Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? (1453 Views)

Your Best Threads/topics And Best Posters (OP) For 2014 / What "OP" Stands For? / A.L.L.U. Give A Befeating Expression To The Acronym/ Dark Community ALLU. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by Zikdik(m): 6:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
I have been using it ever since I started seeing people around here do such. I know it is used to refer to the person that created a particular thread on their own thread. But, what does OP really mean?
Re: What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
Zikdik: I have been using it ever since I started seeing people around here do such. I know it is used to refer to the person that created a particular thread on their own thread. But, what does OP really mean?

Original Poster (Original Post) whichever suits the sentence.
Re: What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by sCun: 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2013
I saw one fool using the word ''operator'' here on Nairaland, he thought that was the meaning of OP. People under rate google a lot. A simple google search could have saved even rhe OP of this thread the stress.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by Zikdik(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
sCun: I saw one fool using the word ''operator'' here on Nairaland, he thought that was the meaning of OP. People under rate google a lot. A simple google search could have saved even rhe OP of this thread the stress.
Lol..Google says alot: observation post, etc. I think i'ld rather stick with the guy that said it means original poster....at least, until I get contrary views. Tnx tho'......tnx y'all
Re: What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by sCun: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
Zikdik:
Lol..Google says alot: observation post, etc. I think i'ld rather stick with the guy that said it means original poster....at least, until I get contrary views. Tnx tho'......tnx y'all
Then you don't know how to use google, you just don't go there and type in ''OP'' because there are several other abbreviations like that. You should have typed something like ''what does OP mean in forums''.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by Deiok(m): 11:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
It Means .......

Wait for it.....

NAH I AM NOT TELLING YOU, JUST FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF. gringringringrin
Re: What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by Vivly(f): 12:21am On Nov 08, 2013
Zikdik: I have been using it ever since I started seeing people around here do such. I know it is used to refer to the person that created a particular thread on their own thread. But, what does OP really mean?
OP = Oh Please!

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by Deiok(m): 10:46am On Nov 08, 2013
Vivly: OP = Oh Please!
Youre Right.
Re: What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by Zikdik(m): 10:52am On Nov 08, 2013
Your sense of humour na die.
Re: What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by psky: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2013

Actually it means On Point, at least you are. grin
Re: What Does The Acronym 'OP' Really Mean? by psky: 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
sCun: I saw one fool using the word ''operator'' here on Nairaland, he thought that was the meaning of OP. People under rate google a lot. A simple google search could have saved even rhe OP of this thread the stress.

Abi o, here you see people asking questions a Google search could have easily answered, it's like their hands are just itching to create new topics.

Save yourself the time and embarrassment and simply search for it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is How People Get Screwed; A Little Motivation / Picture Of 11-day Chinese Traffic Jam That Sets World Record / Magic! Man Sighted In Ikeja Sitting In Mid- Air (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.