Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians (889 Views)

French Embassy In Lagos Sells Visas To The Highest Bidders? / Beware: Online Dynamic Ltd “immigration Visas To Canada” / Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by bilymuse: 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2008
[size=15pt]Britain stops issuance of visas to Nigerians[/size]

THE British High Commission in Abuja and the Deputy High Commission in Lagos have announced the stoppage of the issuance of visas to certain Nigerians wishing to travel to the United Kingdom.

British consular authorities claimed that the decision was informed by “an unavoidable technical failure.” From tomorrow, their visa application centres in Abuja, Ibadan, Ikeja and Victoria Island will only accept applications from certain categories of would-be UK visit

According to the High Commission, visa applications bordering on urgent and compassionate cases (e.g medical treatment, returning residents, fast track applicants and settlement for children) will, however, not be affected.

Other categories of travellers whose visa applications will be accepted and processed include: EEA family permits, diplomats and officials, DATV and transit visitors and long-term students

source:http://www.tribune.com.ng/10072008/news/news18.html
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by bilymuse: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2008
well, e like say water wan pass gari
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by Jakumo(m): 9:26am On Jul 11, 2008
This mild inconvenience can easily be surmounted by all Nigerians who are adequately versed in the ancient and noble art of Juju Teleportation, which is thankfully NOT predicated on the issuance of visas.

ABRACADABRA ! !
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by texazzpete(m): 11:47am On Jul 11, 2008
@bilymuse
kindly adjust the topic header to reflect the word 'certain groups of Nigerians'.

As it is, your title is misleading.
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by Mustay(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2008
exactly
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by deor03(m): 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2008
'Certain group of Nigerians' is a valid subset of "Nigerians" . Fair enough, the group of Nigerians affected are in the overwhelming majority compared to those exempted.

The heading of the thread is valid as far as i am concerned
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by texazzpete(m): 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2008
deor03:

'Certain group of Nigerians' is a valid subset of "Nigerians" . Fair enough, the group of Nigerians affected are in the overwhelming majority compared to those exempted.

The heading of the thread is valid as far as i am concerned

it may interest you to know that i never said that the title was WRONG. I said it was MISLEADING.

Surely you can appreciate the distinct difference between these two words?
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by deor03(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2008
texazzpete:

it may interest you to know that i never said that the title was WRONG. I said it was MISLEADING.

Surely you can appreciate the distinct difference between these two words?

To put it in your words, I guess you can appreciate the difference between VALID and WRONG?
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by fineboy6: 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2008
Am about to go and submit my application for visa on monday at abuja
for Msc program. am i affected by the so called suspension?

somebody help oh!!!! cool cool
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by deor03(m): 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2008
@ fine boy
I guess you are affected, The category of student visa NOT affected is the long stay-students, that is the undergraduates.

However, it is better you call the visa section help lines to confirm if you are affected
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by hedrys: 11:50pm On Jul 11, 2008
pls i want to be sure of the suspension whether student dependant visa is affected.pls ooooooooooooo.
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by ty4real(m): 11:53pm On Jul 11, 2008
British High Commission have come with it againg!What technical issue?They are really full now,so they can do has they like angry angry
Re: Britain Suspends Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 12, 2008
angry angry angry i don't blame 'em , i blame nigerians who are fond of traveling for greener pastures . why can't they stay in there country ,

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Process A Police Character Report From Ph? / Australian Visa Needed / Which Country/city In The Eu Is Best And Easier To Find A Soulmate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.