Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Which Marriage Counts? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Marriage Counts? (959 Views)

She Was Molested By Armed Robbers, Shuld She KEEP OR KILL IT? Your 1 Cent Counts / After Uniport Students Rampage, ALUU Community Counts Its Losses! / Believe Me,it Counts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Marriage Counts? by JasmineSie(f): 7:34am On Jul 15, 2008
In court marrige,traditional and church marriage which of these actually count,i personally belive that all count and the court marriage is most binding..

but some people believe its church marriage that counts,

for christians,i.e
Re: Which Marriage Counts? by OgidiBoy(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2008
When it's time for me to get married I hope my wife and I would go for the church and traditional marriage. Personally I believe the court marriage is a very cheap way and it's not very common in Nigeria.
Re: Which Marriage Counts? by Gamine(f): 10:36am On Jul 15, 2008
Hen hen T, any marriage counts ooh!

You stole this topic from TTG, hehehehhe
Re: Which Marriage Counts? by SENATORJD(m): 10:49am On Jul 15, 2008
well it depends on ones background,believe and what u consider ok for you.
personally i would go for a church wedding, one because of the prayers,the word and the spiritual joining

@ogidiboy who says court marriages are very cheap?
u you pay for the session and the court representatives as well
and its common(maybe not VERYYYYY) in Nigeria u probably just dnt know. a colleague had one over the wekend

@gamine whats TTG;
Towards a Total Gangster?
Time To Grow?
Towards a Total Graduate?
Time to Go?
Re: Which Marriage Counts? by Gamine(f): 11:10am On Jul 15, 2008
heheheh

Towards a Total Gangster.lol

na Total Graduate oh!
Re: Which Marriage Counts? by coolier(f): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2008
I would say go for the registry marriage. That is binding anywhere in the world. And that is why you see some people go to the registry first and again repeat the marriage in church as some churches are not[b] licenced [/b] to join couples together. But a lot of people do not realize this in Nigeria and they feel they can get married in any church, so long as it is their church - these pastors have a marriage certificate they have printed for the purpose. So I think registry is safer, but go for church if your church is licenced to do that.
Re: Which Marriage Counts? by JasmineSie(f): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2008
@ Gamine

how u go talk like dat now dey concluded durin TTG dat court mariage counts and dey dint even do justice to d topic its only fair to throw it out.dont u think.

wink wink grin

@ SENATOR JD
i like that towards a total gangster.lol
grin grin

@ogidiboy
who says every wedding has 2b flamboyant d koko na say u be husband and wife legally. and its not that cheap either just not as expensive as trad or church.
Re: Which Marriage Counts? by Nobody: 3:48am On Jul 17, 2008
Church marriage counts duh!

Cuz you have the license to show as a legal proof.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is More Faithfull In Marriage / Finances In Marriage / Can I Do This Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.