Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Choir Robe Vs Diffrent Colour Of Clothes For Church Choir. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Choir Robe Vs Diffrent Colour Of Clothes For Church Choir. (4376 Views)

Church Choir? Today. / Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choir Robe Vs Diffrent Colour Of Clothes For Church Choir. by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 10, 2013
I've been wanting to create this topic every sunday. Thank God I finally did!

Back in the days, diffrent church choir could be identified by the colour combination of their uniform. A choir would choose maybe a white shirt on a black trouser or a pink shirt on a brown trouser or skirt, as the case may be, and would wear this same combination all year round.
Over the years, as fashion gradually found its way into the deepest part of the church, most church choirs now have an unlimited number of uniform. One of my cousins, who is a choirister in one of the very popular churches, has well over 12 berrets. Every saturday her usual appeal goes for the purchase of berrets (sometimes, very ridiculous colours). And she is so desperate to sing the next day that, if she does 'nt have the money for either the choosen colour of shirt, or skirt or berret, then that saturday 'we no go hear word for house'. Not forgetting that she has well over 5 diffrent colours of suits! All in the name of choir. Then, some sundays, she will carry an extra shirt or skirt in her handbag, which i know she wants to borrow out to another choirister who doesnt have. I usually wonder how the guys keep up with all the ridiculous colour,combinations sef. imagine pink suit (wetin i wan buy pink suit for?). I can even say 70% of her wardrobe are choir clothes.
I think its rather a being burden on the choiristers! A choir robe would have gone a long way easing the burden of having to shop for clothes every saturday or even borrowing. And these robes, although expensive are very very presentable, uniform and are sewn in such a way that problems such as a choirister's skirt being too short or her cleavages pumped out are eliminated. The concept of having a diffrent combination each sunday is nice fashion-wise, but the costs seems rather very high.
So am putting this question out, between having unlimited number of uniforms and one single choir robe, which is preferable?
the floor is opened for comments.
Re: Choir Robe Vs Diffrent Colour Of Clothes For Church Choir. by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 10, 2013
A happy sunday to ya'll. Great news shall hit you this week... a long awaited score shall be settled for your sake and clogged up destinies shall be freed. Appointment letters, letter of promotion, safe deliveries, journey mercies, unmerrited favour and loads of blessing for ya'll this week.... Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Black Man / God Showed Me The Sorry State Of Michael Jackson By Fasterwell / Will The World Had Been A Better Place Without Religion? Your Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.