Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

I Used To Beat Taiwo Awoniyi To Discourage Him From Playing Football-dad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Used To Beat Taiwo Awoniyi To Discourage Him From Playing Football-dad (534 Views)

Iheanacho, Simon, Awoniyi Called Up For U23 Cup Of Nations / Taiwo Awoniyi’s Twin Sister; Kehinde / Liverpool Signs Nigeria's Taiwo Awoniyi (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Used To Beat Taiwo Awoniyi To Discourage Him From Playing Football-dad by miracle4(m): 7:30am On Nov 11, 2013
Mr. Awoniyi on Sunday at his Gbagba residence, Ilorin, said
that he never knew Taiwo would play football to global
level.
He said the football career of his son started during his elementary
school days, noting that he (Taiwo) would always disappear from the
house to play football and the whole family would be looking for him.
Awoniyi praised the efforts of Taiwo’s coach, Rasaq Olojo, whom he
said discovered and nurtured him.
He said the striker was part of the team that participated in a Coca
Cola competition in Ibadan, which later earned him a trip to London in
2010, where former Nigerian football stars Nduka Ugbade and Seyi
Olofinjana, spotted him.
He disclosed that Taiwo Awoniyi was voted the most valuable player
and came home with the award from London in 2010.
Awoniyi, a retired Police Officer, said he was happy to watch his son
represent Nigeria in a world tournament.

source: http://www.viralsplash.net/i-used-to-beat-taiwo-awoniyi-to-discourage-him-from-playing-football-dad/
Re: I Used To Beat Taiwo Awoniyi To Discourage Him From Playing Football-dad by rexbuton: 7:41am On Nov 11, 2013
Congratulations sir ! Policemen, as dramatic as ever... Now lets brace ourselves for all the untold stories that would be reaching us shortly...
Re: I Used To Beat Taiwo Awoniyi To Discourage Him From Playing Football-dad by fasho01(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2013
^^^ asin ehn!!! Indeed waiting for the untold stories to start pouring in.

I was so sure something like this would come up

(1) (Reply)

CAF Announces 2013 Awards Date And Venue / Amunike Prevents Fraudulent Transfer Of Ihenacho / Pre-match Briefing: Chelsea V Steaua Bucharest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.