Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,654 members, 7,851,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:37 PM

Who Is In The Father And His Holy Son? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is In The Father And His Holy Son? (478 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "I And The Father Are One" In John 10:30? / Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is In The Father And His Holy Son? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
Who is in the Father and His Holy Son?

While praying for His disciples during His valedictory message, our Lord Jesus prayed that His disciples be one in Him and His Father, ‘ That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:..’ (John 17:21). To be one in the Father and His Son is to be in union with them. This is a union that is founded through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:12-13). This union brings forth a new life in the person involved as his/her old life is crucified (Romans 6:6). Therefore the person who is one in the Father and His Son is that man/woman whose faith in Christ is not a static belief and trust but a loving, self abandoning commitment that constantly draws him/her near to Him (Jesus Christ) in spiritual intimacy.
The one in the Father and the Son is that male or female who is a child of God and has the Holy Spirit indwelling in him or her. Galatians 4:6-7 has this to say ‘And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.’ The Holy Spirit creates in every child of His a feeling of filial love that makes him to know God as his Father. This person has a spontaneous cry to God as Father and the spontaneous obedience to Jesus as Lord.
John the Baptist while reiterating the Lordship of Christ in John 3:36 said that to believe on the Son is to have everlasting life and to believe not is to lose eternal life and an invitation of the wrath of God. A person who is in the Father and His holy Son has entered into the way of salvation ordained by God and subjected himself to the righteousness of God (Philippians 3:9).

A person who is in the Father and His holy Son is thoroughly separated from the world. James 4:4 says ‘know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.’ 1 John 2:15 says ‘Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.’ Brethren, friendship of the world is spiritual adultery as it is unfaithfulness to God and the Christian’s commitment to Him. One who has embraced the world’s attitudes, values and sinful ways cannot be in union with the Lord Jesus Christ and His Father.

One who is in union with the Father and the Son is ever desirous to walk in the light of God’s Word. They do not seek to please men as long as they are pleasing God. They remember the woe pronounced by our Master in Luke 6:26 ‘Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets’ and the words of Paul in Galatians 1:10 ‘…for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.’

The person in the Father and His Son will seek and strive to walk in narrow way that leads to life (Matthew 7:14-15; Luke 13:24). Those in Christ Jesus will follow Him on the road that leads to life. They do this in true repentance and self denial. They earnestly seek His kingdom and His righteousness and persevere until the end in true faith, purity and love.

The man or the woman who is in the Father and the Son follows the example of Christ. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Master (Matthew 23:cool, the Chief Shepherd (Hebrews 13:20; 1 Peter 2:25), the Great Pattern in whose steps those who are in Him will forever walk (1 Timothy 1:16).

Conclusion
Whose are you? Are you in the Father and His Holy Son? Or are you in Satan? The Bible in Romans 6:16 says ‘Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?’ and 2 Peter 2:19b ‘for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.’ The person in the Father and His Son will do their will (John 14:21). He will honour and obey the Son as he honours and obeys the Father (John 5:23). Please join me to this song titled, ‘Lord I give you my heart’ on this YouTube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGzu6oI9b4

I would like to specially invite you to the weekly Sunday Worship Service of the Moment of Truth Ministries at the PARLIAMENT HILL SCHOOL (Main Hall), High Gate Road, Camden, London NW5 1RL. The time is 3.30 p.m.
Also you can watch the messages of Pastor Samson Jebutu of the Moment of Truth Ministries on www.momentoftruthministry.com and those of other ministers like Leonard Ravenhill; David Wilkerson; Gbile Akanni and Keith Daniel on YouTube.

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Female Preacher / The Erroneous Teaching Of Faith Without Works / The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.