Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

FIFA U17 World Cup Final. What They Have To Say - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA U17 World Cup Final. What They Have To Say (743 Views)

Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FIFA U17 World Cup Final. What They Have To Say by Dominionng(m): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2013
“There won’t be any pressure on us against Mexico, because we’ll be physically and mentally prepared for the match. But I repeat that Mexico are a dangerous and very skilful team. We’ve witnessed their resilience since losing to us 6-1, a result which did not prevent them from reaching the final,” Nigeria coach Manu Garba

“This is going to be a totally different game to that one because there’s nothing less than the world title at stake. I don’t think they’ll be going out there feeling overconfident and we won’t be feeling inferior in any way either. It’s a whole new story. It’s totally different." Mexico’s Marco Antonio Granados

“I’m sure they won’t feel great about that first result. They’ll want to put pressure on us and we’ll have to be careful. We’ll respect them, but it’s hard to go against us when we’re playing our good football.” Kelechi Iheanacho

" Obviously we started badly, so there was nowhere to go but up for us. The last games were difficult ones, but they’ve made us stronger and more together in the team and they’ve prepared us for the final." Mexico captain Ulises Rivas

"The first game that we played against Mexico is over now. It’s in the past, so we’re focusing on the next one. It will be a hard game, because it’s a final and both sides have a lot to play for. We are sure to be totally focused before we kick off." Nigeria captain Musa Muhammed

“I went to all of them, especially their forwards, and I told them: ‘you must win the final, and if you don’t then football just isn’t fair.’ Sweeden striker Valmir Berisha

“We saw them play before our semi-final, and they looked strong against Argentina. We’re hoping for a repeat performance [of the group match]. In football it’s difficult to make predictions but, God willing, we'll beat them again. Mexico can make all the changes they want, but it will be the same team we faced in the group stage.”. Nigeria sensational midfielder Abdullahi Alfa

“We’ve got a score to settle with them and we want to face them in the final and beat them. We’ll be looking for revenge for what happened. That’s one of the great things about football – it gives you the chance to get revenge. We’ll be battling to the very end.” Mexico Ivan Ochoa

"When the Nigerian team get into their fast passing rhythm in attack, a squeal comes with each pass – aye, aye, aye in a high register, like a chirping bird, until the ball is lost. Then a low ooh of disappointment, almost disapproval. I think it's a strategy their supporters adopted to motivate the boys and keep the opposition team off balance. My take? It works pretty well." Iranian Sport Journalist Boa al Reezak

“We’ve got better since that opener. We’ve become closer and we’re going to chase them all over the field; we’re going to press them with our attackers and we won’t rest. We’ll go at them for 90 minutes until we’re sure the trophy is ours.” Kelechi Iheanacho

Re: FIFA U17 World Cup Final. What They Have To Say by Gamboh55(m): 10:32am On Nov 08, 2013
Nigeria will carry d day..no doubt..2 goals from Awoniyi will work d magic
..First to comment again
..This is d day dat d lord has made...I have to celebrate dis..

(1) (Reply)

Best Strikers In The World 2013 - A List Of Top Ten Strikers / Pics: Germany Showcase World Cup To Thousands In Berlin / Football Bettor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.