Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

A Question For All Christians And Muslims: What Will You Say? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For All Christians And Muslims: What Will You Say? (506 Views)

Danger Waiting For All Christians In The University / Christian Weapons Of Warfare (8 Powerful Weapons All Christians Must Use)! / Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For All Christians And Muslims: What Will You Say? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
I'm basing my question on two basic assumptions.

1. There is a God

2. There will be a judgment day.

Here goes my question. If on the day of judgment ure confronted with your maker and he asks you why you didn't use the brain he gave you to know uve been lied to and your religion is false. What will you tell him?

He asks you what excuse you have for trying to rationalise and give esoteric meanings to absurd verses in his concocted "holy book" despite the glaring absurdity. What will you say?
Re: A Question For All Christians And Muslims: What Will You Say? by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 04, 2013
Re: A Question For All Christians And Muslims: What Will You Say? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:26am On Nov 04, 2013
I am very sure you didn't study the quran and bible before coming forward with this kind of argument. You would have recognize that this will be especially hard for Muslims because they are forbidden by the Qur'an to ask questions about their own faith! They are
warned that if they start asking questions, they may lose their faith in Islam!

Sura 5:101-102
Sahih international

O you who have believed, do not ask about things which, if they are shown to you, will distress you. But if you ask about them while the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be shown to you. Allah has pardoned that which is past; and Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing.
A people asked such questions before you; then they became thereby disbelievers.

Also the christians were tasked not to use their brain.

Proverbs 3:5-6
King James Version (KJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Are these the people you want to debate on how they used their brain? Better get something doing.
Re: A Question For All Christians And Muslims: What Will You Say? by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE: I am very sure you didn't study the quran and bible before coming forward with this kind of argument. You would have recognize that this will be especially hard for Muslims because they are forbidden by the Qur'an to ask questions about their own faith! They are
warned that if they start asking questions, they may lose their faith in Islam!

Sura 5:101-102
Sahih international

O you who have believed, do not ask about things which, if they are shown to you, will distress you. But if you ask about them while the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be shown to you. Allah has pardoned that which is past; and Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing.
A people asked such questions before you; then they became thereby disbelievers.

Also the christians were tasked not to use their brain.

Proverbs 3:5-6
King James Version (KJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Are these the people you want to debate on how they used their brain? Better get something doing.

Hahahaha. No wonder none of them is replying. I guess their answer will just be, we were told not to use our brains
Re: A Question For All Christians And Muslims: What Will You Say? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:17am On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Hahahaha. No wonder none of them is replying. I guess their answer will just be, we were told not to use our brains

If religious people can apply reason into their faith, there wont be any religious people
Re: A Question For All Christians And Muslims: What Will You Say? by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

If religious people can apply reason into their faith, there wont be any religious people

Lol, ure absolutely right. Like I always say myself, religion numbs the brain.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Politicians And Desecration Of Prayer Camps / Send Your Prayers To Those Affected By The Philippines Hurricane Typhoon / Who Killed Goliath In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.