Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

The Evil Of ''harry Potter'' And The Kufr Of ''magic'' - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Evil Of ''harry Potter'' And The Kufr Of ''magic'' (2106 Views)

ENVY: Foundation Of Disbelieve/ Evil (kufr) / Ruling On Kufr Duna Kufr / Pillars Of Kufr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evil Of ''harry Potter'' And The Kufr Of ''magic'' by Uthainah(m): 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2008
As Salam alaik warahama,
I know the 1st thing dat will probably cross ur mind is ''Dah! this is one extreme muslim, there's no way i'm listenin to this crap''. Sit back and ponder 4 a while, perhaps We just might agree on somethin. I'm not saying peeps should not watch it, just do it with caution. Today, many peeps have been psychologically defeated as a result of movies like this. Harry potter presents to us the 2nd kabair (gravest sin in the sight of Allah) 'Magic' in a fascinatin manner that one will also see it as a gift and perhaps yearn to have such powers. In surah baqara vs 102-103 Allah forbade magic in its entirety using as examples the babylonians who were ruin and became disbelievers after being forewarned of its evil. But i'm not learning magic! Of course not, one cannot rule out the fact that the human's subconscious absorbs this things and bring them as prompts for reflexes. Albeit, some people can suppress this while others think they are playing Quiddish riding a ''Nimbus 2000''

Re: The Evil Of ''harry Potter'' And The Kufr Of ''magic'' by Uthainah(m): 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2008
Or just imagining themselves in a duel against Voldemont. Many wards today only see the stories of prophets and their adversaries like harry potter series. They cannot even read meaning to it, some will even say 'harry potter would have blown fir'aun to smitterings instead on running like Musa(moses) did. Na'audhu-bi-llah! It's time peeps are made aware of the massive distinction between facts and fiction. In islam as ordained by Allah the punishment for working magic is death meaning that it leads to disbelief. Let us not be overwhelmed by these ideas designed to weaken our faith. Allah has provided 4 us somethin better, The qisas of the prophets in the quran. And Allah knows best, pls kindly contribute
Re: The Evil Of ''harry Potter'' And The Kufr Of ''magic'' by Uthainah(m): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2008
Once again i'm not saying that it is haram cos i'm no scholar but if it can lead to kufr then at least it MAY be makru (detested) afterall such knowledge is of no benefit. Please don't get me wrong. Wa Salam alaik. A bientot.
Re: The Evil Of ''harry Potter'' And The Kufr Of ''magic'' by javalove(m): 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2008
U r right brother. May Allah rward u and save us from the evil of out hands and thoughts!
Re: The Evil Of ''harry Potter'' And The Kufr Of ''magic'' by Tudor6(f): 12:36am On Jul 17, 2009
The novel if far more interesting and less bloody than the qu'ran i tell you that. . .

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Atheists Will Not Have Problem Becoming Muslims / The Bible Talked Of Muhammad Before It Was Twisted / Muslims Denounce Mumbai Attackers As Enemy Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.