Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

After The Plan Layout, What Next? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / After The Plan Layout, What Next? (1104 Views)

3 Story Building(8 Flats Of 3 Bedroom Flats Each)for N50m In Achara Layout Enugu / Property In Trans Amadi Industrial Layout / Plots For Sale In Abuja: Bwari Area Council: Mpape Layout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After The Plan Layout, What Next? by meetdopi(m): 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
I have the planned layout of the house that I want to build (designed on the computer and printed on an A3 sheet), I need detailed steps of actions that I need to take from this stage to completing the building project. Thank you in advance for sharing.
Re: After The Plan Layout, What Next? by mufutau55(m): 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
meetdopi: I have the planned layout of the house that I want to build (designed on the computer and printed on an A3 sheet), I need detailed steps of actions that I need to take from this stage to completing the building project. Thank you in advance for sharing.

Now pass it on to the Architects for professional and official design.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: After The Plan Layout, What Next? by prof800(m): 4:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
Next step:

:Take the design to an Architect and tell him to help you seal it.(skip this if the drawing is already sealed)

:Take it for approval at the town planning office (you can skip this step till later later) wink

:Also draw the structural drawing (skip this if you are not planning to go to town planning)

:Go to your site and start building.

----
These are the steps to take to start building:-
:-Get the quotation(estimate) of materials needed. (A quantity suveyor is needed here)
:-Buy your materials (in batches)
:-contact bricklayers and let them follow the design and start laying blocks for foundations
:-Get an Architect/Civil Engineer to help you supervise the construction. (This very important)

VOILA!

NB: I've assumed that you are building a small house. Because if you are building something bigger with stories, then there are still many other procedures to take esp. in Lagos. Such as Geophysical surveys (VES, CPT etc), Soil penetration tests etc

Goodluck!
Re: After The Plan Layout, What Next? by kkonsults: 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
Good talk @ Prof800, those are the necessary steps to be taken @ Op, but if its a Storey building, you still need to get a Structural Drawing.
And also make sure your Architect or engineer is on site so as to ensure the Construction goes according to Plan.

K.
Re: After The Plan Layout, What Next? by meetdopi(m): 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
Thank you Hajji
mufutau55:

Now pass it on to the Architects for professional and official design.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: After The Plan Layout, What Next? by meetdopi(m): 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
A very detailed steps you have provided there @Prof. Its actually a 5bed bungalow. I will adhere to your suggestions. Gracia

How much would an architect collect for this little assignment ? Kindly holla @ me. Any architect in the house?

prof800: Next step:

:Take the design to an Architect and tell him to help you seal it.(skip this if the drawing is already sealed)

:Take it for approval at the town planning office (you can skip this step till later later) wink

:Also draw the structural drawing (skip this if you are not planning to go to town planning)

:Go to your site and start building.

----
These are the steps to take to start building:-
:-Get the quotation(estimate) of materials needed. (A quantity suveyor is needed here)
:-Buy your materials (in batches)
:-contact bricklayers and let them follow the design and start laying blocks for foundations
:-Get an Architect/Civil Engineer to help you supervise the construction. (This very important)

VOILA!

NB: I've assumed that you are building a small house. Because if you are building something bigger with stories, then there are still many other procedures to take esp. in Lagos. Such as Geophysical surveys (VES, CPT etc), Soil penetration tests etc

Goodluck!
Re: After The Plan Layout, What Next? by mufutau55(m): 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
meetdopi: Thank you Hajji

You are welcomed. One of the best Architects in Nairaland has just responded to your message above too.. he is Kkonsults.
You can look thru his various designs here in Property forums.. he is one of the best you can get.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: After The Plan Layout, What Next? by meetdopi(m): 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
Great advice @kkconsult.

kkonsults:
Good talk @ Prof800, those are the necessary steps to be taken @ Op, but if its a Storey building, you still need to get a Structural Drawing.
And also make sure your Architect or engineer is on site so as to ensure the Construction goes according to Plan.

K.
Re: After The Plan Layout, What Next? by meetdopi(m): 8:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ok nau. @kkconsult, I have a small assignment for you oo

mufutau55:

You are welcomed. One of the best Architects in Nairaland has just responded to your message above too.. he is Kkonsults.
You can look thru his various designs here in Property forums.. he is one of the best you can get.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: After The Plan Layout, What Next? by kkonsults: 9:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
meetdopi: Ok nau. @kkconsult, I have a small assignment for you oo

Ok Sir, forward your sketch to my mail, then we move on from there.
k_konsults@yahoo.com
@ Hajji Mufutau, thank's

K.
Re: After The Plan Layout, What Next? by mufutau55(m): 1:26am On Nov 11, 2013
kkonsults:

Ok Sir, forward your sketch to my mail, then we move on from there.
k_konsults@yahoo.com
@ Hajji Mufutau, thank's

K.

No problem.. You are the MAN, always.

Hajji Mufutau

(1) (Reply)

32 Inch Samsung LED TV Plus Home Theatre Personal Property 65k / 2 Nos Of Upstair Tenement Houst At Ebute Metta / Urgure Sale Of 694sqm At Mayfair Gardens Awoyaya Lekki Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.