Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

My Service Year In Yorubaland. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Service Year In Yorubaland. (19208 Views)

Extra year in secondary secondary school / Nysc Service - Year,last Time To Be Irresposible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 2:20am On Nov 10, 2013
¤THE BEGGINING¤
I was with my best friends back in school, a very popular 5-man clique at that time in our class. We were watching an English premier league match between Man U and Tottenham hotspurs, just few minutes after Ashley Young has extended Man united's lead, the jublition has died down when my phone rang, it was Adaku on the line, she told me amidst a noisy background both from the viewing centre and her location of calling, she told me that the faculty officer has started giving out call-up letters, i was surprised because that was on a Saturday. We have already concluded within ourselves that the letters will be given on monday, but our considerate faculty officer has to do it during the weekend to enable those posted to far distance to make adequate preparations, now thats what i call service! I abandoned the match immediately, although my club is leading a possible 'Top Four' club 2-0 away. Honestly i have rarely seen anything that will realy make me abandon a Man united top-of-th-table match, but this information from Adaku did. Me and my cliqued friends raced home freshened up and headed to our faculty biulding. J*M*A*(who can crack the puzzle?). On reaching there, we saw a multitude already queued up waiting their call-up letters, some, expecially girls were rejoicing, these are those posted to Lagos,crossriver,Rivers,Abuja,Ogun,delta,akwaibom, and Imo(as it was rumoured that Rochas pays 20k state allowee) etc. Others were either stone-faced or clearly shedding tears, these are those posted to Zamfara,bornu,yobe,sokoto,jigawa,katsina,kebbi etc. We offered them little words of encouragement, assuring them that God will be with them(although within us we detest those states).
As the anxiety was high we joined the long queue. Adaku came and gave me a huge hug, we call that type of hug '360 degree', this is because since we defended our project we have not seen each other, not as if i am even eager to see her. The normal hailings and huggings(various degrees depending on how closed one is to the babe) by others followed. Gradually our turn reached, the first of us that went, was awarded Zamfara! He was the only person amongst us that worked his own, he wanted lagos, but now its clear that he has been ''mugued''. The rest of us got a not too atractive, but a peaceful states at least. When my call-up letter was given to me, I discovered that i was posted to EKITI state. That was where my journey to yorubaland began.
When i got home i browsed the Man U match, it ended 3-1 in favour of my beloved Red Devils. I wasn't so excited about Ekiti, i wasn't sad anyway. So i and my friends started our preparations to head to camp. Emeka was posted to zamfara, Ikemefuna to Kwara, Emma to Ogun, and the Jerry to Bayelsa.
The next day was Sunday and Adaku wanted to visit me to see before a one year marathon. Now Adaku is not my girlfriend, as many would have thought, we were close during our first year, all of a sudden she began to feel as if she is doing me a favour by agreeing to date me, she did not say it, but it was written boldly through her body language. So i distanced myself from her a little, when she realised the space i gave her she, she began to flock around me like a bee on a hive, but i dont give girls second chance, although we were still friends but it was clear to her i was no longer interested in her. But she never gave up, but i have made my decision. Meanwhile my girlfriend then Omelogo, in 300-L the same dept. is about to visit me, so adaku has to make her visit brief, before the arrival of the 'chosen one' (no be Moyes ooo). So after seeing the both women, in a mutually exclusive strategy that sunday. On monday morning i left for Ekiti state orientation camp at Ise-emure-orun.Via Onitsha. I couldnt go from home because my parents live in the north.
TO BE CONTINUED!!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by hammedkola(m): 2:36am On Nov 10, 2013
Set the ball rolling...ma roomate snoring sound couldn't lemme sleep.
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 3:44am On Nov 10, 2013
hammedkola: Set the ball rolling...ma roomate snoring sound couldn't lemme sleep.
sorry it took me time to update, but i doing a lot of recalling, and typing with a not to sophisticated fone, plus MTN network palava. Tommorow i will update well before going for to watch my match with arsenal.
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Dominionng(m): 5:06am On Nov 10, 2013
*Grabs bowl of popcorn*
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 10, 2013
Op, I don't like the word "yorubaland"
Western Nigeria will be more apt. Plus, I hope the names of your friends here are not their real names?

