Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,589 members, 7,955,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:44 PM

Left-handers Chatroom - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Left-handers Chatroom (2142 Views)

Left-handers (Lefties) Turned Right-handers Share Your Experience / Happy Southpaws (left Handers) Days / Nairaland/General Section Chatroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 12, 2013
Left handers day fall on my birthday ....grin but i'm not left handed, can i join?
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:49am On Nov 12, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Left handers day fall on my birthday ....grin but i'm not left handed, can i join?
no strictly for lefthanders grin
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fynestboi: no strictly for lefthanders grin
sad maybe i was left handed when i was born, because i was born on left handers day. Leaves sorrowfully*
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
Elliotwiz1: sad maybe i was left handed when i was born, because i was born on left handers day. Leaves sorrowfully*
*confused*
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
My fellow lefthanders have you ever regret been a lefthander if yes give the reason.. Maybe something occurs that lead to that...
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Babe2sure(f): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
I am the only one that is left-handed in my family. It is only my dad that complains about my being left-handed. The man did not like it at all. During my secondary school days, if he sees me washing cloth, he will say,change it to your right hand jor grin *As if it is possible*even though he knows that it is not possible he will still say what is in his mind.

If you cannot stop a child from using left -hand while still a toddler,then forget it. Some parents try to force their children to be right- handed, I bet you,it will disturb the psycological make- up of such child.
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Babe2sure(f): 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fynestboi: My fellow lefthanders have you ever regret been a lefthander if yes give the reason.. Maybe something occurs that lead to that...

No, I have never regretted being left-handed. The only aspect of using left hand that I don't like is using it to eat. Seeing people using it to eat looks awkward to me.
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
Babe2sure:

No, I have never regretted being left-handed. The only aspect of using left hand that I don't like is using it to eat. Seeing people using it to eat looks awkward to me.
awkward? The part i dont like is eating amala, eba, fufu with left hand, but all others are okay, i remember a day i went to canteen to eat, and the lady beside me was using her left hand to eat amala, and i was using my to eat rice, i was just laughing inside of me, but i had to tell her that, why not try using spoon to eat this food or try the right hand.... She just smiled back...
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
Babe2sure: I am the only one that is left-handed in my family. It is only my dad that complains about my being left-handed. The man did not like it at all. During my secondary school days, if he sees me washing cloth, he will say,change it to your right hand jor grin *As if it is possible*even though he knows that it is not possible he will still say what is in his mind.
same with me also... Bt my dad used to stop me from using my left hand to eat, also my mum, but they later stopped, when i failed to yield to their bashing, i could remember my mum would say that "am not against your left hand, but stop eating with it"".. And my dad would say "why not try your right hand and stop using this hand to eat"

.:
If you cannot stop a child from using left -hand while still a toddler,then forget it. Some parents try to force their children to be right- handed, I bet you,it will disturb the psycological make- up of such child.
@bolded is that really true, my mum told me the same thing also, that if a lefty hander child is forced to stop usng the hand such ward would become a dullard..
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
hello lefties smiley smiley
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Freiburger(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hey wuddup mate?
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Babe2sure(f): 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
Fynestboi: awkward? The part i dont like is eating amala, eba, fufu with left hand, but all others are okay, i remember a day i went to canteen to eat, and the lady beside me was using her left hand to eat amala, and i was using my to eat rice, i was just laughing inside of me, but i had to tell her that, why not try using spoon to eat this food or try the right hand.... She just smiled back...

That is what I am talking about. Why would she use her bare left-hand to eat amala in public.She should have used spoon. I will not like the sight of that at all.
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 4:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Freiburger: Hey wuddup mate?
doing pretty good..
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
Babe2sure:

That is what I am talking about. Why would she use her bare left-hand to eat amala in public.She should have used spoon. I will not like the sight of that at all.
lol cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy the same way i felt that same day, but she just smile back.. That actually irritate me....
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
I heard and i knw that left hands are use for some dirty chores, like picking dirt, using the toilet etc, so tell me how do you cope knowing fully well that that left hand is our own major hand is that not??

