Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

10 Things You Don't Know About The Fifa U17 World Cup Tournament. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Things You Don't Know About The Fifa U17 World Cup Tournament. (2376 Views)

Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Don't Know About The Fifa U17 World Cup Tournament. by shakaz(m): 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
DO YOU KNOW! DO YOU KNOW!! DO YOU KNOW!!!.

1. Nigeria lifted the first ever Fifa U17 world cup tournament which was hosted by china in 1985.

2. All the previous fifa U17 world cup won by Nigeria were all lifted in ASIA soil - CHINA 1985, JAPAN 1993, and KOREA 2007. Now UAE ??

3. Nigeria has hosted the Fifa U17 once in 2009 (remember sound and power going off on 2 or 3 occasions #naija I hail) only to be defeated by the swiss on thier debut, while on verge of carrying the trophy back 2 back.

4. While Angentina has lifted nothing less than six (6) fifa U20 world cup, they have never been to the finals of Fifa U17 world cup.

5. Nigeria has never lost in the semi finals of the fifa U17 world cup

6. Nigeria has played 18 games againt European team won 11, drew 5, and lost just 2.

7. Nigeria is the most successful nation in
the tournament's history, with three titles
and three runner ups. Brazil is the second
most successful with three titles and 2
runner ups. Ghana and Mexico have won
the tournament twice.

8. Toni Kroos - Germany ( bayern munich ), Anderson - Brazil ( Man United ), Cesc Fabregas - Spain ( Barcelona ), Sergio - Spain ( Former Barcelona player ) and Florent sinama gongolle - france ( former Liverpool player) were all past Best players in the U17 fifa world cup tournament. I'm hoping Kelechi Iheanacho joins the list.

9. Contrary to the popular belief on most of the match thread or NL that if mexico defeats Nigeria they would be the first team to have lifted the trophy back to back. I will like to set the record straight that Brazil is the first team to lift the Fifa U17 worldcup back to back when they lifted they trophy in 1997-Egypt and 1999-New zealand.

10. Do you know Nigeria will win mexico on Friday ? source Vanguard newspaper ( GUS followers would understand this better)

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Don't Know About The Fifa U17 World Cup Tournament. by shakaz(m): 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
favour212: The First 500 persons to open and confirm this link http://www.micropage.opera.com/glo/sdbu388pg7 shall be promoted to become one of the admins of this page. Hurry!!![color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
take this elsewhere.
Re: 10 Things You Don't Know About The Fifa U17 World Cup Tournament. by shakaz(m): 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mods front Page Please. lets keep the season alive and kicking.
Re: 10 Things You Don't Know About The Fifa U17 World Cup Tournament. by Godwinsilas(m): 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nigeria is going to win becouse it is hosted in Asia.
Re: 10 Things You Don't Know About The Fifa U17 World Cup Tournament. by lexyman(m): 8:45am On Nov 07, 2013
Nigeria will win the World Cup again to be the most successful country in the World Cup .
Re: 10 Things You Don't Know About The Fifa U17 World Cup Tournament. by shakaz(m): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2013
lexyman: Nigeria will win the World Cup again to be the most successful country in the World Cup .
I know we would mexico defence is more porous than the swedes.
Re: 10 Things You Don't Know About The Fifa U17 World Cup Tournament. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
shakaz:
DO YOU KNOW! DO YOU KNOW!! DO YOU KNOW!!!.

1. Nigeria lifted the first ever Fifa U17 world cup tournament which was hosted by china in 1985.

2. All the previous fifa U17 world cup won by Nigeria were all lifted in ASIA soil - CHINA 1985, JAPAN 1993, and KOREA 2007. Now UAE ??

3. Nigeria has hosted the Fifa U17 once in 2009 (remember sound and power going off on 2 or 3 occasions #naija I hail) only to be defeated by the swiss on thier debut, while on verge of carrying the trophy back 2 back.

4. While Angentina has lifted nothing less than six (6) fifa U20 world cup, they have never been to the finals of Fifa U17 world cup.

5. Nigeria has never lost in the semi finals of the fifa U17 world cup

6. Nigeria has played 18 games againt European team won 11, drew 5, and lost just 2.

7. Nigeria is the most successful nation in
the tournament's history, with three titles
and three runner ups. Brazil is the second
most successful with three titles and 2
runner ups. Ghana and Mexico have won
the tournament twice.

8. Toni Kroos - Germany ( bayern munich ), Anderson - Brazil ( Man United ), Cesc Fabregas - Spain ( Barcelona ), Sergio - Spain ( Former Barcelona player ) and Florent sinama gongolle - france ( former Liverpool player) were all past Best players in the U17 fifa world cup tournament. I'm hoping Kelechi Iheanacho joins the list.

9. Contrary to the popular belief on most of the match thread or NL that if mexico defeats Nigeria they would be the first team to have lifted the trophy back to back. I will like to set the record straight that Brazil is the first team to lift the Fifa U17 worldcup back to back when they lifted they trophy in 1997-Egypt and 1999-New zealand.

10. Do you know Nigeria will win mexico on Friday ? source Vanguard newspaper ( GUS followers would understand this better)
Am d guy who wanna swap my gionee splus... Dis nairaland mods i no no wetin i do dem oh, dem jus dey ban me, hide ma posts join.. Abeg see ma nomba here 08062931017 if ur still interested
Re: 10 Things You Don't Know About The Fifa U17 World Cup Tournament. by funlord(m): 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
Lwkmd!

(1) (Reply)

Wwe Chants! Or Personal Slogan Of Superstars / Video: Fernando Torres Vs Luis Suarez Who Is More Better At Liverpool ? / Funding Get Easier On Lionsbet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.