*nice narrative though

7 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by AnOlAd: 6:17am On Nov 10, 2013
Following....
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 6:54am On Nov 10, 2013
kaeyame: Op, I don't like the word "yorubaland"
Western Nigeria will be more apt. Plus, I hope the names of your friends here are not their real names?

*nice narrative though

i did not see my original post, where i said that i will not be using the original names for obvious reasons, only the locations will be true most times. But the story is 100% real, no fiction. I also said that as a science student back in skl, i may not be able to obey the rule of concord adequately and that my parttern of writting my not be in order., so bear with me in that regard, and correct me where there is the need, also inputs and outputs are allowed. Again i am new to nairalandonly visiting as a guest, so pls how can i edit the topic name?
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Dominionng(m): 7:07am On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Januzaj:

i did not see my original post, where i said that i will not be using the original names for obvious reasons, only the locations will be true most times. But the story is 100% real, no fiction. I also said that as a science student back in skl, i may not be able to obey the rule of concord adequately and that my parttern of writting my not be in order., so bear with me in that regard, and correct me where there is the need, also inputs and outputs are allowed. Again i am new to nairalandonly visiting as a guest, so pls how can i edit the topic name?

Click on 'modify' Papi.
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by sambroose(m): 7:21am On Nov 10, 2013
Nice write up januzaj mai man ....common let's teach those bloody Arsenals some lessons today
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2013
Up Januzaj oooooo. Lets go rock A.ssenal today.
*starts erecting a hut*
Na here I go tanda.
United forever!!!
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 8:43am On Nov 10, 2013
¤THE JOURNEY TO ISE-EMURE¤
a brief introduction of my person; I am a 25-year old Ibo boy/guy(any one you choose), hail from Neni in Aniocha LGA of anambra state. About 176cm in height, slim, not heavily biult and a little fairer than chocholate, most people including ladies say that i am a homdsome boy, but not that type that will make a lady go crazy. In terms of academics i am above average, at least i made a comfortable 2'1 in a difficult science department at one of the first generation Nigerian universities where sorting as a guy is non-existence. I am a very shy person, very outspoken and social in a siutable envioroment and company. And most importantly i do not joke with football, as i was a very popular die-hard Manchester United fan.
It was on monday 5th March 2012 i arrived onitsha around 11am, went straight to the ATM to withdarw the money my elder brother has deposited for me in my bank account to buy the items i needed for the camping and the rest of the money will be for my upkeep and miscellenous expenses while in camp. After the the bank transaction i headed to ochanja market were i bought some of the materials reqiured in the camp, unsure of where i will get any vehicle going to Ekiti, i took a bike confidently to upper iweka as if i was sure of getting one when i get there, I don't want to act confused or as if i am in a dire need of help, because i know this oniitsha guys are so dubious, they will not hesistate to rip me off of the money i just withdrew from ATM, especially if they noticed my confused state. I have heard severally my dad and my elder brother who are traders in the north-central region, they used to come to onitsha to buy goods, saying how dangerous and criminally crafty those onitsha guys could be. As i was on the bike i stylishly engaged the bikeman in general conversation, so when i was sure of his friendly disposition, i chipped in my question. ''biko onwere ebe i ma motor ado-ekiti na e load na side a?'' meaning ''please do you know anywhere ado-ekiti motor is loading this side?''. Thankfully he said he knows one at that upper-iweka, close to peace mass bus stop. He asked if i am one ofthe new corpers, i answered 'yes' he told me that he saw a lot of my fellow corpers also going to ekiti that he will take me there. When we got the place, true as he said, i saw my likes buying ticket, i went and obtained my own ticket at #2350. I met the driver who happen to be a yoruba and asked if he knew the camp ground, he assured me that he will drop we corpers at the camp gate live and direct, he even told me that he passed there that morning and that the camp is already opened, as at that monday, unlike in other camps as i learnt, where its strickly tuesday or nothing. The bus is semi-rickety from the outside, but the inside is if not so spectacular but modest, two agberos who also are yorubas based on their visible bold tribal marks that ran their jaw regions, i wonder the kind of pains they will pass through when that mark was created. They first charged money for the load of passengers depending on the size and weight of your luggaged, one girl that came with a very big echolac box was charged #600, honestly even if she is going to her husbands house for the first time, that box is too big for just a 3-week camping nah, nawa for girls oo. Out of the 18 passengers in the bus about 10 of us are corpers, the others are predominantly traders going to Ado-ekiti after buying goods at onitsha, the 'agberos' loaded the bus with a load that will make even the famous beast of burden to bite. Every where was stuffed with luggages and traders' goods, under the chair, on top of the bus, and behind the bus. Chai! "nothing realy concern agbero with overload" the load was just too much haba! Habatically! Una wan kill the bus ni?, even if the bus is to be sinking their concern is the extra money they will get from the excess load, one trader was first told to pay #6500, but after much bargaining and play-acting they settled for N3000. That load aspect was what actually killed our time, before we were asked to enter the vehicle so that we could be going it was already 5pm. Imagine! I went into the bus took my usual back seat with my bag on my laps, i dont want to argue with those ugly looking agberos, and again i dont want to further complicate their loading formular, because at a point they were beginning to lose ideas on how to accomodate all the obviously enormous load before them. The girl with the big echolac box was sitting beside me, and with all the nook and corners of the bus already laden with load, and a 4 per seat sitting arrangement, i resigned myself to a hell of a journey.

