Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,469 members, 7,819,717 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Mikel's Exclusion From Dream Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel's Exclusion From Dream Team (693 Views)

Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Ladan Bosso Surprised At Rabiu Ibrahim Exclusion From Worldcup List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel's Exclusion From Dream Team by EMOREO1: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2008
do u think that the exclusion of john obi from dream team iv squad will be ok with team would be performance?
Re: Mikel's Exclusion From Dream Team by ofurufu(m): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2008
Personally,I don't know where I belong in this Obi Exclusion debate. I can't say it's a bad decision but at the same I don't see it as totally faultless. Leaving Obi out,as a disciplinary measure, I believe, sends important message to other players(not only this team but at all levels) that no player is above punishment. Another strong case for Mikel's exclusion is that if he was finally included, he will surely get the automatic shirt, to the dissatisfaction of the midfielders that laboured during the qualifying series,causing division in the team.

However,saying Siasia's decision is a great gamble is not out of place. It's a big gamble,I think. Mikel would have surely been of immense importance to that team.

But if I were in Siasia's shoes, I would have demanded a written and published apology from him,not only to the coach and team but also to all Nigerians. After that, I'll include him in my list.

P.S.:This decision can further make or mar Siasia. If the team don't have a good outing,Nigerians will situate the cause within his decision to exclude Mikel. Trust Nigerians!!!

(1) (Reply)

Good Lesson For The Mikel Obi`s Of This World / Newcastle In Danger Of Relegation / Fifa's Jack Warner’s Plane Nearly Crashed In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.