Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Twins'war - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twins'war (990 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twins'war by Romanticboy1(m): 10:46am On Nov 11, 2013
this would be my very first story in this section,the other was a joke,unplanned and caused by excessive boredom.I would need your encouragement for continuation of the story,i promise to give my very best! Thank you!
Re: Twins'war by Romanticboy1(m): 10:49am On Nov 11, 2013
Preface

Kimberly and keisha are identical twins who are at logger-heads,they don't agree with each other.Kimberly who is the quiet,peacemaking and hardworking one,keisha was the direct opposite.Problems compounded when they fell in love with the same man! Who gets the man at the end? Its filled with suspense,intrigue,deciet and romance.
Enjoy!!
Re: Twins'war by Romanticboy1(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2013
''kish,kish wake up already,its time for work''kim said,tapping keisha on the shoulder gently as she turned and faced her,her eyes still covered with sleep.

''whats it? Can't some have a decent sleep without disturbance''keisha snorted as she spoke.her voice sounding deep and sleepy.
''i woke you up before,yet you still sleeping.get up and freshen yourself,cos i ain't leaving the house without you''kim replied,trying to raise up keisha's head.
;''please leave me alone,ok,fine.i will come later''she said placing her head back on the bed.
''what? What did you just say?you thought am a fool,that would believe that? kish,get up now! For the past three months you have been absent from work,whats your problem?did you keep any slave to do your job?''kim replied,in a rather harsh tone,but keisha wasn't moved.
''when you are done shouting,you'll leave cos i ain't leaving this bed,you work yourself over-nothing,this is our company that dad left for us,we are our own bosses,so why should we kill ourselves to go to work like we were regular employees huh?
''oh really? So,thats your reason huh,soo you just wana stay at home,doing nothing or wait for your lazy friends to go shopping huh?don't worry by the time i stop the payment of your monthly allowance and employ someone to take your place,then you will be serious''
''I dare you to try that,kim,try it and you will know even though we are twins,i came out before you''keisha barked as she sat up on her bed,using her hands to demonstrate her words,while kim stood still with folded hands staring at her sister dumb-founded.
Whenever money is being discussed,keisha becomes active,she never plays with such,kim knew it,thats why she said it to see her ''funny'' reaction.
''then go to work,ok''kim fired back.
;
;Their mother who heard loud quarreling voices raced to kiesha's room to find out what could cause this early morning fight with the twins.
Re: Twins'war by Romanticboy1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
''what is it again? Why can't you gals go a day without quarreling for Goodness sake''the twins'mother madam felicia as she is fondly called said,immediately she entered.
''mom,why don't you ask the all and mighty ''senior'' keisha who wouldn't want to work but sleep all day''kim answered,looking at keisha angrily.
''you would respect me''keisha attacked.
''respect indeed,don't go and work stay here,eat sleep and party all day like a spoilt brat''
''what? Keisha stood to give a slap,but was stopped by their mother just in time,who held kiesha's hand as she stood in between the girls.
''i will not tolerate you guys fighting when am here,are you both mad or have you forgotten who i am?she thundered.
They both kept quiet.
''Now calm down,both of you,kim,why can't you respect your sister and keish why can't you do the right thing''madam felicia asked them at once,looking at them.
''mom,its not a must i must go to work,haba! Am not some employee that worries about that,i am my own boss,so i could choose to go to work or not''keisha said.
''oh really,don't worry na...''kim replied her as madam felicia hit her mouth gently to shun her from speaking without being asked to.
''so if you don't wana go to work,what do you intend doing for the day? Felicia asked as keisha scratched her head,making little noises.
;''you know the both of you shame me alot,you disgrace :me everywhere,you quarrel,you fight,do you both want to send me to the grave as you sent your father huh? Madam felicia shouted.
''No,mum'' they both chorused while making funny glances at each other.
'' then,be good girls and culture yourselves''
''but mum,i have kept kish quiet long enough,can you imagine she hasn't been to the office for three months,her secretary is seriously complaining cos she is needed to sign some documents and do some important things,if we keep silent about this,things will get out of hands''kim replied.
''what are you there for? What is your duty as a sister? Is it not to help me? Keisha replied,moving her head in a zig-zag manner.
''Enough,both of you,now keisha go get dressed and go to work,if not you will have serious problems with me''madam felicia said,her eyes wide open as she directs her left hand to the bathroom indicating that keisha should go freshen up.
''i know you will side her,all of you hate me in this house,but don't worry i will soon leave''keisha grumbled in a tearful voice,as she stamped her feet heavily on the tiled floor to the bathroom and banging the door afterwards.
''thanks mum...you'll''
;''now you shut your mouth and go to the office,she is coming and this should be the first and last time you two will quarrel,if not,you will recieve it hot from me''her mother cut in,with a warning tone.
''yes ma,our iron-lady''kim hailed her raising her thumbs in the air as she finally left.
;
''oh God,please help me before this children send me to join my late Gilbert,please i beseech thee''she said,raising her two hands in the air,looking at the ceiling.she sighed and then left,but not without shouting at keisha to hurry up and join her sister in the office.

