Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,015 members, 7,953,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

Prerequisites Of A Good Make Up. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Prerequisites Of A Good Make Up. (3038 Views)

Look Good,make Money,have Fun / Good Make Up Schools In Warri,delta State And Price for two Weeks training. / Spotting A Good Make Up Artist Is Easy (check Out Her Brows) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prerequisites Of A Good Make Up. by blessedgabby: 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
My hubby wants me to start applying make up. Ladies what do I need to have a good make up? Never done one. How do I go about it? As in what comes after wat?
Re: Prerequisites Of A Good Make Up. by Chicolee(f): 12:25am On Nov 05, 2013
Google is your friend
Re: Prerequisites Of A Good Make Up. by safe06: 9:18am On Nov 05, 2013
blessedgaby, before applying makeup,you should know makeup should enhance your looks and not otherwise,cause if applied wrongly,you would look so terrible.
Get your foundation,powder*,eyebrow pencil*,eye-liner/khajal,eye-shadow*,lip stick,lip gloss*, blush.
Foundation application depends if u have dark-spots that are obvious and needs covering,though it's major purpose is to set the powder to stay long. Instead of using concealer for the spots only,you could use maximum coverage foundation,which will cover the flaws and set the powder.
The powder is necessary to brighten your face,you could use ponds oil control powder if you ain't a fan of brown powders,ponds have shades that are in between white and brown colours.but if you must use brown powders, go to a good cosmetic store so they can test the shades on you and get your perfect match.
Eyebrow pencil is next,you will need it if you have already carved/waxed your brows,if you haven't, go to a professional makeup artist to help you,make sure they don't scrape out ur brows oo,tell them to just make it neat,so that you could stay without eye-pencil. If you can't get the popular brands,you can get Davis 018,its cheap and good..
Eye-liner,is for your under eye,get a good khajal,so that ur face won't get messed up when you sweat.
Mascara is also needed to thicken and elongate your eye lash.
Eye-shadows are of different shade, you can choose a palette that has different colors ,so you apply lightly the color of your choice or the color that suits your outfit.
Lipstick is not a must, as there are lipglosses that comes in different colours too,u could get the colors you want and apply lightly too.
Note: red and black eyebrow pencil is a NO NO. Use brown.
Your lip liner must match with your lip stick. If your eyeshadow must be loud, your lipstick should be close to natural.
I hope I helped a little.

9 Likes

Re: Prerequisites Of A Good Make Up. by Uglyduckling: 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
safe06: blessedgaby, before applying makeup,you should know makeup should enhance your looks and not otherwise,cause if applied wrongly,you would look so terrible.
Get your foundation,powder*,eyebrow pencil*,eye-liner/khajal,eye-shadow*,lip stick,lip gloss*, blush.
Foundation application depends if u have dark-spots that are obvious and needs covering,though it's major purpose is to set the powder to stay long. Instead of using concealer for the spots only,you could use maximum coverage foundation,which will cover the flaws and set the powder.
The powder is necessary to brighten your face,you could use ponds oil control powder if you ain't a fan of brown powders,ponds have shades that are in between white and brown colours.but if you must use brown powders, go to a good cosmetic store so they can test the shades on you and get your perfect match.
Eyebrow pencil is next,you will need it if you have already carved/waxed your brows,if you haven't, go to a professional makeup artist to help you,make sure they don't scrape out ur brows oo,tell them to just make it neat,so that you could stay without eye-pencil. If you can't get the popular brands,you can get Davis 018,its cheap and good..
Eye-liner,is for your under eye,get a good khajal,so that ur face won't get messed up when you sweat.
Mascara is also needed to thicken and elongate your eye lash.
Eye-shadows are of different shade, you can choose a palette that has different colors ,so you apply lightly the color of your choice or the color that suits your outfit.
Lipstick is not a must, as there are lipglosses that comes in different colours too,u could get the colors you want and apply lightly too.
Note: red and black eyebrow pencil is a NO NO. Use brown.
Your lip liner must match with your lip stick. If your eyeshadow must be loud, your lipstick should be close to natural.
I hope I helped a little.
thank you!!! You have stayed true to the aims of nairaland, which is helping out fellow nairalanders. I'm sure you have given her a good foundation(pun intended) to begin with. God bless!!
Re: Prerequisites Of A Good Make Up. by safe06: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
u are welcome pwetty duckling
Re: Prerequisites Of A Good Make Up. by blessedgabby: 11:59am On Nov 08, 2013
@safe06 you r a darling. Thanks a million times. Practice begins.
Re: Prerequisites Of A Good Make Up. by safe06: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
uw dearie...
Re: Prerequisites Of A Good Make Up. by homesodear: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
Natural Beauty is much more than skin deep…. In-fact its real deep. Sonya color collection is the one of the only aloe Vera based cosmetic lines that delivers skin care and makeup in one. Sonya® is the essence of more than just beauty: it is an expression of rejuvenation, admiration, and love. Our collection’s formulation of ingredients including aloe Vera, fruit extracts, white tea and superior moisturizers give back to your skin. They help to rejuvenate and moisturize your skin like never before.

Why Sonya color collection is loved all places?
• Anti aging nutrients for the skin. These cosmetics are infused with aloe Vera gel extracts, vitamins from seaweed which moisturizes, soften and nourish your skin all day long.
• Goes on easily. This creamy foundation and micronized powder goes on smoothly and blends with each other, thereby making it economic to use.
• Makes your face super soft. The textures of this makeup makes your face soft smooth and velvety.
• Stays on all day. Because this make up blends so well, it stays all day.
• Covers all the bases. You don’t need to look elsewhere to complete your look. The Sonya color collection has it all, concealer, foundation, powder blush, eye shadow, eye liner, lip liner, mascara, lipstick, lip-gloss and even makeup remover.
• Suitable for all skin types. Oily dry combination, young and oil.
• Doesn’t irritate sensitive skin. Sonya makeup contains chamomile to calm easily irritated skin and reduces redness
• Keeps your skin young. Aloe Vera in Sonya cosmetics stimulates collagen production to promote and preserve young looking skin
• Cruelty free. Helpless rabbits, mice monkeys and dogs didn’t have to suffer for you and I to look good.

Kindly call or whatsapp 08034917464 or 08083767721 to know more on what natural products to use and how to use them. The skin care line is made with NATURAL and NON SYNTHETIC ingredients. Miracles don't happen on the skin, but knowledge, persistence and patient will work miracles.

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Give Your Shoes A Makeover / (photo) Guys Would You Call This Makeup Or Fraud? / How I Became The Winner Of The Most Photogenic Queen...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.