Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,769 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery (916 Views)

¤ JONATHAN KING LIMITED ¤ Canadian Visa Lottery / American Visa Lottery Opportunity For Nigerians, Live & Work In America / Urgent: Format Of The 2008 British Gas Selection Centre Day,reading Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2008
Hello my fellow nairalanders,

Please anyone with useful information on the 2008 Dv Visa Lottery? i learnt that the interview is still going on until September 30th, but my friend was one of the lucky winners, he has been notified since last year June, he filled it and submitted, and after like two months, he mailed them in KCC to confirm if they've received his letter and they replied him that it has been received and he should be waiting for the second letter, but since then, he has not seen any letter of that kind and the interview is almost coming to an end.

His case number is 2008AF21XXX. Please anyone in the house with latest and useful information on this issue should please advice accordingly as he's badly waiting for these second letter.
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2008
VISA BULLETIN
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4310.html

Take a look at that link.
the current numbers being called are shown there.
As you can see, they have not got to 21000 for nigeria
keep checking every month for a new bulletin
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by rubi(f): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2008
He should contact them again ASAP because it last for only a year and it will expeire
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2008
Thanks khai, but according to the website, they are still in 14,500 and we have only 2months to go. so if i should go with this current bulletin, then it means they might not get to 21,000? pls what is the probabilty that they will get to that case number? pls heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2008
According to the next bulletin, which is September, its written that Nigeria's cut-off will be 18,450,00. Does it mean that they won't go further than that case number? or is it just an advance notification and not concluded.
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2008
Actually the link  says 18,450 is the cut off for september. sorry, but that is the last month.
The best you can hope for is for the number to be adjusted when the september bulletin comes out. That is unlikely.
My brothers' number was 25,000+ last year. that one ended at about 20,000 for nigeria. He never got called.
So, the probability they will get to his number is quite low.

By the way, if you call them, they will most likely refer you to the numbers. (that's how I got to know about the bulletin)
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2008
Thanks a lot, i should just inform him on what is on the ground now, because he's even planning to quit his job, we both work with John Holt, but after much persuassion, he decided to stay until he gets his second letter.

Above all we thank God for everything, i know God is aware of all that's happening, n he knows best.

Once again, thanks for your info.
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by rubi(f): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2008
Let him not quit his job plaese untill he has the visa in his hand even he has the visa he should take some leave of absence and for couple of months to see what the situation is when he travel Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2008
True, he should not quit his job or make any other drastic decisions.
It is always written on the DV documents, do not quit your job, sell your properties etc,
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 10:12am On Jul 15, 2008
Thanks for your advice, i really appreciate. atleast if the visa doesn't work out, he'll still have something to fall back on.

i'm really grateful.
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2008
Hi my fellow nairalanders,
I mailed the KCC concerning the case number of my colleague only for them to reply me with the following information:-

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers below 18,450 for Nigeria for the month of September. If your case number is current, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

KCC/mam
KCCDV@state.gov
(606) 526-7500 [/b] [/b] [/i]

after opening the website given to me, i saw that they've already prepared the case numbers for September which is below 18,450,000. To the best of my knowledge, does it means thry will not go further than that case number?

Pls i need to know more pls

Thanks.
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2008
Chinyere:

after opening the website given to me, i saw that they've already prepared the case numbers for September which is below 18,450,000. To the best of my knowledge, does it means thry will not go further than that case number?

Yes, that is what it means.
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by mummyJeff: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2008
Tell your friend to contact me as soon as possible. my number is 08037877316 I will tell him what to do, my sister had the same problem. she just got her interview second letter yesterday and her interview dat is 29th of this month,

call me

my name is Goodness Nmezi
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2008
Thanks for your concern. though quite unfortunate, but i feel such a person is eligible to apply for the next lottery coming up in October? since these very one has expired.
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2008
hi goodness,
you mentioned that your sister had the same problem and she was able to get through. please if you don't mind, can you just give me a clue of her case number? e:g for instance 21,Bleep.

Thanks
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by alabees: 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2008
the results have been sending out by the united States authorities from may - july. so if you did get yours by month end, that means your application was not considered. visit www.dvlottery2020.com
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Nobody: 4:10am On Jul 18, 2008
hey i donno wots wrong o. but i won the VISA lottery 2007 and right now i am in d US. Pls if u have an problems u can contact me and i'l tel u how far but just relax ok.
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 8:39am On Jul 18, 2008
Hi alabees thanks for your concern, but does it mean that not all those that won the lottery will actually be called for interview? anyway, lets still hope on God.

Hello flingstone you asked me to contact you but how will i? you didn't drop your contact number or e-mail. please if you have a good suggestions as regards to these Dv lottery, kindly send your contact or you can reach me on my line- 08055916702.

Hope to hear rom you soon.

Thanks
Priscilla
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2008
i am in the states so there is no way i could give you a number. u can reach me via my email address, micheal.emeka@yahoo.com.
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2008
pls who has gone to the american embassy recently? regarding this 2008 visa lottery winners.
pls i want to know the new development. Are they truly going to stop with case numbers below 18,450 as stated in the bulletin?

What about people with case numbers 25,000 upward? and has it been happening before now that someone who has won an american lottery, sent a notification letter, filled it and submit accordingly and thereafter, the person is not sent a second letter for interview? please if it has happened to someone before, i'll be glad if the person can reply me and inform me about it.

Pls anyone with correct info.

Thanks
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by mahatmaG: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ Chinyere,
It is like you would be part of this trip to Us. Cause going by the rate you are asking this question ,

I just pray u (ur friend shocked) will be successful  kiss
Re: Anyone With Useful Information On The 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2008
mahatma, whatevr"
all i need is a candid info concerning my question

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Wanted (models, Musical Artist, Comedian. / Latest On First Bank Insourcing Text For Training Resumption! / How Can A Graduate In Sociology:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.