Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller (6178 Views)

Flying Eagles Goalkeeper Dele Alampasu’s Transfer Saga Lingers / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by donclark(m): 7:22am On Nov 09, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-byYY3eFTBx0/Un3aeSB7-EI/AAAAAAAADe4/bC0d9_wWzi8/s1600/Dele-Alampasu1+.jpg[/img]
Dele Alampasu, the 16yr old Golden Eaglet rose above his critics to deliver an immeasurable performance at the just concluded FIFA U-17 World cup where he emerged the golden glove winner for conceding just 5goals and delivering quite a number of saves particularly in the final against Mexico.

Dele initially faced enough criticism for his poor performance against Sweden were he conceded 3 cheap goals which were directly his faults. He was dubbed the weakest link in the already promising Golden Eaglet squad but went on to keep 4 clean sheets and conceded just 1goal in the remaining fixtures. He's indeed a starlet and a role model.

The Nigerian born Keeper of Togolese decent (Parents are said to be immigrants from Togo according to a reliable source) was a young lad who sells pure-water around Ogba area in Lagos. According to our source, Dele lived the life of every struggling Nigerian on the streets. He sells pure water after school for his parents and whenever he can, he joins up with some boys who play street football. His road to success began when he was playing his street soccer before he was snapped up to an academy. His performance was then rewarded as he was selected to be the first choice goalie for the Golden Eaglet.

The source also said so many of the players were from average or struggling homes who played football on the streets. He singled out another player Obasi as someone he's played with at a place called kara, a local surburb just around the Ogun river bridge. he was excited how their perseverance had breeded success.

Such an inspiring story. Whoever would think a pure water seller would become a cult hero today. We're proud of Dele and the Eaglets. All thanks to coach Manu Garba and his crew who narrowed their search to the grassroot academies, something that has been lacking for years as players were picked on merit. We hope this feat continues,

Their performance was superb that the world wondered if Africans really had such World beaters. History was made! 4 )-17 World cup trophies, a feat Brazil is yet to match or England the founders of football. Now the world celebrate promising stars like Kelechi Iheanaho, Musa Yahaya, Musa Muhammad, Dele Alampasu, and the rest. We say congrats once again to the GOLDEN Eaglets for truly standing by their name and bringing us back the GOLD medal and lest we forget, Congrats to coach Manu Garba, he was an outstanding figure aswell.

http://www..com/2013/11/dele-alampasu-nigerian-under-17-golden.html

1 Like

Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by wasak(m): 7:32am On Nov 09, 2013
God's time is the best. he might even drink sachet water again not to talk of selling it!

1 Like

Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2013
Wow! Time changes yesterday.
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 09, 2013
patient pays!
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Danhumprey: 7:58am On Nov 09, 2013
Where is that 'boy'(parading as a female) claiming to have a crush on Alampasu on Front page? Would she have said what she said if Alampasu was still a satchet-water seller? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Tolexander: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2013
The Nigerian born Keeper of
Togolese decent (Parents are
said to be immigrants from
Togo
according to a reliable
source) was a young lad who
sells pure-water around Ogba
area in Lagos. According to
our source, Dele lived the life
of every struggling Nigerian
on the streets. He sells pure
water after school for his
parents and whenever he can,
he joins up with some boys
who play street football. His
road to success began when
he was playing his street
soccer before he was
snapped up to an academy.
was wondering what alampasu means in yoruba language!

From grass to grace!
From zero to hero!
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by AbuMikey(m): 8:10am On Nov 09, 2013

Time flies embarassed
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 09, 2013
cry cry cry cry [size=20pt]SOMEBODY PLEASE GET ME MY HANDKY angry[/size] cry cry
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 09, 2013
Nigeria is gradually becoming a free and fair country. Sotey a Togolese was made first Goalie in the U-17 squad! shocked
This is incredible and also a good news.

Question is:

So this my favorite pure water seller Alampasu no go dey sell pure water for me again

I have to revenge! angry

#TeamGOM

2 Likes

Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 09, 2013
If This Dude Is 16 may my phone go up In flames...

Look At The Skin..

A good thingz Lions no longer eat humanz...

Na correct Eshon b dat one..
Only 1 slap this guy fit ruin my face..

1 Like

Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by toyhandsome(m): 8:42am On Nov 09, 2013
This is really motivational. . Hope to see more guys move grom grass to grace smiley
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by henchamb(m): 9:13am On Nov 09, 2013
Emotional. May. GOD see him through.
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 09, 2013
Cool news searching for players from d grassroot. I know a player in the team who was so gud y we play football but he was really a poor dude with no hopes of making it in d future. Congrat guys.

