Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,031 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand (3051 Views)

Lagos City Polytechnic Lecturers Arrested For Exam Malpractice / Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Strike February 25 / The End Of Polytechnic In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by OPEYEMIAD(m): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
Is like federal government are interested on ASUU matter alone, this is to bring to federal government Notice that Polytechnic Lecturers are on strike too.
Dear FG, when are you going to address them, afterall they started this strike before ASUU. Almost four month now
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by Jeetkool(m): 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Abioo
Make them do something oooo
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by Pacesetter2: 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
The way you framed the topic 'were on strike' means you have resumed. Try change to 'are on strike'
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by otokx(m): 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
ASUP no get levels.
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by OPEYEMIAD(m): 7:39am On Nov 05, 2013
Pace$etter:
The way you framed the topic 'were on strike' means you have resumed. Try change to 'are on strike'
noted
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by 151487made(m): 9:42am On Nov 05, 2013
Plz I wan ask one question o.....plz how many "prof" they polybag ah sorry polytechnic wey dey lecture
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by OPEYEMIAD(m): 8:13am On Nov 25, 2013
151487made: Plz I wan ask one question o.....plz how many "prof" they polybag ah sorry polytechnic wey dey lecture
Keep your sorry, some H.O.D and rector were professors and also some poly has professor
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by Sard(m): 8:48am On Nov 25, 2013
Such a bad timing cry With the prejudice against polytechnic, ASUP should be wise enough not to go on strike when ASUU is also on strike. Una go stay for house tire, I only pity the students.
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by Sard(m): 8:52am On Nov 25, 2013
151487made: Plz I wan ask one question o.....plz how many "prof" they polybag ah sorry polytechnic wey dey lecture
Dumb post! Which kind stupid question b that shocked)? hmmmm? undecided
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by Jeetkool(m): 10:44am On Nov 25, 2013
That one naa wash.............
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by OPEYEMIAD(m): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2013
Sard: Such a bad timing cry With the prejudice against polytechnic, ASUP should be wise enough not to go on strike when ASUU is also on strike. Una go stay for house tire, I only pity the students.
ASUP start their strike before ASUU, after dialogue with National Assembly they promise them within one month the problem will be solved, that why ASUP suspend their 3 months old strike. But failure to comply after 6 weeks they Embark on strike
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by OPEYEMIAD(m): 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
Report has it that FEDERAL POLY ILARO, OGUN STATE has just pulled out from the ongoing ASUP strike.
In less than two hours, two Federal Polytechnic (FED POLY ADO & FED POLY ILARO) from the South-West has opt out from the strike.
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by OPEYEMIAD(m): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2013
ASUP TOP STRIKERS

1 FED POLY OKO, ANAMBRA STATE
2 KAD POLY KADUNA
3 FED POLY OFFA, KWARA STATE
4 FED POLY BIDA, NIGER STATE
5 FED POLY NASARAWA
6 FED POLY EDE, OSUN STATE
7 FED POLY UNWANA, EBONYI STATE
8 FED POLY BAUCHI
9 FED POLY MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE
10 FED POLY KAURA NAMUDA
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by yungryce: 8:31am On Dec 13, 2013
OPEYEMI AD: Is like federal government were ARE interested on ASUU matter alone, this is to brought BRING to federal government Notice that Polytechnic Lecturers are on strike too.

Dear FG(,) when are you going to address them, afterall they started this strike before ASUU. Almost four month now

infact, u need to reconstruct evrything u wrote. When i read such write-ups, i really find it hard to fault the industrial struggles of ASUU & ASUP
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by OPEYEMIAD(m): 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
yungryce:

infact, u need to reconstruct evrything (everything) u wrote. When i read such write-ups, i really find it hard to fault the industrial struggles of ASUU & ASUP
noted
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by felastika(m): 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
OPEYEMI AD: Is like federal government are interested on ASUU matter alone, this is to bring to federal government Notice that Polytechnic Lecturers are on strike too.
Dear FG, when are you going to address them, afterall they started this strike before ASUU. Almost four month now

Are you sure
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by shegzy4luv(m): 1:30am On Dec 15, 2013
Federal polytechnic,ede pulls out of Asup strike.
http://electrorichy..com
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by tsleazy(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2013
testing grin undecided
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by tosnat: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
yungryce:

infact, u need to reconstruct evrything u wrote. When i read such write-ups, i really find it hard to fault the industrial struggles of ASUU & ASUP

Correct...

In engineering, schools lack the machines needed.in the Biz faculties, the teachers are after ladies in mini skirt... Na wa
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by OPEYEMIAD(m): 11:11am On Dec 16, 2013
felastika:

Are you sure
yes am sure
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by felastika(m): 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
OPEYEMI AD: yes am sure

Don't worry,we'll setup a committee to look into ASUP's probs after ASUU strike

#teamturnbyturn
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by OPEYEMIAD(m): 4:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
ASUP Strike: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand – Wike
Re: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand by OPEYEMIAD(m): 4:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
ASUP Strike: FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand – Wike

Mr. Wike appealed to polytechnic governing councils to intervene in the ASUP strike. The Supervising Minister for Education, Nyesom Wike, said the Federal Government would pay the N20.8 billion arrears owed polytechnic staff as soon as the procedure for payment was concluded.

Mr. Wike stated this at a meeting with the Committee of Pro-Chancellors of Federal Polytechnics in Abuja on Tuesday. He said the Federal Government had met over 80 per cent of the demands of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP).
According to him, the only thing left to be done is the release of the white-paper on the implementation of their demands.

ASUP embarked on strike on October 4 after expressing its disappointment at the Federal Government’s `cold attitude’ to polytechnic education in Nigeria.
He said that contrary to insinuations by the union, the present administration held the polytechnic staff in high esteem. Hence, the setting up of the Needs Assessment to determine the level of decay in schools and how much would be needed by the Federal Government to revive the institutions, he said.
The minister called on the Committee of Pro-Chancellors of Federal Polytechnics to mediate in the impasse between the Federal Government and ASUP to ensure that Nigerian students return to schools.

He, however, urged the committee to work toward ensuring that the institutions return to their original mandate of producing skilled medium level manpower to drive the economy.
Earlier, Ebenezer Babatope, Chairman of the committee of pro-chancellors, called on the minister to facilitate the resolution of the strike by the ASUP.
He also called on the ministry to work toward the release of the white paper of the Visitation Panels to Federal Polytechnics and pay arrears owed to polytechnic staff.
The meeting was attended by officials of the National Board for Technical Education and chairmen of 14 governing councils of polytechnics.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2015/2016 / Can HND Holders Apply For Masters Degree Abroad Without Pgd / Photos Of 15-year-old Best Player At CAF U16 African School Cup Sparks Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.