Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,755 members, 7,955,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:29 PM

Nodejs Viable In Nigeria ? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nodejs Viable In Nigeria ? (3145 Views)

Angularjs, Laravel, Magento, Twitter Bootstrap, Nodejs Are Some Of My Skills / Javascript With NodeJS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nodejs Viable In Nigeria ? by curiouslad(m): 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
pc guru:

The List is long but the best option so far ability to build a web server in JavaScript with Asynchronous style, obviously you should know that building real time apps on PHP is flawed because PHP is blocking.

Just pointing out wrong assumptions

http://philsturgeon.co.uk/blog/2013/11/benchmarking-codswallop-nodejs-v-php
http://reviewsignal.com/blog/2013/11/13/benchmarking-asyncronous-php-vs-nodejs-properly/

Nothing wrong with NodeJs
Definitely on my to-know list before the year runs out!
Re: Nodejs Viable In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
curiouslad:

Just pointing out wrong assumptions

http://philsturgeon.co.uk/blog/2013/11/benchmarking-codswallop-nodejs-v-php
http://reviewsignal.com/blog/2013/11/13/benchmarking-asyncronous-php-vs-nodejs-properly/

Nothing wrong with NodeJs
Definitely on my to-know list before the year runs out!

that,s based on speed did try to check memory consumption of the benchmark, also I meant flawed in the context to real time chat with large amount of users. But am still open to opinions I maybe wrong though.
Re: Nodejs Viable In Nigeria ? by curiouslad(m): 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
pc guru:

that,s based on speed did try to check memory consumption of the benchmark, also I meant flawed in the context to real time chat with large amount of users. But am still open to opinions I maybe wrong though.

Obviously Nodejs is faster and takes less memory even in the benchmarks posted
Just Pointing out that Php can also handle async requests without blocking

[size=5pt]real time chat with large amount of users try Firebase.com[/size]
Re: Nodejs Viable In Nigeria ? by wisemania(m): 6:51am On Nov 23, 2013
pc top of d moring 2u...ive read all uv sed,my question is:
does it mean dat node-js can be a perfect substitute for php? Coz i hate d outlook of php so much so dat i am resilient to learning it
Re: Nodejs Viable In Nigeria ? by icemancoder: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a couple of good nodejs and/or angualrjs coders to join our team. If you or anyone you know is looking at new opportunities please ask them to contact me.

I'll arrive in Naija tomorrow night and will be on-ground for a week.....contact me on my Naija whatsapp at 08130617067 if your interested. I'll be staying in Ikeja.

Jeremy
Re: Nodejs Viable In Nigeria ? by 2mNaira: 6:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
pcguru1:

You know JavaScript ? if yes send me your mail, there's a book i can send to you, read it and in 2 days i could get the underlying concept frm it, its striaght to the point

I am interested.Can you send me the book?
Re: Nodejs Viable In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
mnairaland:

I am interested.Can you send me the book?

lol that was years ago by now NodeJS would have had more changes, i don't have it anymore but online there are so many resources
Re: Nodejs Viable In Nigeria ? by 2mNaira: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
pcguru1:

lol that was years ago by now NodeJS would have had more changes, i don't have it anymore but online there are so many resources

ok.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up / Software Development / How To Develop Instant Android Chating App(social Network)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.