5 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 9:51am On Nov 10, 2013
In that bus was a girl in the same faculty with me but in different department, back in school. I know her only by face and not by name, she recognised me instantly and called me by my then popular nickname chicharito! (not real nickname, but the real one is the name of a Man u key player). I was very popular in our faculty then as a top student politician, that two years after my graduation my younger brother in the same faculty is currently riding on my popularity. It was then i knew her name is chinyere, we exchanged pleasantries and settle for the journey. In a record time the driver took over the steering and we were on our way. I immediately struck a conversation with the lady sitting beside me, she is fair in complexion, not too tall, she looked bright and smart, she told me she is from Nnewi, Anambra state she attended Tansian University Umunya. I also told her my details, i couldnt have remembered her name, now this because she is not beautiful, though fair, and i do not remember the names of not-beautiful ladies, except my relatives, classmates and very close neighbours. Mind you i am not a wominizer but i appreciate fine babes. But the circumstances sorrounding the name-telling made it indelible in my memory, when i asked her name she told me her name is "FRoLence". Chai!i gave up! After my chat with her she slept off, and then i brought out my Nokia C3 (which i use till this day) and started browsing about Ekiti state, i already know of Dr. Kayode Fayemi the governor, as i am an ardent follower of Nigerian politics. I got other information like how the state was created the actual location their culture and other facts i cant remember now. Then i began to look through the window to get a glimpse of some name of towns i have not passed or been hitherto. Surprisingly despite the kind of load placed on the vehicle, the bus was still moving at a fair speed. We passed through placeslike Agbor,umunede in Delta state, the only name i could remember in Edo state that we passed through was ekpoma, may be because i already know of Ambrose Alli university, and several place we passes in Edo are rural areas, then we enter Ondo state, we passed places like Owo, ifon and other places i couldnt recall now, but the last town/villages in Ondo was Emure-ile and Eporo, before we entered Emure-ekiti. Honestly the boundary road between Ondo and Ekiti in that area eporo-emureile- emure-ekiti is a death trap, and to know that its almost 10pm when we passed that road, made me gave glory to God. We arrived the camp gate about few minutes before 10pm. Alighted and went towards the Gate.
To be continued..... My battery is weeping

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
sambroose: Nice write up januzaj mai man ....common let's teach those bloody Arsenals some lessons today

my hand no dey ooo , this one no be fergie era ooo,make i no com make mouth now, Ozil and Ramsey go come destroy us. lolz!... Man u for life !!!!
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Nkpume Iko: Up Januzaj oooooo. Lets go rock A.ssenal today.
*starts erecting a hut*
Na here I go tanda.
United forever!!!

thanks my oga, abeg make una call me to other if i begin de bleep up oooo,...
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
Dominionng: *Grabs bowl of popcorn*

