Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games (16123 Views)

Details From The Ongoing Npuga Games (nigerian Private University Games) / Updates On The Npuga Games Held In Afe Babalola University With Pictures-link / Nigeria Private University Games 2015 (npuga 2015) (2) (3) (4)

25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Tolexander: 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
TWENTY FIVE private universities will converge on Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU) in Ikeji-Arakeji, Osun State for the 5th edition of the Nigeria Private University Games Association, NPUGA slated for December 14 to 22, 2013.

President of the Local Organizing Committee, LOC of the private university games, Tunde Akinola, who said this in Akure, noted that 2,000 students would participate in the competition, adding that 10 different sports will be competed for.

These include football,basketball, volleyball,swimming, Athletics, chess, scrabble,tennis,table tennis and badminton in which the 25 universities will be struggling for honours in the seven-day event that will attract the creme-de-la-creme of the society.

Akinola, who is also the National President of NPUGA, said the aim of the Games is to help the nation discover talents among the students of the private universities. He said the previous editions of the Games had produced outstanding athletes who have represented the country in various fields of sporting activities.

The organizers however solicited for government support by extending it’s financial assistance and subvention to private university games as being done to public universities in the country.

Akinola stated that the LOC of the hosting institution (JABU) has assured that all the facilities for the Games are in good condition, saying two venues will be used for the sporting events.

He said,” the NPUGA committee is making efforts to ensure that the Games are hitch free. We want to assure all our stakeholders that this year’s edition shall be better than the previous ones”.
orirun

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by mazizitonene(m): 9:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
Uniport grin

Haa!....1st 2.........e don tey woh...a week naw...gud 2 b baq cool
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Olugbenger(m): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
The organizers however solicited
for government support by
extending it’s financial assistance
and subvention to private
university games as being done
to public universities in the
country
.why are these folks bent on emulating values and activities associated with the public ones?
Considering their negative stance to Reasonable Freedom and Concept of sociality on campus, one would begin taking random imaginations on their independence especially the Strict Christian ones.
Worse is now soliciting for the Government's support knowing how problems between the latter and ASUU, NASU etc evolved over the past years and the issues of structural decay in public institutions and other misfits.
All i see is a mischeivous program trying to gain sympathy, public attention and waste of funds meant for the common man's child.

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Codedrock(m): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
WHY ARENT THE SCHOOLS LISTED?

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by checkdate(m): 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
i love this idea.
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Codedrock(m): 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
@OP [Tolexander] i have noticed your topics do make frontpage a lot and that has got me wondering if your posts on frontpage is more than my mine [codedrock] i think me and you are one of the top 3people that their topics do make frontpage. KEEP IT UP DUDE
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
The organizers however solicited for government
support by extending it’s financial assistance and
subvention to private university games
This is like a healthy monkey asking his mother for a massage when she is trying to take care of its sick brother.

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Tsmooth1(m): 10:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
It is a good thing. But I think private Uni's shld remain private without governmnt interferance otherwise the government would start dictating terms for them. They shld source their fund frm other source apart frm government.

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by picoba(m): 10:17pm On Nov 02, 2013

Private Universities! Game!

Public Universities! Strike!

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by easyz(m): 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Fynestboi: 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
Codedrock: @OP [Tolexander] i have noticed your topics do make frontpage a lot and that has got me wondering if your posts on frontpage is more than my mine [codedrock] i think me and you are one of the top 3people that their topics do make frontpage. KEEP IT UP DUDE
top 3
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
Please can someone tell me when GEJ will give ASUU N1.5tr. am tired mehn undecided undecided
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by kolubo(m): 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
:
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by okooloyun1(m): 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
Codedrock: @OP [Tolexander] i have noticed your topics do make frontpage a lot and that has got me wondering if your posts on frontpage is more than my mine [codedrock] i think me and you are one of the top 3people that their topics do make frontpage. KEEP IT UP DUDE
Nawa for you ooo! U dey rejoice as if Seun gives out awards to people dat their topic made front page.

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by picoba(m): 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
sunnyboi: Please can someone tell me when GEJ will give ASUU N1.5tr. am tired mehn undecided undecided

GEJ is in Okirika for burial ceremony. Ok.

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by pendusky(m): 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
the list of uni pls?

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Elcapo(m): 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
"STRANGE BUT TRUE BREAKING NEWS!!! Very soon women will start paying MEN handsomely 2 suck their brea*sts. WHY? BBC Homepage Top News Story ... Doctors recommend that women reduce d risk of getting bre€ast cancer by having their br€ast sucked thoroughly and vigorously. It is said that regular sucking of d br€ast lowers d risk level that tends to build up lumps leading to br€ast cancer. D brea*st must b sucked as often as possible, help women fight br€ast cancer today. Men, pls and pls, do ur part & suck a bre×ast now; And women, pls endeavor 2 make it available regularly......This message is 4rm d Ministry of Health IN D FIGHT AGAINST BR€AST CANCER!Pls, I honestly think we should comply.....By humble submission: Help save a life 2day, pls suck a br€ast 2day!!!Suck,suck, & suck, Send this 2 all responsible men/women.....HAPPY SUCKING,GUYS SUCK WITH PRIDE cheesy grin grin

