Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Twitter IPO Updates - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Twitter IPO Updates (7610 Views)

Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? / When Will Dangote Flour Mills Ipo Happen? / Dangote Sugar Refinery Shares: 18 Naira At IPO, Now 56 Naira! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter IPO Updates by hisableplc(m): 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
Nigeria time is 4pm

The CEO of NYSE Euronext Inc. (NYX) told CNBC News Thursday morning that the NYSE has done everything it can to provide a smooth initial public offering (IPO) for Twitter Inc. (TWTR). Trading in the company's shares is likely to begin at 10:00 a.m. or 10:15 a.m. ET, according to Duncan Niederauer, the exchange's CEO.

Whether Twitter chose to list on the NYSE rather than with the Nasdaq OMX Group Inc. (NDAQ) because of the disastrous Nasdaq IPO of Facebook Inc. (FB) is not a question that Twitter's CEO has been willing to answer directly, saying only that the choice of the NYSE drew on the experiences of many Silicon Valley companies and industry best practices. Whatever.

Twitter is offering 70 million shares at $26 a share, above the expected range of $23 to $25. The underwriters have an option on another 10.5 million shares, and those are very likely to go today as well. A report in USA Today said that the IPO is between 10 and 30 times oversubscribed. That could stress the NYSE's capabilities.

The company is expected to raise up to $1.8 billion, less than 20% the amount Facebook raised at its IPO. That should help ease some of the stress.

In any event, we only have a few more hours to wait to see how it all turns out. We have noted that some analysts have already initiated coverage on Twitter stock and set price targets as high as the mid-$40 per share range...
Source:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-ipo-trading-likely-begin-140010713.html
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by hisableplc(m): 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
MOD Front page please
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by hisableplc(m): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
Twitter sets IPO price at $26 a share
By Julianne Pepitone @julpepitone November 6, 2013: 7:25 PM ET

Email Print
From 140 characters to $13 Billion

http://money.cnn.com/video/technology/2013/11/05/t-evolution-of-twitter.cnnmoney/

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
Twitter priced its initial public offering at $26 a share late Wednesday, a move that clears the way for the stock to start trading Thursday.
Twitter ended up pricing its IPO above the range of $23-$25 a share that the company set earlier this week -- which was already an increase from the initial $17-$20 range. The announcement came via -- what else? -- a company tweet.

The $26 IPO price values Twitter (TWTR) at $14.2 billion. The company intends to raise $1.8 billion by selling 70 million shares in the public offering.
But if you're a regular ol' investor looking to buy a piece of Twitter, don't get too excited about that IPO price.
The $26 rate is what the Twitter IPO's underwriters -- including lead banker Goldman Sachs (GS, Fortune 500) -- will use when selling shares to their clients. Those customers are mostly large institutional investors, such as mutual funds and hedge funds. Shares will be released Wednesday night to those buyers, and the underwriters have the option to buy another 10.5 million shares from Twitter.
Regular investors will get their first shot at Twitter on Thursday morning, when the company will begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker "TWTR." Twitter executives will ring the opening bell to mark the start of the trading day on the NYSE.
Although it's not clear just how high the stock will go on its first day, it's possible that shares will surge well above the offering price. So individual investors should be careful when looking to buy Twitter.
While the stock market opens at 9:30 a.m. ET, Twitter's shares likely won't start trading right away. It typically takes time -- sometimes an hour or more -- for newly listed shares to begin actively trading on the day of their public debut. But the hope is that Twitter's debut will be smoother than Facebook's was on the Nasdaq last year.
Related story: Main Street may avoid Twitter IPO. So?
How Twitter makes money: Like many of the newly public Internet companies, namely Facebook (FB, Fortune 500), Twitter's business model revolves around ads. Twitter runs ads for corporate accounts, specific tweets and topics, and the sponsored content is tucked right into users' feeds.
Search for AT&T (T, Fortune 500) on Twitter, and a "promoted tweet" from Verizon may pop up. A "who to follow" box suggests a promoted corporate account like Macy's (M, Fortune 500) in the top slot. Advertisers can also place "trends" -- like the name of an album going on sale -- in the list of topics that are popular worldwide or in a specific city.
But Twitter isn't yet profitable. The company pulled in $317 million in sales in 2012, but ended up reporting a loss of $79.4 million.
For the first nine months of 2013, Twitter's revenue came in at $422 million. But losses also increased, to $134 million.
Who's getting rich off Twitter: Twitter insiders aren't selling shares in the IPO, but the stakes they're holding onto are extremely valuable.