*obtains a rubber of zobo, sits besides you, and 'attaching' on your pop corn*
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pls guys my battery is very down, i will update around 8pm.
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by soulminister(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
*anticipitating on arsenal beating man u blue-black*

nice start on your write up unlike some people
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by linpok: 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
Following....grin
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
As we all alighted from the bus, we picked our luggages and appraoched the camp gate, i helped Florence carry her massive echolac as she helped me with my small bag. Policemen were littered all over the entrance, I wasn't surprised at that though because at that time Bokoharam was at the peak of their mass bombing menace. The policemen in a friendly disposition directed us to where the camp officials were seated, attending to people even at that late hour of the day, they inspected other people's luggages to remove unwanted items, which will be returned to them after the camping, thats if it is not a 'contraband'. My bag was barely opened,once i presented my ID card, call-up letter and certificate, i was told me to move in. I did not know exactly why my bag wasn't properly checked, may be it was because of my innocent face which made them assume that i will not be in possesion of any undesirable item. My innocent face has made it possible for me to go scot-free in a bad situation were others will surely be caught, this has been a good advantage for an unrepentant chronic exam impersonator-in-chief like me.
Even as at that time of the night the camp was sparkling with bright floodlights stationed at strategic positions. As I, chinyere and Florence were moving into a no man's land,I have tactically left florence with her 'box' burden, so she was dragging her massive box and obviously lagging behind following us, luckily for us we bumped into another very popular student politician, back then in my faculty his nickname is Authority(not real). On seeing me he shouted Chicharito! 'so na here dem karry u com? 'U don see am na', i answered in happiness of at least seeing someone i know. He hugged chinyere in our customary way, but this time around it was around 165 degrees. I am sure authority didn't know her much,but she knows him. 'Pesin wey no know authority for our faculty, na post-jamb naim de pesin come write na' Authority told us that we need to photocopy our documents ahead of the proper registration the next morning, he made it more easier for us, as he told us the exact number of copies we were to get and how to do it, because those yoruba people doing the photocopy by my evaluation has the capacity of telling us to photocopy 20 copies of each document just to make money. After the photocoying exercise chinenye and Florence headed to the female hostel section while authority took me to the room where he has already secured a cupboard for himself, there are just six big wardrobe cum cupboard for a large room of about 50 inmates, and securing of cupboard there is on a first come first serve basis. So i shared the same cupboard with him. Authority is almost the defacto room leader, the room has about 25 up and down bed, and from my evaluation its among the best male hostel around. With authority's influnce i secured my desire top of the bunk, nice space, sprayed my mosquitoe net, then went out to look around the camp envioroment, i wasnt dissapointed with the envioroment. One place that caught my attention is the mami market, i thought to myself that this place will be my main arena in this camp. After much site seeing i retired to my bed thankful to God for the days hectic activities. That nite was the last time i realy got close to florence whenever i see her we just wave and thats is all, even chinyere we didn't relate that much again in the camp.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
make i go watch match abeg
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by iamteaser: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
*following*
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
::::::::¤THE CAMP LIFE ¤::::::::
on Tuesday 6th march 2013, the day the camp opened officially, i woke up around 6:30am, went to the the mami market, to purchase the remaining things i that needed, like bucket,toothpaste, soap etc. After taking my bathe, i got ready for the registration which is starting by 7am, when i got to the registration hall, the hall was already filled with people, i began to wonder when they arrived the camp. So in my normal way i waited in the queue till it reached my turn, i was registered and given a code number, and a ticket which i will use in collecting my full camp dress and the khaki. Let me use 854, as my code number, so my EK number is EK/12A/854, so by implication I automatically belong to platoon 4 as the last digit in my number is 4. I collected my full regalia, but my white canvas is oversized so i have to change with one girl like that. I did not get jungle boot so we were promised that before the week runs out we will get our jungle boots. I went into my room and dressed immediately, in white shorts and white polo, white stockings and white canvas, turning me instantly into a "white fowl". The material that i was given at the camp is of low quality so I wore the one i came with. I mmediately joined the queue at the ID card collecting centre close to OBS, i did all that is required and obtained my ID card. I took some photographs, but that was after too much persuasion by one of the numerous photographers that graced that camp ground. Two of my phones were down so i took it Ayo a sharp looking guy who collected the phones labelled it and plugged it. To charge a phone is N50 but Ayo ussually charge my two phones for me at N50. He became not only my customer but also my friend. Meanwhile i have heard that 3 other of my classmates were also posted to ekiti, so i was just waiting to see them, they are Japhet, Dan and Ogechi. Ogechi was my very good friend in school, we use to tease and yab ourselves so much,and we ussualy get along with each other well, she have not arrive the camp yet, because i called her, she told me she will be coming the next day.
After i gave Ayo my phones, the biggle rang for those of us that are ready to converge in front of the pavillion, and arrange ourselves according to our platoons, we lined up in threes by the order of the friendly looking soldier man assigned to our platoon, he first introduced himself as sergent Gabriel, then another junior soldier also introduces himself to us as Aboy (both soldiers real names). Sergent Gabriel told us that he needs our co-operation so that we will become the best platoon at the end of the camping. He sang some gyration songs for us and some military gingering tunes. Then after that we started, our parade practice. Truth be told, there are a lot of 'otondos' in my plantoon. Familier parade commands like
'Attention by number! Squad one!
Squad two!
Forward march by number squad one! Two! Followed.
I am very good when it comes to parade, because i was a member of boys brigade back then in our church, and i was among those that usually represent my school in march pass during Childrens day and independent day celebration, and our school ussually win something then, so I was clearly among the best in the midst of my platoon members, as many were wobling my marching technique was ok, the soldiers would always say, "i get belle i no know come out now" "because if you do anyhow for this parade ground you go see anyhow" heheheheheehhehehehe.
While we were on the line doing parade a chocholate colour lady came and joined our line she immediately introduced herself as chika, read Political science from uniport and I also introduced myself to her also. We talked to ourselves at every given opportunity until the general camp RSM came and took her away to join the quarter guard as the Governor will be coming to the camp in two days time for the official opening ceremony. Within few minutes the general RSM also came and took me out and sent me to be among the flag bearers. I joined some other people selected from other platoons for the same role, we were about 21 in number. I was to be chosen as the flagbearers RSM, but due to my unusual faint voice that day, a guy named 'stone' was chosen. We practiced for a while before the biggle for salute the nation sounded, after saluting the nation Nigeria, we dismissed for the day to converge the next day for our final reharsal.
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
@soul minister arsenal did not beat us black and clue at you anticipated ...lolz
@nkpume Iko and sambroose ...up man U, up RVP! Up rooney! Up kagawa
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MightyFortress: 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
Cool story
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 11, 2013
Januzaj. Erm...erm, I couldn't read your last two update because I just couldn't.
Don't get me wrong, am still following your tale. I just have a few problem with it.

