Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

How Fun Was Your Childhood? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Fun Was Your Childhood? (487 Views)

What Was Your Childhood Career Ambition/dream & What Are U Doing Now.. / Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? / What Was Your Childhood Fantasy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Fun Was Your Childhood? by hermesprogidy(m): 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
Childhood is one of the most significant times in the life of a human being, the quality and experiences we go through at this crucial phase of life significantly determines who we are in later life. This tread is not an intellectual one, but rather a relaxing one to take us back through memory lane and reminisce on this innocent stage (it was for me) of life. my childhood in Lagos (Surulere) in the late 70s and early 80s. Growing up in an era where there was no internet, GSM and Social media meant it was just you and your friends alone. I remember hearing mother's admonishing tone reminding me to wash my dishes after eating because after eating na to disappear go play ball be dat grin or go do gymnastics for Sawdust grin grin grin.

I had a swell childhood, and played all manner of games viz.Police and thief, Catcher, Tire rolling, table and street soccer, boju boju grin grin just to mention a few

The height was when the famous cartoon Voltron was introduced into NTA programming. I and my friends would be jumping from uncompleted buildings in the name of forming Voltron grin grin grin grin (I was Red Lion) the day my Mumsie saw this, the poor woman nearly fainted out of shock (na grade 10 beating i receive that day grin grin grin)

Those were realy simpler times. How was your childhood? let's go down memory lane.. cool
Re: How Fun Was Your Childhood? by Freiburger(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2013
OP, you topic just reminded me of that sawdust gymnastics, but mine was in the late 80s early 90s, anytime I try to attempt these exercises now, I will always end up blue, why? I just cant turn back the hands of time.

(1) (Reply)

12 Richest Nigerians Have $65bn Fortune / USC Racing Team Showcases Racecar At LA Auto Show / Fast And Furious Star Paul Walkerkilled In Car Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.