Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,326 members, 7,954,317 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

The Darker Side Of Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Darker Side Of Bible (809 Views)

Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another / My Book Of Bible Stories. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Darker Side Of Bible by gratieao: 8:18am On Nov 06, 2013
-Anyone who goes uncircumcised is to be exiled from his people (Genesis 17:14).
-If a man has sex with a menstruating women, both are to be exiled (Leviticus 20:18).
-A man who marries a mother and daughter must burn in a fire (Leviticus 20:14).
-If two men have sexual relations, both must be put to death (Leviticus 20:13).
-If a mother and son have sexual relations, both must be put to death (Leviticus 20:11).
-If a man and daughter-in-law have sex, both must be put to death (Leviticus 20:12).
-If a man has sex with an animal, both must be put to death (Leviticus 20:15).
-If a woman has sex with an animal, both must be put to death (Leviticus 20:16).
-Anyone who attacks his mother or father must be put to death (Exodus 21:15).
-Anyone who curses his mother or father must be put to death (Leviticus 20:9).
-Anyone who commits murder must be put to death (Leviticus 24:17).
-Anyone who commits adultery must be put to death (Deuteronomy 22:22).
-Anyone who commits perjury must be put to death (Deuteronomy 19:18-19).
-Anyone who commits kidnapping must be put to death (Exodus 21:16).
-Anyone who disobeys a judge or priest must be put to death (Deuteronomy 17:12).
-Anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death (Exodus 35:2).
-Anyone who does not worship God must be put to death (2 Chronicles 15:13).
-Any strangers approaching a sanctuary must be put to death (Numbers 17:7).
-Any prophet who tries to turn you against God must be put to death (Deuteronomy 13:5).
-Any prophet who makes a wrong prediction must be put to death (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).
-Family members who tempt you with other gods must be put to death (Deuteronomy 13:1-5).
-If an ox gores someone, the ox and its owner must be stoned to death (Exodus 21:29).
-Anyone who claims to talk with spirits must be stoned to death (Leviticus 20:27).
-A stubborn and rebellious son must be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 21:18-21).
-Any woman who has had premarital sex must be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 22:21).
-Anyone who worships another god must be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 17:2-7).
-Anyone who curses or blasphemes must be stoned to death (Leviticus 24:14-16).
-Break the neck of your donkey’s firstborn or kill a lamb instead (Exodus 34:20).
-If a city worships other gods, kill everyone in it and burn it (Deuteronomy 13:12-16).
-God will kill men, have their children smashed, and have their wives raped (Isaiah 13:15-16).
-God will punish children for the iniquities of their fathers and distant ancestors (Isaiah 14:21).
-God will lay waste to entire cities and make the lands desolate (Jeremiah 4:7).
-God will set people, animals, and even plants on fire because of his anger (Jeremiah 7:20).
-God will send so much evil that people would rather be dead than suffer (Jeremiah 8:3).
-God will give away the property of men, including their wives, to other men (Jeremiah 8:10).
-God will kill young men, and their children will die from a famine (Jeremiah 11:22).
-God will cause everyone to become drunk so father and son will kill one another (Jeremiah 13:14).
-God will not hear the cries of the people or acknowledge their sacrifices (Jeremiah 14:12).
-God will make people hungry enough to eat their own children and friends (Jeremiah 19:9).
-God will burn entire cities with the inhabitants still inside (Jeremiah 50:32).
-God will break people’s bones and knock their teeth out with stones (Lamentations 3:1-16).
-God will force fathers and sons to eat each other and scatter their remembrance (Ezekiel 5:10).
-God will be comforted by killing everyone with pestilence, plagues, and swords (Ezekiel 5:12-13).
-God will lay dead bodies around idols and spread their bones around the alters (Ezekiel 6:5).
-God will kill righteous men and forget their good deeds if they ever turn to sin (Ezekiel 18:24).
-God will turn daughters into whores and wives into adulterers (Hosea 4:13).
-God will kill children when they come out of their mothers’ wombs (Hosea 10:14).
-God will tear people apart and devour them like a lion (Hosea 13:cool.
-God will kill children and unborn fetuses because their parents worship other gods (Hosea 13:16).
-God will sell the children of Israel into slavery in a far away land (Joel 3:cool.
-God will kill inhabitants of entire cities if they have a corrupt government (Micah 3:9-12).
-God will consume every living thing from the face of the earth (Zephaniah 1:2-3).
-God will send people to steal Jerusalem, rape the women, and enslave the rest (Zechariah 14:2).
-God will send plagues on people and animals to rot away tongues and eyes (Zechariah 14:12-15).
Re: The Darker Side Of Bible by sweetrace(f): 9:21am On Nov 06, 2013
@op, what exactly is your point? Harsh as those rules might seem, they were to protect the people from themselves. Now that we are living in the dispensation of Grace, people do the most vile things without any fear of any repercussions. Corrupt governments abound, with the governed wringing their hands and lamenting "end time things". Girls and boys are raped by people they trust. Husbands change their wives for newer models, and wives have caught on to this too. Sleeping with animals is seen as the height of fun for some, while they unleash new diseases on the unsuspecting human race. Children kidnap their parents. Murder is not as shocking as it used to be. The list is endless. Personally, I love the entire bible, and the God of said bible. And I thank God for His grace that allows you to freely disparage what you don't understand.

2 Likes

Re: The Darker Side Of Bible by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 06, 2013
^^^
Will be back to dissect the nonsense in this post.

Watch this space. cool

1 Like

Re: The Darker Side Of Bible by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2013
na wa o...our own merciful God said all these things? shocked
Re: The Darker Side Of Bible by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 06, 2013
put to death = old ways killed.
stoned to death = rebuked sharply so as to kill the old ways

basically biblically way of saying REFORMED
Re: The Darker Side Of Bible by gratieao: 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
sweetrace: @op, what exactly is your point? Harsh as those rules might seem, they were to protect the people from themselves. Now that we are living in the dispensation of Grace, people do the most vile things without any fear of any repercussions. Corrupt governments abound, with the governed wringing their hands and lamenting "end time things". Girls and boys are raped by people they trust. Husbands change their wives for newer models, and wives have caught on to this too. Sleeping with animals is seen as the height of fun for some, while they unleash new diseases on the unsuspecting human race. Children kidnap their parents. Murder is not as shocking as it used to be. The list is endless. Personally, I love the entire bible, and the God of said bible. And I thank God for His grace that allows you to freely disparage what you don't understand.
I wasn't the 1 who wrote them i just highlighted the bible passage
BTW I'm a christian and believe that God has a purpose for all his actions and words
Re: The Darker Side Of Bible by sweetrace(f): 8:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
gratieao:
I wasn't the 1 who wrote them i just highlighted the bible passage
BTW I'm a christian and believe that God has a purpose for all his actions and words
I'm glad you're a christian. I do find your title disparaging though. Plus, some of your quotes are misleading. Probably because they are not complete. Like the disvirgined girl being killed? It had to do with her chastity and deceit.

(1) (Reply)

Christains Are Now Trained On How To Speak In Tongue / Changes In Generation Teachings, Is Strong Proof Dat WT'S Light Is Geting Dimmer / Pray For Isreal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.