Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure (1047 Views)

Armed Robbers Attack Policemen, Snatch Three AK47 Rifles (pictured) / Armed Robbers Snatch Mohammed Babangida's Wife's Car In Kaduna. / Robbers Snatch Student’s ATM Card, Steal N87,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by Etumgbe(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2013
AKURE — FACTS emerged, yesterday, that
theGhana-must-g obags snatched by robbers
in Akure, the Ondo State capital, Wednesday,
contained bank vouchers not cash.
The robbers had trailed their victim to one of
the commercial banks in Akure metropolis at
about 2pm.
This incident had resulted to robbery scare
which necessitated banks in the state capital
to hurriedly close shop.
Bank sources toldVanguardtha t the robbers
had snatched the bags supposedly containing
huge sums of money from a customer who
had gone to withdraw cash from the bank.
Confirming this findings toVanguard, Police
image maker, Wole Ogodo, said the affected
bank had informed the police that what was
snatched were processed bank vouchers not
cash.
Ogodo said: “On November 6, 2013 at about
1800hrs, Oke Oludare, the Operational
Manager of the Ecobank, reported at the
station formally that some hoodlums
numbering about three trailed their vehicle
and double crossed it at the front of the bank.
“They forcefully removed threeGhana-must -
gobags containing processed vouchers
thinking it was money and zoomed off
through NEPA roundabout.”
Ogodo said that the robbers would have
since discovered that their efforts had come
to nothing since only papers were contained
in the bags.
He assured that the robber will soon be
arrested and brought to book.
Abeg, Na How Una See Am
To Go bank, only to Cart away Tons load of
PAPERS!!! In 3 Filled Ghana Must Go Bags!
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by LouisThoru(f): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2013
Etumgbe: AKURE — FACTS emerged, yesterday, that
theGhana-must-g obags snatched by robbers
in Akure, the Ondo State capital, Wednesday,
contained bank vouchers not cash.
The robbers had trailed their victim to one of
the commercial banks in Akure metropolis at
about 2pm.
This incident had resulted to robbery scare
which necessitated banks in the state capital
to hurriedly close shop.
Bank sources toldVanguardtha t the robbers
had snatched the bags supposedly containing
huge sums of money from a customer who
had gone to withdraw cash from the bank.
Confirming this findings toVanguard, Police
image maker, Wole Ogodo, said the affected
bank had informed the police that what was
snatched were processed bank vouchers not
cash.
Ogodo said: “On November 6, 2013 at about
1800hrs, Oke Oludare, the Operational
Manager of the Ecobank, reported at the
station formally that some hoodlums
numbering about three trailed their vehicle
and double crossed it at the front of the bank.
“They forcefully removed threeGhana-must -
gobags containing processed vouchers
thinking it was money and zoomed off
through NEPA roundabout.”
Ogodo said that the robbers would have
since discovered that their efforts had come
to nothing since only papers were contained
in the bags.
He assured that the robber will soon be
arrested and brought to book.
Abeg, Na How Una See Am
To Go bank, only to Cart away Tons load of
PAPERS!!! In 3 Filled Ghana Must Go Bags!

You be arm robber?
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by mosunade(f): 9:48am On Nov 08, 2013
LouisThoru:

You be arm robber?

i wonder
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by Jakumo(m): 10:15am On Nov 08, 2013
The scene is a hidden clearing in a thick swamp-forest not far from a busy highway. Seated in an abandoned palm-wine tapper's shed are five career armed robbers, namely Chairman, Pancho, Lefty, Eze-Agwo and Machine. Amid clouds of ganja fumes, the banditos are opening a big bag siezed from a victim that had been intercepted in the parking-lot of a bank some miles away.

Chairman : Oya, Machine, do quick with this knife and tear the bag, if you no fit open am. See how as he dey shake. You never see money-bag before ?

Eze-Agwo : Oga dem no call me King of Snake for play-play o. Give me the bag. Na ordinary hand I go take open am, like how as I been dey open strong-room for bank any time when manager take key run go.

Lefty: I beg Chairman, no give Eze-Agwo the bag o. Na that him dynamite he go take scatter the bag, together with all the money when dey inside. If he go put am over-charge like how as he do for that bank last week, the bomb fit kill we all self, after all the wahala and suffer-head when we do to get the money. No give Eze-Agwo o, Chairman. I don talk my own.

Chairman : Clap for yaself, Machine, you don open the bag, but a-ah, you too dey slow this time o. Be like you don dey old too much for this our work. If no be how as you sabi to shoot pass all these foolish people, I for don retire you since. Oya, pour the money for ground, make we count am.

Machine empties the bag, and the gang is shocked speechless, at the sight of worthless bundles of certificates, with no cash present.

Chairman : Yeeeeeparipa. Wettin be all this one ? Wey the money wey we suffer go collect? No be Pancho follow us for back dey carry this bag reach here ?

Lefty: Oga e no tey at all wey we come for we office to count this money, wey Pancho stand up, say he wan go shitt. Since that time we no come see am again.

To Be Continued ...
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 08, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by Layolaw(f): 10:33am On Nov 08, 2013
good for them
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by Licensed2Kill(m): 11:22am On Nov 08, 2013
Reminds me of some absurd nollywood films. . .duh
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by yunglykmine(m): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2013
LOL!!! That operation na Empty show.
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by slightlyMad(f): 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
classic.
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
I would give a thousand dollars just to see the look on their foolish faces after opening the bags.
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by Marotzke(m): 6:59am On Nov 09, 2013
Aigbofa: I would give a thousand dollars just to see the look on their foolish faces after opening the bags.
This is a very good omen, (for the armed robbers) they now get it that crime does not pay.
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by Tolexander: 7:25am On Nov 09, 2013
emmy-richie:
grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure by lovat(m): 8:40am On Nov 09, 2013
God make my enemies as confused and stupid like this robbers.

(1) (Reply)

Bizarre: 19-year-old Boy Rapes Chicken To Death In Akure / 38 Virgins Die On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King In Accident / Twitter User Accuses Man Of Stealing His Car At The Palms Shopping Mall (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.