Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Real Affordable Housing Development - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Real Affordable Housing Development (748 Views)

250 Affordable Housing Unit Estate 4 Sale At New GRA Trans-ekulu Enugu- updated / FG Plans Processes For Affordable Housing In Nigeria / NLC - KRISTON LARRY Affordable Housing Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Real Affordable Housing Development by nehhymayya(m): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2008
Am working on developing real affordable houses for low income earners. In view of this would some one out there opin objectively on what factors are responsible for the eventual high cost of 'should be' affordable houses?
Re: Real Affordable Housing Development by hakir(m): 10:36am On Jul 15, 2008
ACCOMMODATION is a basic necessity of life, its nice to know that you are considering tackling its problems of which affect life considerably.

there is no dought that housing development is quite expensive of which the low income earners finds it hard to afford. but to answer your question to the best of my knowledge.

1.the price of land is a function of what the would be price of development will be.

2. the element of construction also add to the cost of a building e.g type of roof, blocks, finishes etc.

3. every line drawn by an architect implies cost on the eventual building.

4. the type of building also contribute to the cost e.g 1 bedroom will be cheaper than 2 b/r and so on.

5. houses built on contract is much expensive than those on direct labor

so in effect, get an allocated land from the government directly were possible, go for cheaper building elements, have a simple and functional design avoid any necessary design, plan the type of houses based on your targeted audience and try as much as possible to use direct labor.

i hope i ve contributed a little.

thanks for the interesting topic

hakir

onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Real Affordable Housing Development by abujabooks(f): 11:21am On Jul 17, 2008
Good info, Hakir.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Most Recognised Asset One Can Own In Africa? / I Mean It Am Not Joking / 3 STOREY BUILDING FOR SALE IN ABA, PRICE: #25MILLION.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.