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by austinepreshyus(m): 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
With ASUU on strike nd Federal Schls nt beign able to resume........
Cn sum1 tell me hw
dis changes d price of garri in d market?? *goes bck to listening amanda by don williams...........*

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Djtm(m): 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
Olugbenger: .why are these folks bent on emulating values and activities associated with the public ones?
Considering their negative stance to Reasonable Freedom and Concept of sociality on campus, one would begin taking random imaginations on their independence especially the Strict Christian ones.
Worse is now asking for the Government's support knowing how problems between the latter and ASUU, NASU etc evolved over the past years and the issues of structural decay in public institutions and other misfits.
All i see is a mischeivous program trying to gain sympathy, public attention and waste of funds meant for the common man's child.
what's wrong with private universities coming together for some annual event? I thought values were meant to be emulated? All what we've ever done in Nigeria (the good stuffs this time around) as far as civilization is concerned was borrowed from somewhere. Going to school, new products and inventions, anything, everything name it! Going by your post, it will be considered sane for a white man somewhere to scold us for going to school because they started it first or because all what we learn in school are things they discovered. It will also be considered sane for mobile phone developing companies to keep churning out huge 1.5kg phones because a company somewhere in another country discovered how to make lightweight phones first. Your post reeks of hatred.
NB: i do not attend a private university!

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Oyiboman69: 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
Una No Go Think Of How Una Go Do D ASSU Strike,una Just Dey Conive Wit FG Dey Waste Una Time No Be My Own,mtcheew!
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by okooloyun1(m): 10:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
El_capo: "STRANGE BUT TRUE BREAKING NEWS!!! Very soon women will start paying MEN handsomely 2 suck their breasts. WHY? BBC Homepage Top News Story ... Doctors recommend that women reduce d risk of getting breast cancer by having their breast sucked thoroughly and vigorously. It is said that regular sucking of d breast lowers d risk level that tends to build up lumps leading to breast cancer. D breast must b sucked as often as possible, help women fight breast cancer today. Men, pls and pls, do ur part & suck a breast now; And women, pls endeavor 2 make it available regularly......This message is 4rm d Ministry of Health IN D FIGHT AGAINST BREAST CANCER!Pls, I honestly think we should comply.....By humble submission: Help save a life 2day, pls suck a breast 2day!!!Suck,suck, & suck, Send this 2 all responsible men/women.....HAPPY SUCKING,GUYS SUCK WITH PRIDE cheesy grin grin
What does NPUGA games has to do with bossom cancer? Seriously u need to go back to ur cage to suck goat breas*t.

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by slimthugchimee(m): 10:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
K
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Adex097: 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
chai....when will OAU organize NUGA games
#God punish ASUU
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by kennyonthrone(m): 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Creme-de-la-creme of d Society....Wtf! Ice creme k o Body creme ni!

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
is this one okay like this?
E be like say he don run mental o
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
NUGA, easy to pronounce!
NPUGA, sounds like APUGA( Igbo pronunciation of "APGA"wink gringringrin

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
YipeeeeE!

Don't know wat am jubilatin 4 anyways undecided
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by slimthugchimee(m): 10:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
click2cbn: NUGA, easy to pronounce!
NPUGA, sounds like APUGA( Igbo pronunciation of "APGA"wink gringringrin
tribalist
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by Olugbenger(m): 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
djtm:
what's wrong with private universities coming together for some annual event? I thought values were meant to be emulated? All what we've ever done in Nigeria (the good stuffs this time around) as far as civilization is concerned was borrowed from somewhere. Going to school, new products and inventions, anything, everything name it! Going by your post, it will be considered sane for a white man somewhere to scold us for going to school because they started it first or because all what we learn in school are things they discovered. It will also be considered sane for mobile phone developing companies to keep churning out huge 1.5kg phones because a company somewhere in another country discovered how to make lightweight phones first. Your post reeks of hatred.
NB: i do not attend a private university!
You analysis is very flawed regards to the comparison we are discussing.
why didn't u mention embracing values such as 'solidarity'?
So that private universities workers would go on strike collectively and appropriately with her sister unions.
I hold nothing against private institutions coming together for similar events or necessary activities, but not when such events arefunded with the limited public funds.
BTW, you were swift to point out my post reeks of hatred; but i wonder why u had to state you do not attend a private univeristy in ur mischief and bias even when u aren't confronted with such a question.

Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by holyjossy01(m): 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
Caleb University all d way.... No critism abeg
Re: 25 Private Universities Set For NPUGA Games by kolubo(m): 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
Codedrock: WHY ARENT THE SCHOOLS LISTED?
How private uni do we have in Nigeria?

Ordega: Playing In 4 World Cups Helped Me Play In Leagues On 4 Continents / Jude Ighalo Celebrates His Daughter's 2nd Birthday / Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development?