Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Internship - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Internship (1131 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internship by Arteta99(m): 10:37am On Nov 07, 2013
Auto gurus and fellow nairalanders, please I need suggestion or assist on automobile workshops or companies where I can apply for internship in lagos. shafead@gmail.com. Will really appreciate your help
Re: Internship by Lexusgs430: 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
You made it sound so posh !!!! Internship in Nigeria to become a mechanic ? Just pop to the end of your street, Baba Jemila would take you on, if you are hardworking, in 2 years you will be celebrating your freedom !!!!
Re: Internship by sambright2012: 8:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
@op am right in ur shoe since our bsc seems invalid unless u do masters or u hv 1st class b4 u can get a gud job .i wil nt read book again abeg make una help us recommend us to a good place to learn a modernize ,civilized and upgraded mechanic. dis my email chuksbright@gmail.com
Re: Internship by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
This thread is quite quiet.

Am I the only one observing that it is quite quiet.

Hmmmmm

I think you have to decide which country's automotive technology standards you want to be certified in.

Two readily come to mind.

If its the USA, then think ASE and go to this website, it will answer most of your questions http://www.ase.com/

With the ASE, you have tons of e-learning opportunities. Don't know that much about the UK equivalent!

If its the UK, then think NVQ in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.

There is at least one or two UK trained automotive technology masters on this forum, maybe you should shoot either of them a PM to see if they could help.

For the UK qualifications, I really don't know as much as I know about the US equivalents, but I did find this website http://www.cityandguilds.com/Career-Ideas/How-To-Become-A/A/Automotive-Mechanic as well as this http://www.automotivett.org/ and I hope they help you.

Finally, you will need to spend time in a workshop to bridge the gap between theory and practice. A year or two will make a world of difference even if you have been certified!!

1 Like

Re: Internship by IdaraCHODB(m): 11:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
I'll add, follow this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1220821/becoming-seasoned-auto-mechanic-automotive and if you do get a place, please don't show off your degree, pocket it if you will, swallow it if you must, humble yourself so you will learn.

If you don't know what it means to be humble ask someone.

If you have a temper, drop it at home.

I might also hasten to add, lock up your mouth except to say yes sir but watch learn and if your boss loves questions then ask otherwise, just watch and learn and when you go home put your questions/observations down in your logbook

Join online auto repair dedicated forums and ask those questions you have, if you can't ask your bosses, you might get better answers than your boss might be willing to give you if he feels you want to learn in 1 day what he learned in 1 year

I said 1 or 2 years earlier but I can guarantee you, 5 years minimum to gain the type of insider knowledge that is a game changer in this trade

which is why some professionals on this forum are not talking on threads like this because like a forum member Trac alluded on the thread am point you to, it cost so much (in time and money and mistakes) to get to where a grandmaster is, and he will not give it away for nothing!

And what is the guarantee that when you become a grandmaster, you will be any different?

(1) (Reply)

Spark Plugs Less Effective? / Why The Size Mismatch Between Upper And Lower Radiator Hoses / How Volkswagen Got Away With Diesel Deception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.