So let hear from my mate how you cope with that...
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Freiburger(m): 5:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
Fynestboi: I heard and i knw that left hands are use for some dirty chores, like picking dirt, using the toilet etc, so tell me how do you cope knowing fully well that that left hand is our own major hand is that not??

So let hear from my mate how you cope with that...
Lol. As if I really care which hand I appy first while doing things. Hence I think I'll exempted from the question. smiley
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Babe2sure(f): 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
@bolded is that really true, my mum told me the same thing also, that if a lefty hander child is forced to stop usng the hand such ward would become a dullard..[/quote]

Oh yeah! It has to do with brain coordination. If you force someone to change from being a southpaw,it will definitely disrupt the workings of the brain.
Some of the effects I have heard people talk about ranges from:
1)Being less brilliant than before.
2)Slow in speech.
3)Stammering.
4)Poor handwriting
5)Inferiority complex
Depending on each child. And the method used in trying to change the child, whether by too much spanking or just encouraging them to change from being lefty.

At least, I have seen someone that stammers because they are trying to change him. I visited a friend of mine and her nephew who is about seven year old stammered while I was talking to him,I was surprised to hear him stammer because he doesn't stammer before. I asked my friend,she said they don't know what caused it that he just started stammerring recently. I now asked her some questions like:

Is the mother too strict on him?she said 'No' (2) Have they gone to his school to ask if he mimicks someone that stammers at his school,she said 'No' to that too.*i was surprised,they did not take any step to find out why he started stammering all of a sudden,they were just wondering* I know the boy is left-handed,so I now ask if they are trying to change him she said yes that the mom spanks him over that.I now told her it could be because of trying to change him.They should leave him the way God want him to be.You can't try to change God's work and not see the consequence.
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Freiburger:
Lol. As if I really care which hand I appy first while doing things. Hence I think I'll exempted from the question. smiley
lol same with me, i dnt send but i really need to hear from other maybe i can adjust..
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
@babe2sure i knw about all that but i do think they are just mere fallacy...
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Freiburger(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Babe2sure: I know the boy is left-handed,so I now ask if they are trying to change him she said yes that the mom spanks him over that.I now told her it could be because of trying to change him.They should leave him the way God want him to be.You can't try to change God's work and not see the consequence.

Sad enough, the lil inocent young man will end up having problems doing anything productive with the only option he have.
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Babe2sure(f): 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
Freiburger:
Sad enough, the lil inocent young man will end up having problems doing anything productive with the only option he have.

Exactly!
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Emmyk(m): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
I use left hand on phone.

My granfather was a Lefty.

I have many lefty friends.

May I Join? cheesycheesy
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 10:51am On Nov 21, 2013
Emmyk: I use left hand on phone.

My granfather was a Lefty.

I have many lefty friends.

May I Join? cheesycheesy
are you yourself a lefty? If yes welcome..
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Oluwatola5(f): 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
Babe2sure:

Most left handers have high IQ and they are good at multi-tasking..
Yh, so true.

@Fynest did you forget i am left-handed

Proudly a leftie who has been so spoilt silly with it, it is obvious even when i walk with the way i wringle my left hand so easily. Its nice being one anyway......kisskisskiss
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
Oluwatola5: Yh, so true.

@Fynest did you forget i am left-handed

Proudly a leftie who has been so spoilt silly with it, it is obvious even when i walk with the way i wringle my left hand so easily. Its nice being one anyway......kisskisskiss
i knw you are i was actually waiting for when you would show up and finally u did... Welcome.
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
@oluwatola kindly brief us your experience as a lefthanders wink
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Oluwatola5(f): 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
Freiburger:
...Interesting... i never knew, but i know about of Obama, Clinton, and pres Ford.
My favourite rapper and also the greatest living rapper writes his lyrics with his left hand too.
Raphael Nadal and Verdasco the tennis players play so skillfully with their left hands, they have my full support anyday anytime. Nadal is my best player anyway.
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
yesterday was lefthander's day sad
Re: Left-handers Chatroom by Ayo081(m): 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Tallest Man-world Record / 10 Countries That Were Never Colonized / 25 Amazing Sculptures That Will Make You Go Wow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.