Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike (982 Views)

Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities / ASUU To Hold Congresses Monday; Takes Decision Next Saturday / UNILAG & UI Shine At Google’s Online Marketing Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike by nnocurruption: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Barring a last-minute change, the National
Executive Committee of ASUU will at its
meeting on Wednesday night suspend the
lingering ASUU strike to allow public university
students to return to their classes as reports
from the various local congresses of the union
today has shown.
members of ASUU in the University who have
been front-liners in the industrial action today
accepted the new offer from FG and voted that
the strike be suspended. Other Universities
that have so far voted for the suspension of
the industrial action are Ahmadu Bello
University, Zaria, Usman Dan Fodio University
Sokoto, Federal University of Technology,
Minna, and the University of Lagos. Others
are, the University of Calabar, Federal
University of Technology Akure and Ekiti State
University. As of Press time, only the
University of Benin has refused to yield to the
call that the 4-month old ASUU strike be
suspended.
The official added, "Members were persuaded
because President Goodluck Jonathan
personally met with the union. They felt since
the President was involved in the negotiation
this time around, the government would not
say that it was arm-twisted to make the offer".
It will be recall the Academic Staff Union of
Nigeria Universities (ASUU) has on 1 July,
2013 embarked on an indefinite strike to put
pressure on the FG to implement the 2009
agreement it entered into with the Union.
Re: ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike by Cuteclem: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
well said the source?
Re: ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike by Lawconfessor(f): 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
I pray so biko.
Re: ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike by yuskol(m): 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
So only Uniben declined to suspend the strike!!!!majority will win thou!!!
Re: ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike by Excelboi(m): 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Heard unijos too support the strike to Continue
Re: ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike by Tolexander: 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
What is the resolution of Oba Awon University(OAU)?
Re: ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike by Caseless: 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
They can't jst waste our time for good 4 months, and they're now coming to tell us that they've accepted one 'sketchy offer' from d FG; and that has been d case since 2009. This is my 3-4th strike in the name of 'ASUU strike' pushing the gov't to implement the 2009 pact it entered with d union. I had just 2 weeks left for me to graduate and they forced this latest strike down our throats. I'm not going to benefit from this, so are pple that are goin to come after me; it will be story as usual and more strike as usual for non-implementation.
God go answer my prayer; i nor forgive ASUU for wasting my time and not getting what they went on strike for in full. *taps my leg on the floor in anger*
Re: ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike by Caseless: 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
Excelboi: Heard unijos too support the strike to Continue
Re: ASUU Meetings Update: UNILAG, UI, Othersvoted In Congresses To Call Off Strike by Alexcollins(m): 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
D strike I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ obviously over 4 ₪w̶̲̥̅. D lecturers can ₪w̶̲̥̅ start collecting blocking 2 celebrate christmas effectively. While nigerian student will be taught recklessly using d fire brigade approach.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Delsu Post Ume Postponed / Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / IQ Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.