you go pray for husband grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by unmask: 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Jesus said his house had been turned into a den of thieves......guess we are seeing that now.....I have always been against politicians in church....and pastors that give them front row seats or allow them talk in public

I just hope our security agents will do the needful

.....and whats with the million million donation obi is making about?

8 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by chinjo(m): 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Long live Reverend Father Obimma Emmanuel. May God continue to increase ur annointing IJN. How many men of God can reject a donation of N2 million but he did it cause his ministry is to win souls for Christ and not to make money.

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by esbjaygmailco(m): 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
this obiano of a guy wanna rule that state by force, i think its high time u know he has nothing to offer the state but to loot the rich treasure of the state

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nudob(m): 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
diz gov shuld b criusly dealt wit. Y couldn't he inform d pple dat he was coming 4 campaign
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by emmabest2000(m): 2:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
IYA NGBALI: my friend name the political party or get lost,you don't start what you can't finish,you think you are in mama nkechi beer palour
I wonder oo Op this your tori na fake grin
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by lafuria1(m): 2:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ya Salam, this really unfortunate sad

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know / ‘i’m NOT JESUS!” - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.