Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Is This End Of Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records? - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Is This End Of Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records? (860 Views)

Mavin Records D Prince Shoots Take Banana Video / Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. / Don Jazzy Launches New Record Label, Mavin Records Featuring Tiwa Savage, Wande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This End Of Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records? by AUTOCRATIC(m): 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
Things may have finally fallen apart in Mavin Records founded by Don Jazzy after his acrimonious separation from his former partner, D’banj and the death of their Mo’Hits Records. Months back, news emerged that one of Mavin’s cash cows, Wande Coal, had decided to go it alone. Now, Wande Coal and his former boss have ignominiously blown open their simmering quarrel.

By Tayo Williams
At a time when football-loving Nigerians were glued to their television sets watching the semi final clash between Nigeria’s Golden Eagles and Sweden’s youngsters, social networking site, twitter, went agog. Acclaimed producer, Don Jazzy, in a fit of fury, had called out one of his most outstanding protégées, Wande Coal over his single, Baby Face, released today. Don Jazzy got avid and discerning followers shifting on the edge of their seats when he tweeted,  “How long will i continue 2 sweat and some people will choose to steal from me. I am nice and easy going doesn’t’ mean u should disrespect me.”
He followed this up with the release of the link to the demo of Baby Face, which he claimed to have made about a year ago.
And the rotund singer responded without inhibitions, mentioning his former label, Mavin Records, boss, “It is with sad heart (that) I make this response…steal from you? I served for 10 years, why are you not happy with my progress? He didn’t stop there: “Is it bad that I kept quiet and move (d) on with my life adding the hashtag, #kilaju, literally meaning, any problems with that? He also disproved of Don Jazzy calling him out on twitter saying, “You have my phone number, email address and my DM to communicate with me but you choose twitter attention syndrome…After all these years of been (sic) loyal to you, i can never believe you will ever say this to me, trying to bring me down on twitter.” Then, he quipped, “You are not God, you can’t stop me.”
Responding, Don Jazzy said, “I’m glad you know that there is a God. If i want to stop you, why would i do The Kick with you introducing Black Diamond…If I want to stop you why would i allow you release Rotate without my company credit. Why would i allow you perform around the world”
In response to the onslaught by twitter users ostensibly asking why he didn’t seek an amicable settlement, Don Jazzy replied, “I honestly expected y’all (Twitter users) to come at me with me being childish. But enough is enough.

Read more here- http://epochng.com/is-this-end-of-don-jazzys-mavin-records/
Re: Is This End Of Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records? by Stunner1(f): 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
i honestly think Donjazzy own's d song
Re: Is This End Of Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records? by AUTOCRATIC(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2013
Mmmmm
#1-stunner:
i honestly think Donjazzy own's d song

(1) (Reply)

See What Dbanj Did On Stage!!! / DKB & Zainab Disqualified From Big Brother Stargame / A Couple Nabbed For Kidnapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.