Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / . (1517 Views)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Consult / I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by bassdow: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: . by onixray: 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
unavailable
Re: . by owang: 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
I can give some advice to you as per how to got about it. Just let me have ur email address.
Re: . by MeAndYou(m): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hi friend!

Pls, find something meaningful to do with your had earned money. Nigeria poultry market is not yet ripe for the small players.
Imagine investing such amount for about 3 or more months, and instead of making gain, no matter how small; you will be struggling to recoup your capital. It always attract tears and sorrow. Carefully study physical demand and supply b4 venturing into that biz.

Thanks
Re: . by hotmas911(m): 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
We have thousands of acres
of good fertile land for sale,
lease or rent in Ogbomoso,
Oyo state. Selling from
N50,000 per acre and u can
rent at 5k per year. Our lands
are suitable for most crops.
Good roads, peaceful and
friendly people. 08060318769
Re: . by knowledge4(m): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2014
bassdow: Good day Nairalanders
I have interest in starting a poultry farm before I graduate from school and like I have always heard, always start small and grow big. I plan starting with a startup capital of between 200k to 250k. Please any advice on how to go about it as one of my biggest chalenge now is SPACE ( i mean land or poultry house). I stay around Ejigbo part of Lagos and can't start a backyard poultry because it's a rented apartment and my landlord won't be ok with it due to it's nature. I am really open to suggestions and advice.
Also what part of lagos can I get a land for about 150k and less since I can't locate it far away from my constant reach or is it ok for me to rent a space (though i have been told of it's negative impacts). Will be glad to hear from you all
Thanks as I awaits your infos

You can rent space in an existing farm and start from there.
With your N250k, start with broilers cos you will make faster & better returns than using N250k to set up a layers chicken business.
Starting with broilers,you must understand their feeding systems,the market to sell to and the season to rear them not to make a loss.
For broilers you have to go the extra mile to locate the market unlike the layers for eggs.
That is my advice for now.For more on broilers and layers,visit the signature
Re: . by knowledge4(m): 11:57am On Jul 01, 2014
Me-n-You:
Hi friend!

Pls, find something meaningful to do with your had earned money. Nigeria poultry market is not yet ripe for the small players.
Imagine investing such amount for about 3 or more months, and instead of making gain, no matter how small; you will be struggling to recoup your capital. It always attract tears and sorrow. Carefully study physical demand and supply b4 venturing into that biz.

Thanks

I disagree with you.
There are many small players in the business
I can show you how to rear 100 broilers starting with N100K and sell them at 7 weeks old at N900.00 each and make a reasonable profit.
Doing that 7 times in a year,you are better off than some salary earners who leave home by 5 am,return by 11 pm with nothing to show for all that stress.
Re: . by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
if you raise 100 broilers with 100k and sell at 900 naira each, what will be your gain?
Re: . by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
PURITYMYPRIDE: if you raise 100 broilers with 100k and sell at 900 naira each, what will be your gain?
the cost of raising 100 broilers to 7weeks is roughly 50K. Maybe he/she did his/her calculation with the poultry cage and equipment inclusive; which are fixed assets.

(1) (Reply)

Believe In Yourself (you’ll Be Successful Someday) / Farm Attachments And Equipments For Sale / Congratulations To All Apple Prospective Farmers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.