1 Like

Re: Twitter IPO Updates by SirTunechi(f): 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
Please do not post adverts in this section to avoid ban. Thanks!
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by israel007: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
omg it is real
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by aieo(m): 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
yawns

1 Like

Re: Twitter IPO Updates by Gombs(m): 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Booked
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by SHEAU(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
Wetin con-sign me?

3 Likes

Re: Twitter IPO Updates by drnairalov: 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
what does dis mean..i dnt understand abeg

1 Like

Re: Twitter IPO Updates by Gombs(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
Reserved angry
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by Mannastoress: 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
when will a Nigerian internet business sale ipo. do we even have a company online that massive?
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
Too long, twitter can't rise again, its already at its peak. Another bearish investment looming.
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by pmc01(m): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ok sha!

undecided

I need low fat Margarine for this bread o. Oh Lord! I need a miracle! cry
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by Gombs(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
"Please do not post adverts in this section, to avoid being banned"...but u guys are advertising for twitter....abi dem twitter don settle una? undecided
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by Gentlepapi(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
BT like seriously was it IPO cos am confuse I tot is 'I pray o' anyone care to enlighten me because am ready to learn.

1 Like

Re: Twitter IPO Updates by J0nyb0y(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
what is IPO??
dont refer me back to the post cause i didnt border to read it

2 Likes

Re: Twitter IPO Updates by nnocurruption: 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
Nobody value Nigeria what a place.
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by obeenah40(m): 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
K
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by fckyourman: 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
Where can i buy
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by Allwility: 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
Twitter shares now @ $45.10 as I type...talk about making 73% profit in a short time. Sceptics might be wary of twitter because of what happened in Facebook but any investor with financial intelligence can spot the difference.

Looking forward to the day Nairaland will make use of its potential and be listed on the NSE. grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter IPO Updates by TheLastNazgul(m): 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
Gentlepapi: BT like seriously was it IPO cos am confuse I tot is 'I pray o' anyone care to enlighten me because am ready to learn.
IPO-initial public offering. Refers to the sale of shares to the general public for the very first time. My two cents though, economics/ business isn't my strong suit.
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by hisableplc(m): 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:
Please do not post adverts in this section to avoid ban. Thanks!

Who art thou?.....grow up man aint advertising but enlightening investors. ok.
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by akintun: 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
Americans and their wayo. How can a company dat is not profitable be worth almost 30b dollars in a few hours after going public
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
thank God I still have #3000 left in my account,....straight to the NYSC to go purchase the shares.....pls how i need a good stockbroker to help me with this......thank u.
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by Coyotejack(m): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
I think twitter's share price will drop just like face book y? Cos i really don't see them generating more than what they already have ..compared to linked in..and apple...but it the NYSE any thing can happen and IPO means initial public offer and this thread is for investors and investors alike not dweebs and mussh heads..who think ipo means i pray oh . I mean who says that ...

2 Likes

Re: Twitter IPO Updates by hisableplc(m): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
drnairalov: what does dis mean..i dnt understand abeg

Well it means you can make money from the social media wallet rather than just tweeting and waisting ur mb
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by YoursGEJ(m): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
Mannastoress: when will a Nigerian internet business sale ipo. do we even have a company online that massive?

Dem hold you?
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by SirTunechi(f): 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
hisableplc:

Who art thou?.....grow up man aint advertising but enlightening investors. ok.
be careful. Thanks!
Re: Twitter IPO Updates by AbuMikey(m): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2013

Futuristic fly shiit cool

Re: Twitter IPO Updates by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
wait oo! Twitter recorded a loss of around 137 million dolls lately, brought there shares to the stock exchange market yet the market price of her share has skyrocketed from $26 to $45 within two days or so. I guess the only logical reason for such upsurge in price is due to the very high demand of twitter's share. Becoz me i no understand how the market go react to the sales of their shares in such manner.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

MMM: Another Crash Iminent As 'admin' Releases A SOS Message / Free Accurate Forex Signals / How To Earn Daily Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.