First and most importantly, you just must properly PARAGRAPH your work. It makes reading less cumbersome. Actually, I struggled through the ones i read.

Second, you often times mis PUNCTUATE your work. Reading a work that's not properly punctuated is exhaustive.

Lastly, you have to watch your TENSES. You are narrating an event that happened in the past so you should stick to past tense. I wouldn't want to go deep about aspect and all that. And please, being a science student is no excuse. Some of the best writers on this section are in fact science students. All you need do is read a handful of novels and see how it is done.

You could also follow the stories of good writers here and watch how they do what they do.

I've got you covered bro. Ama follow you till as.s-her-now wins the champions league wink grin

P.S It was a welcome win for us yesterday. United forever!!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 6:05am On Nov 11, 2013
Nkpume Iko: Januzaj. Erm...erm, I couldn't read your last two update because I just couldn't.
Don't get me wrong, am still following your tale. I just have a few problem with it.

First and most importantly, you just must properly PARAGRAPH your work. It makes reading less cumbersome. Actually, I struggled through the ones i read.

Second, you often times mis PUNCTUATE your work. Reading a work that's not properly punctuated is exhaustive.

Lastly, you have to watch your TENSES. You are narrating an event that happened in the past so you should stick to past tense. I wouldn't want to go deep about aspect and all that. And please, being a science student is no excuse. Some of the best writers on this section are in fact science students. All you need do is read a handful of novels and see how it is done.

You could also follow the stories of good writers here and watch how they do what they do.

