Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Vibrating Car Engine: Causes - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Vibrating Car Engine: Causes (619 Views)

My Car Is Vibrating In Motion / Vibrating Feed Pellet Sieve - Complete Feed Pellet Machines Manufacturer / Vibrating Steering While Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by stolenstone: 6:44am On Nov 05, 2013
Good people of NL, how ya doing?? Pls I need expert or experienced advice frm you, I drive a 2003 Honda Accord-4cylinder. I noticed that the car engine vibrates alot at rest, or when the tachometer is a little above Zero but not One, or even in traffic jam when the engine aint doing much, its so worrisome that in such situation i have to switch the transmission to Neutral for it to remain calm, Most times when the AC is on and the tachometer is at a reading less than One, it vibrates vehemently. They've tried setting the car engine cos they said it might be low but it gave a temporary relief and then came back, I've been to several auto mechanics who have said so many things like the engine is weak, some said the engine seatings may be bad, some said i should give them the car so that they will loose the steering, engine and what have you to detect the problem, now that got me worried because it was gonna be an invasive approach to a seemingly small issue. Pls I need your input as to what could be the cause of the vibration and how to go about fixing it, the cost of such repairs and other useful maintenance tips for me and other auto users. Thanks folks
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by RoyalRoy(m): 7:10am On Nov 05, 2013
Repost your topic at the Car Talk Section .

You will get better answers from there.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by DECOtech(m): 7:26am On Nov 05, 2013
My dear, check ur engine sittings. One or two might be broken. Don't let those clueless mechs destroy ur ride.

1 Like

Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by thegame(m): 7:55am On Nov 05, 2013
DECOtech: My dear, check ur engine sittings. One or two might be broken. Don't let those clueless mechs destroy ur ride.
Exactly what I wanted to say. Check the engine seats boss. That's basically what makes car shake so much when idle. Toyota have 4-north,south,east,west surrounding the engine. I'm guessing it shd be the same for hondas.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by stefanu(m): 7:56am On Nov 05, 2013
Just Like @Decotech advised, your engine seat is the culprit.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by AMADU77: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2013
I hv d same car, it haoppen before, its engine seatings

Also u may chack ur engine idle speed "rpm", ur idle should be at least 1000 rpm. Sm ppl will bring d idle rpm down to 500 thinking they may save fuel, its wrong, confirm ur idle speed

Check all poulies, maybe the AC pulley or alternator or belt adjuster pulley is shaking , just take a look

Make sure all plugs n their coils r ok

(1) (Reply)

A Registered Rang Rover Supercharged For Sale,2007 Model / Fresh Tin Can Cleared 2006 Toyota Sienna / -- Toks 2004 Honda Accord Ex -- Full Option -- 1.3m Only --

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.