Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Your Vision Of Humanity In 2000 Years Time - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Your Vision Of Humanity In 2000 Years Time (1036 Views)

The Black Race Is A Disgrace And Curse To Humanity.. / Depressing Photos That Will Destroy Your Faith In Humanity / IFA & Humanity, Explained By Tony Smith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Vision Of Humanity In 2000 Years Time by huxley(m): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2008
Humans as a distinct species (Homo sapiens) have existed for no more than two hundred thousand years. Yet it is only in the last few hundreds of years that we have come to understand our place in the cosmic scheme of things;

We have development sophisticated technologies
We have a better understanding of the origin of the diversity of life
We have a better understand of the forces of nature
Superstitions are being tamed
Studies in human and animal behaviour are yielding beneficial result

The globe is truly coalescing into a small village due to the tremendous advances in knowledge we have achieved. In the light of what we have achieved in such a relatively short time since the dawn of modern science and technologies, what is your vision for the world in 2000 years from now?

These are my predictions for the world in 2000 years time:

1) I see a world dominated by scientific rationalism. Most of the pernicious superstitions and religions would have died a natural death with the inevitable match of understanding about the nature of reality.

2) I see the easing of all or most human tensions in areas of nationality, race, ethnicity, etc. There would be great homogeneity in the global village like things like a global language, one currency, one economic system, etc.

3) A great deal of the diseases that afflict us would have been brought under control

4) Poverty would have been tamed.

etc, etc, etc.

Can you suggest a few?
Re: Your Vision Of Humanity In 2000 Years Time by redsun(m): 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2008
I see what may still be referred to as humans then in bionic forms,programmed motions and flying machines in a kind of virtual world.
Re: Your Vision Of Humanity In 2000 Years Time by echelon(m): 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2008
I don't give a damn about what the world will look like in 2000years time because I'm not staying that long.

Huxley you'd probably take up a career in philosophy  wink
Re: Your Vision Of Humanity In 2000 Years Time by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2008
I see myself not caring.

In the next decades I won't be here, so why should I worry about the next 2000 years. rubbish.  undecided
Re: Your Vision Of Humanity In 2000 Years Time by telim: 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
There will be shortage of land, scarcity of food, frequent disasters and new forms of diseases as a result of global warming. Huge number of literates, huge number of people reasoning logically, less number of innovators as a result of the impact social media and movies. The advance technology that will be available to them will be a modification of the existing technology.

(1) (Reply)

Animal Cruelty / First Black Man To Make A Grade Point Average Of 3.98 Out Of 4.0 Is Nigerian!!! / Another BIG Fish Caught In Andoni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.