Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Four Prostitutes Sentenced To 200-hour Community Service! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Four Prostitutes Sentenced To 200-hour Community Service! (645 Views)

Marathon Sex With 3 Prostitutes Lands Man In Prison / One Stabbed As Nigerian Prostitutes Election Turns Bloody In Lagos / 28-Year-Old Man Sentenced To 6 Days Community Service For Stealing Pot Of Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Prostitutes Sentenced To 200-hour Community Service! by gbolakpine(m): 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fair Punishment or Not?!
According to the Punch, four women have been sentenced to 200 hours of community service after they pleaded guilty to the charge of prostitution brought against them by the police on Tuesday.

The women whose names are Blessing Esu, 28; Nancy Brownson, 35; Patricia Timba, 34 and Josephine Idoga, 21- were asked to sweep and clean the Tinubu Magistrate’s Court and its environs for 200 hours as their punishment for the act.

The police had told the court that the ladies of easy virtue were caught on November 11, 2013 and on different streets soliciting customers.
According to The Punch, the investigating police officer particularly said the area was within vicinity of banks. A raid was said to have been conducted around 2.25am on the Victoria Island area of Lagos.

They were apprehended and detained by the police before being taken to the Magistrate court. The single count read, “That you, Blessing Esu, Nancy Brownson, Patricia Timba, and Josephine Idoga, on November 11, 2013, at about 2.25am within different streets in Victoria Island, Lagos, in the Lagos Magisterial District were found loitering for purpose of prostitution within banks vicinity.”

The prosecutor, Inspector Chidi Okoye, said the offence was contrary to and punishable under Section 166(a)(ii) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.
The problem i have with this police is that they only managed to arrest four when there are thousands of women like them on the streets of Nigeria who need curbing.

http://kongegist..com/2013/11/four-prostitutes-sentenced-to-200-hour.html
Re: Four Prostitutes Sentenced To 200-hour Community Service! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
I think this decision is in order. There are other better places to do this community service especially at night e.g control traffic at Oba Akran road, Allen roundabout and even Pen Cinema roundabout.
Re: Four Prostitutes Sentenced To 200-hour Community Service! by iterator25: 8:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
Keneking: I think this decision is in order. There are other better places to do this community service especially at night e.g control traffic at Oba Akran road , Allen roundabout and even Pen Cinema roundabout.

torture! lipsrsealed
Re: Four Prostitutes Sentenced To 200-hour Community Service! by taharqa: 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Community Service? I love this... I love what Lagos hv done with their Judiciary
Re: Four Prostitutes Sentenced To 200-hour Community Service! by ifyalways(f): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
The names are funny which is good - bad mkt for nld bigots.

As per the judgment, I'll say fair though that won't discourage them from going back to the trade.
Re: Four Prostitutes Sentenced To 200-hour Community Service! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
ifyalways: The names are funny which is good - bad mkt for nld bigots.

As per the judgment, I'll say fair though that won't discourage them from going back to the trade.

Those are not their real names...pros,titues don't trade with their real names.

(1) (Reply)

Syrian Rebel 'beheaded In Case Of Mistaken Identity' / Gunmen Kill Ogun University Lecturer / Woman Poisons 19 Primary School Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.