Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,408 members, 7,958,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? (591 Views)

The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Apostle Johnson Suleiman Explains Why His Prophecy On The Election Failed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by stylesco: 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
Since the government has failed Nigerians, Isn't it possible for the church to effect some of these changes we've been taught to believe God for?

I've noticed that rich people, and even politicians find it easy investing (sowing seed) and giving to the church.
Isn't it possible for CAN to have a project for people to contribute to?
Probably a good transport system or any gigantic project that would benefit Nigerians since our government have decided not to do them.

I think this is the best way of teaching the government what true, selfless and sincere leadership is all about.

I believe we've prayed enough in this country and its time we Christians come together to move this country forward.

1 Like

Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
Best post from a christian.

James 1:27
King James Version (KJV)

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I respect this bro
Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by stylesco: 7:14am On Nov 04, 2013
thanks Folykaze

please I'd really love to understand this. Sometimes my faith is challenged because I feel the church is'nt doing enough.

please the good pastors and christains in here should educate me.
Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:34am On Nov 04, 2013
style$co:
thanks Folykaze

please I'd really love to understand this. Sometimes my faith is challenged because I feel the church is'nt doing enough.

please the good pastors and christains in here should educate me.

Some are trying individually but the church system in our society is completely useless today. Nothing is coming from them despite the billions they acquired from people through tithe.

I am not a christian but I embrace humanistic project from any religion group. I have personally joined the Jehovah witness in their community cleaning. Even though they dont invest millions in providing amenities to the community, their cleaning service worth been praised.

This should be the colour of religion and not swallowing of people hard earns

1 Like

Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by engrtee(f): 8:26am On Nov 04, 2013
Every sector in nigeria is failed
Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:28am On Nov 04, 2013
engrtee: Every sector in nigeria is failed

christianity globally is failure

1 Like

Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

christianity globally is failure

does it mean christianity is just for tithe, offerings and taking advantage of people's plight with promise of someting better by faith?

surely, it should be more than that.
Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dlyna:

does it mean christianity is just for tithe, offerings and taking advantage of people's plight with promise of someting better by faith?

surely, it should be more than that.

sorry ms, there is nothing more than the bold.

1 Like

Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by Joagbaje(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
The church is called to share Goodnews not to do government work. However church do reach out to people meeting certain needs as they deem fit. But church is not obligated yo do such
Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by stylesco: 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
Joagbaje: The church is called to share Goodnews not to do government work. However church do reach out to people meeting certain needs as they deem fit. But church is not obligated yo do such

I agree with you to some extent, but is making people's life better dependent on the government alone?
Don't you think the church should make a difference since it can afford it? besides some churches have schools,banks etc.
Honestly the best way to preach to someone is by making the person's life better through our actions. I believe lots of atheist will come back to the church when the church starts giving back to people and not only take from them.
Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by Joagbaje(m): 5:55am On Nov 05, 2013
style$co:

I agree with you to some extent, but is making people's life better dependent on the government alone?

It's a collective responsibility , everyone is involved. You do yours I do mine.

Don't you think the church should make a difference

The church is making a difference through preaching . That's the church mandate . School teachers should make a difference by doing their jobs well , same goes for government officials and everybody.

since it can afford it?

What do you mean by afford it? The church has enough responsibility under its jurisdiction . Some still go out of their way to contribute to schools , orphans etc.

besides some churches have schools,banks etc.

Church school is not a church . It's only in name. It's a school , same goes for banks they should operate like any other school or bsnk . We don't have to put extra burden on them just because it's owned by a church.

Honestly the best way to preach to someone is by making the person's life better through our actions.

That's what the church teaches. It's a collective thing . Every christian ought to do this as individuals . The church duty is to teach people such sense of responsibility .

I believe lots of atheist will come back to the church when the church starts giving back to people and not only take from them.

The church doesn't need to impress anybody . Churches foscus on prayer and the word of God. And whatever they are led to do. The church answer to christ not atheist.

Many churches have done many things in the society and atheist still criticise them. A church must focus on its assignment .and everybody should focus on theirs . The problem is that some people do nothing and complain about what someone else is doing .

Any extral thing churches do outside the gospel should be appreciated . The church has a clear cut mandate . Jesus didn't say go and build roads , bridges and bustops . Government should be held accountable for what they do with oil revenues and tax payers money.
Re: Government Has Failed Us What About The Church? by stylesco: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2013
Joagbaje:

It's a collective responsibility , everyone is involved. You do yours I do mine.

The church is making a difference through preaching . That's the church mandate . School teachers should make a difference by doing their jobs well , same goes for government officials and everybody.

What do you mean by afford it? The church has enough responsibility under its jurisdiction . Some still go out of their way to contribute to schools , orphans etc.

Church school is not a church . It's only in name. It's a school , same goes for banks they should operate like any other school or bsnk . We don't have to put extra burden on them just because it's owned by a church.

That's what the church teaches. It's a collective thing . Every christian ought to do this as individuals . The church duty is to teach people such sense of responsibility .

The church doesn't need to impress anybody . Churches foscus on prayer and the word of God. And whatever they are led to do. The church answer to christ not atheist.

Many churches have done many things in the society and atheist still criticise them. A church must focus on its assignment .and everybody should focus on theirs . The problem is that some people do nothing and complain about what someone else is doing .

Any extral thing churches do outside the gospel should be appreciated . The church has a clear cut mandate . Jesus didn't say go and build roads , bridges and bustops . Government should be held accountable for what they do with oil revenues and tax payers money.

thanks for explaining things to me. I understand things better now.
thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Uke Adoration Today 7th Still Well Populated / Why Do Some Muslim,atheists,buddhists,jews Celebrate Christmas? / The God Who Wasn't There. (full Movie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.