1 Like

Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by dridowu: 9:15am On Nov 09, 2013
Destiny can only be delay but it can never be deny
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by gunuvi(m): 9:34am On Nov 09, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: If This Dude Is 16 may my phone go up In flames...

Look At The Skin..

Your prayer has been answered as the guy is 16. You people thinks people age same way. Shior! Instead of you to appreciate the young man story, you are here with your 3310 nokia cursing yourself. I know if it has been blackberry porche that you aare using, you will never have used it to curse. Poverty stinking ming, abeg park well joor.

1 Like

Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Iceman296: 9:50am On Nov 09, 2013
Yea, That's why i Advice people Never to Give Up on thier Dreams. God Works in Mysterious Ways never Known to Man.

I really Commend Coaches For Sticking Sorely to Grace root Players, Players Hungry For Success. There are Talents in the Street Menh. Raw Football Talents.

I hope the Under 19's and 20's Coaches would Borrow a Leaf From this. I want Us to Rule World Football.
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Slasha1(f): 10:09am On Nov 09, 2013
So some of them are actually from poor families? Used to think the selection thing is more of money and connection.
If there's any lesson to learn is to Follow your dreams and aim for the best in anything you do.

1 Like

Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Atk01(f): 10:38am On Nov 09, 2013
Mods front page please!
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by alguenyaMIST: 10:50am On Nov 09, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]

Look At The Skin..

I'd only want you to know one thing. Poverty and eking out a living on the streets makes a teen look like 35. Same way some of these thieving politicians look like 40 at 70 with the soft life of comfort and opulence they have stolen over the years. I see the likes of Dele out there daily on the streets of Lagos. The day a government that has compassion on us comes into power U'd see greater wonders than these. Meanwhile celebrate these World beaters whose stories bring hope to several millions and quit baseless assumptions!

3 Likes

Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
congratz to him..

GOD'S TIME IS THE BEST
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
alguenyaMIST: [color=#006600][/color]
I'd only want you to know one thing. Poverty and eking out a living on the streets makes a teen look like 35. Same way some of these thieving politicians look like 40 at 70 with the soft life of comfort and opulence they have stolen over the years. I see the likes of Dele out there daily on the streets of Lagos. The day a government that has compassion on us comes into power U'd see greater wonders than these. Meanwhile celebrate these World beaters whose stories bring hope to several millions and quit baseless assumptions!

O yeah..

Hunger Can't make U look healthy or Big..
It can only Stunt ur growth mr Man
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
gunuvi:
Your prayer has been answered as the guy is 16. You people thinks people age same way. Shior! Instead of you to appreciate the young man story, you are here with your 3310 nokia cursing yourself. I know if it has been blackberry porche that you aare using, you will never have used it to curse. Poverty stinking ming, abeg park well joor.

Can U afford The Recharge Card That powers my 3310..

Peasant Barbarian..
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Ruq: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2013

Look At The Skin..

I think you were misfed as a child, do you know how many children of this days who don't look their age because of the picture we have of how people are supposed lo look like at a particular age. This days there are more teenagers with super rapid growth than those that have the normal Growth, according to what it used to be like.

And if you look at it from your view every country in that tournament had at least two players over 17. didn't you notice the Swedish and Argentine players with full grown beards ? which player in Nigeria did you see with that.

Oga Joko Je
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ruq:

I think you were misfed as a child, do you know how many children of this days who don't look their age because of the picture we have of how people are supposed lo look like at a particular age. This days there are more teenagers with super rapid growth than those that have the normal Growth, according to what it used to be like.

And if you look at it from your view every country in that tournament had at least two players over 17. didn't you notice the Swedish and Argentine players with full grown beards ? which player in Nigeria did you see with that.

Oga Joko Je

Av U finished.....
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by SalC: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
From grass to grace. They will continue to sour high like the EAGLE.

1 Like

Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by gunuvi(m): 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Can U afford The Recharge Card That powers my 3310..

Peasant Barbarian..
Pls use the recharge card money to but better phone. Dumb ass. Wretched man envying another man success
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
My wonderful crush!
God bless you
Re: Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
gunuvi:
Pls use the recharge card money to but better phone. Dumb ass. Wretched man envying another man success

U mistake Me for a man...&
'm hardly wretched Or Is it because 'm well fed than ur entire impoverished Lineage..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Wins Bronze At U21 Beach Volleyball Championship In Cairo / Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff / CAF CUP Enyimba Vs Zamalek June 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.