1 Like

Re: Twins'war by Romanticboy1(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
It was 2pm.kimberly had been staring at the circular-shaped clock hung on the wall.the employees had gone for their break but emmanuella keisha's secretary wasn't.she had to do the work keisha neglected.this made kim worried and angry that her sister left all the task for her secretary while she stays at home doing only God knows what and that keisha was yet to show up at the office.
She took the intercom and dialled a number.
''hello ella?
''yes ma'am''ella replied with a weak voice.
''has my sister arrived yet?
''no-ma'am,please madam when is miss keisha gonna come,there is lot of work here for her,i alone can't handle it''
''i understand ella,don't worry she will here soon''
''is she ill ma'am?
''eh,yea! Minor sickness but she is fine now''
;''ok,ma'am
''eh,ella,bring the remaining documents for me,let me finish it,while you go and eat,i guess you must be very tired and famished''
''no,ma'am,please i can't do that,don't worry,i will be done in no time''
''ella,i insist''
''no ma'am,its so wrong,ok,let me give it to your secretary instead''
''no,i said bring it to me ok,don't worry''
''alright ma'am,i am coming''she sighed.
''ok,hurry up''kim said, dropping the reciever.
''why is keisha like this? Right from child-hood,she had never claimed responsibility for anything,what kinda sister have you given me oh Lord'' kim said to herself,supporting her chin with her hands which stood on the desk as she drifted to land of thoughts.
''mom claims we both killed dad,but it was keisha and also dad caused his death,,he always supported kish,thats why she broke his heart leading to his death when she stole the money he kept aside for a contract,and squandered it''kim revealed.
''sometimes i wonder why she was ever my sister,if she wasn't my identical half,i would have doubted if she was really my blood,all this years,i have covered up for her,but now she must be put in her place and accept responsibility''
;Kim was so engrossed with thoughts that she hardly noticed ella's entrance.
''ma'am''ella called as kim snapped out of her thoughts.
''oh yea''she said looking at her,forcing a smile.
''whats the matter ma'am?
''nothing,am fine''
''ok,here are the files''
''oh thanks''she said,recieving it.
''now,you may go for your break,enjoy yourself"kim smiled.
''thank you ma'am,you're so kind,God bless you''Ella said with a bright face as kim smiled again.
''you are welcome,you can go now''ella happily walked out of the office.
Re: Twins'war by Romanticboy1(m): 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Kim took a quick glance at the files ella brought and found out it was so much.
''poor ella''she said,giving out a long sigh.she brought out her cell-phone and dialled keisha number.It rang three times before she picked up.
''hey sisy'keisha saluted.
''hi kish,where are you?
''urh,see kim,please don't be angry.Am so sorry,my car broke down and i have been trying to repair it...'she stammered.
''kish,you should know me more than that,i am not gullible and besides how can your car break down,when you withdrew 1million naira last week to purchase a new engine,huh?''
keisha kept silent for a while.she knew her bubble was bursted.
''oh ok sissy,please if i tell you the truth,please don't tell mum,i beg of you''she pleaded
''if its a reasonable excuse''
''ok,i truly wanted to come to work today,i just entered my car when my friends beeped me and told me there was some shoes that just arrived town,i must confess i was so tempted,you know how much i am so obsessed with shoes and clothings na''keisha paused.
''so you went there instead,cos that was more important to you huh?mum must hear this''
''kimmy,please na,i was so tempted.am sorry please,i will make up for everything,i promise''
''As usual,unending promises'' kim sighed.
''when will you be responsible for once,and why do you allow yourself to be influenced by those your bad friends huh?she added.
''i said i am sorry please,i will make up for it''
kim knew that if she kept listening to keisha ''sweet'' words,she might fall.Just as she knew keisha's weak spot so does keisha know hers.So she hung up immediately.
Re: Twins'war by IKJ1000000(m): 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
I am following man....more update 4me jor !!!
Re: Twins'war by Romanticboy1(m): 11:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
IKJ1000000: I am following man....more update 4me jor !!!
;
wow thanks man! Welcome on board
Re: Twins'war by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Poems From The Lowly Heart / Can My Little Suggestion Be The Temporary Solution To Plagiarism On Nairaland / Etisalat Flash Writing Contest 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.