I've got you covered bro. Ama follow you till as.s-her-now wins the champions league wink grin

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 6:07am On Nov 11, 2013
Nkpume Iko: Januzaj. Erm...erm, I couldn't read your last two update because I just couldn't.

thanks a million times, i will be me dilligent in in the next update.
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 8:51am On Nov 11, 2013
After the rehersals I went to Ayo's stand to collect my phones,
immediately he saw me, he opened his small bag and handed my two phones over to me, I wasn't visibly surprised at how he instantly recognised my face, that just confirmed the ussual phenomenon that once i had any encounter with anybody, the person would instantly recognise me on a second contact, may be I have a unique facial appearance, because thats ussually the case.
"Abeg kopa anytime wey u wan charge fone make you meet me" Ayo said.
Ok no wahala, I replied.
I opened my waist bag, brought out my wallet and gave him N50.
I walked to my hostel,
removed my white canvas, socks, and my cap, and wore a palm slipas.
My platoon soldiers had sternly warned us to always be in our all-white, or be severly punished, but I am someone that likes flaunting rules and regulation, so i just wore it like that, went to the OBS stands took one of the chairs, and headed to the pavillion to receive fresh air.
Seated at the pavillion i brought out my Nokia C3 and started facebooking, I updated things about my camp experience on the facebook.

Engrossed in my facebooking I heard someone called my name.
Brown!(not my realname),
I looked around to see who was calling my name, then i saw Chika.
Is your name not Brown? She asked smilingly and needing confirmation on my name.
Yah its Brown, i replied coming down from the pavillion to meet her,
they just dismissed from their quarter guard pratice, she was heading to mami market to get some domestic items for herself,
we hugged, she held my hands and continued her march to the mami market.
I followed her like fool, lost in thought on why the girl has been so free with me since we met at the parade ground.

As we approached mami market, holding hands like newly wedded couple.
"Where were you taken to by that soldier man from the parade ground? I asked her, as if i don't know.
I was taken to join the quarter guard group. She answered.
The question i asked her was because i dont know what to start discussing with her, so i had to come up with something to kick start a conversation, at least I am the guy and I have to be in charge.
We sparingly discussed on some other trivial issues before we reached the mami market.
She bought a bucket,food flask, a plate among several other items. As she was buying, she was paying, i never made the slightest attempt to pay for anything, and she noticed it.

From her reaction, i think she was expecting me to pay for at least some of her numerous purchases,
Hmmmm, if that is what she was expecting, then she is actually on a wrong thing. Because my clique of friends back then in school, has made a habit not to give freely to ladies, and not to spend freely on girls,
infact we find it even more comfortable
to give to our fellow guys than to a girl, the idea of turning any of us to a 'mugu' is a non-issue, because it will not happen.
So after every of her buyings and payings, she bought biscuits and a can Fanta, and paid without even asking me if i will take too,
although i wouldn't have taken, not because of forming but because i don't like junk foods.
We then headed to the tailors' stand, where she enquired about the amount for mending a khaki trouser, she was told that its done for N1000.
I have wanted to mend mine too, but that price is too ridiculous,
anyway i will have to manage mine till i reach home, i will give it to Ove, a young tailor behind my mother's shop, he will do it for me at N100. Afterall my own Khaki trouser is not that too big for me.
Chika told the tailor woman, that she will bring her own the next day, but that when she come she will reduce the price for her to N900.
"Chai! This girl no sabi price" anyway thats her business.

Chika from her name is an Ibo girl, who from my evaluation should be slightly older than me, she is not too tall, but not short in general comparism, chocholate complexion, in terms of beauty she is average, but in general she is at least presentable.
We walked back towards the hostel, discussing about nothing in particular that i can recall now. When we reached the junction where we will saperate, we exchanged phone numbers and parted ways.

Immediately I stepped into my hostel, the biggle for dinner sounded. I brought out my meal ticket, took the food flask which i bought in the morning, went and rinsed it at the tap and headed for the dinning, as camp feeding officially starts that evening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 8:58am On Nov 11, 2013
Please peeps more corrections,inputs and outputs, this my firstime of putting up anything in writting, i am ernestly banking on u guys to better my writting. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by sambroose(m): 9:32am On Nov 11, 2013
Dancing skelewu on this thread........januzaj I told u, we won ...........nice work, ure getting better
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by DEllaluv(f): 10:01am On Nov 11, 2013
Nyc 1
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2013
Currently very busy will update, around 5pm. @ sambrose thanks...united for life!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Of These Did You Read? / ****Hannah / Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.