Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Ict Village In Abuja - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ict Village In Abuja (1412 Views)

80 List Of Common Ict Abbreviations And Their Full Meaning / Way To Computer Village In Ibadan.. / ICT VPN Working Greatly Via Computer Users Unlimited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ict Village In Abuja by jek(m): 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2006
Heard some years back that the Federal Government will be establishing an ICT Village in Abuja.Anybody got information on the progress of that project?
Re: Ict Village In Abuja by Seun(m): 2:02am On Jun 13, 2006
I am against all unecessary government projects. It is the duty of the private sector to develop this country and nothing more. As such, i must oppose this so-called ICT Village unless it's a fully private venture.
Re: Ict Village In Abuja by jek(m): 2:28am On Jun 13, 2006
Seun,I agree with your opinion.But wether private or government funded,is there anything like that still in progress?
Re: Ict Village In Abuja by axk745: 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2006
This just displays the quality of govt decision making. Instead doing things improving electricity, increased funding for computer education for universities and secondary schools, promoting open source (like india and some south american countries) and reducing import duties on IT related imports. I would rather they improve the existing structures in place to develop IT *all over the country* instead of building a "village" in abuja.
Re: Ict Village In Abuja by Mazi(m): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2006
@jek,

Abuja Technology Village: Construction work is to start soon. The FCTA is still resettling indegenes displaced from the area. The project is a Public Private Participation project. The African Institute for Science and Technology to be built by the Mandela Foundation will be located there.

The first phase is to be delivered by the end of this year, i think. Not very sure about the date.
Re: Ict Village In Abuja by Chxta(m): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2006
The whole project is a fooking waste!

(1) (Reply)

Usb Modem Gprs Setup For Mtn / To Start Paying Money For Facebook? / Remove A2zlyrics Pop-up Ads (virus Removal Guide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.