Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

I Made 11 Mistakes,mourinho Admits After Chelsea Crash. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Made 11 Mistakes,mourinho Admits After Chelsea Crash. (768 Views)

Fifa Admits Bronze Boot Error, Chukwueze Not Nwakali Winner / Hilarious Photo Tweets After Chelsea Lost To Everton. / I Made 11 Mistakes, Mourinho Admits After Chelsea Crash (2) (3) (4)

I Made 11 Mistakes,mourinho Admits After Chelsea Crash. by wengerjay(m): 11:04am On Nov 03, 2013
Chelsea manager Jose
Mourinho could be set to ring the changes after
launching a scathing attack on his players
following their shock 2-0 defeat at Newcastle
United. The Chelsea manager left his squad in little doubt
about his displeasure after an abject display saw
them squander an opportunity to make ground in
the Premier League title race. Chelsea have an immediate chance to atone for a
disjointed performance — which Mourinho described as
lacking in all departments — when they host
German side Schalke in the Champions League this
week. Several of the players who failed to impress at St
James’ Park are unlikely to have an opportunity to
restore their reputations immediately, with
Mourinho ready to shake things up to avoid a
repeat of the 90-minute no-show in the northeast. Taking his own share of the blame for a defeat that
leaves Chelsea with just five points from five away
league games so far this term, the Portuguese said:
“I made 11 mistakes with my team selection — 11
mistakes. “That’s the feeling I have when my team plays so
badly. We deserved to lose because for 45 minutes
we played at the level of a friendly. The result is
down to the fact that one team wasn’t there. “There was no aggression there and we lacked
intensity. It was a bad performance and it sends me
home with a lot to think about because I have to try
and understand where a display like this came
from. I have to admit I’d be worried if we play like
that again.” Mourinho concedes Chelsea’s patchy away form is a
concern after they succumbed to second-half goals
from French duo Yoan Gouffran and Loic Remy. “We’ve won just once away in the league this
season and that worries me,” he said. “You have to come here to Newcastle with a certain
mentality, and we just didn’t show that. We were
lacking everything, to be honest, and that’s how I
explain a result like this. “We’re 10 games in and it’s an open title race, but
that’s not something I’m thinking about every
week at the moment. I must go home and reflect on
this game because Newcastle gave us a lot of space
to play in and hurt them, but we just lacked any
kind of sharpness.” Newcastle ended a testing week on a high with a
fully deserved win to help erase the memory of
their derby defeat at Sunderland last weekend. Manager Alan Pardew paid tribute to his side and
dedicated the win to owner Mike Ashley, who has
come in for criticism for banning three local
newspapers from reporting on Newcastle’s games
in a stand-off over their coverage of the club. “We started off conservatively, because if you go
chasing from the start you’re in for a long
afternoon against Chelsea,” he said. “In the second half we had a bit more energy to put
more pressure on them and that cranked up as we
went on. “We’ve been playing well for the past four or five
games, and if you work hard enough and keep
showing that spirit you’ll get the breaks, and that
happened today (Saturday). Our players really put
in a shift and got their reward. “This win is for Mike Ashley and all our Newcastle
fans. Trust me, he is a fan. I’m pleased for the club.
We’ve had to make a stand with the local press. We
want them to be onside with us and this was about
giving a message to our fans that we are very much
alive and kicking. ”http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/made-11-mistakes-mourinho-admits-chelsea-crash/

Re: I Made 11 Mistakes,mourinho Admits After Chelsea Crash. by floma07(m): 11:30am On Nov 03, 2013
The Special One always giving an excuse... learn to accept defeat bro... everyday no be Xmas
Re: I Made 11 Mistakes,mourinho Admits After Chelsea Crash. by floma07(m): 11:33am On Nov 03, 2013
The Special One always giving an excuse... learn to accept defeat bro... everyday no be Xmas.... I stil dey laff una chel,shit fans
Re: I Made 11 Mistakes,mourinho Admits After Chelsea Crash. by Bome01(m): 11:40am On Nov 03, 2013
floma07: The Special One always giving an excuse... learn to accept defeat bro... everyday no be Xmas.... I stil dey laff una chel,shit fans
i think he accepted the defeat with the right attitude. You don't expect him to praise himself or the team for that poor performance. Same thing Pellegrini did when he lost last week against Chelsea!
Re: I Made 11 Mistakes,mourinho Admits After Chelsea Crash. by wengerjay(m): 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Perhabs he made wrong choice of the eleven(11) players fielded for the match.
Re: I Made 11 Mistakes,mourinho Admits After Chelsea Crash. by spenca: 10:13am On Nov 04, 2013
wengerjay: Perhabs he made wrong choice of the eleven(11) players fielded for the match.

Wrong choice ?....those 11 players have always been winning the league games for chelsea they are regarded as "1st team" mayb except luiz at defence n mayb mata ,buh they fact is aint those players first team player ?i guess chelsea were just poor as always with effecient minor teams

WCQ: Cameroon 4 Tunisia 1 (FULL TIME) / Agboola Tips Omeruo For Greatness / Aftermath Of Brazil 2014: World Cup Trophy Broken