Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Discussion Forum For Agriculturists - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Discussion Forum For Agriculturists (601 Views)

Agriculturists Zone / Discussion Forum For Mathematicians, Statisticians And Actuarial Scientists. / Agriculturists/agricultural Scientists (professional Farmers): Lets Meet Here And Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussion Forum For Agriculturists by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 15, 2013
This forum is strictly for agriculturists, so if you are into any form of agriculture like crop farming,snail farming,poultry farming,animal production,bee farming,pig farming etc lets meet here and share information that will be beneficial to all of us and those who want to go into the business too. Pls before we go on,lets introduce ourselves.
Re: Discussion Forum For Agriculturists by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 15, 2013
Am an accountant by profession but wants to go into poultry n pig farming.
Re: Discussion Forum For Agriculturists by Babtgab: 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
Babtgab, I'm into pigery farming
Re: Discussion Forum For Agriculturists by Chinedumagnus05(m): 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hello all...
am an agriculturist I own 10acres of integrated farm land where I intend to mix crop and Animal husbandry. My Crops include; plantain, cashew, vegetables and Animal includes: cow, goats and sheeps.

My journey into Agriculture[i][/i]
I delved into agriculture when I luckily chanced on an information about a place I can get very cheap acres of land for as low as 150/acre in Oyo state's No1 most arable and agrarian town.
When I bought this land i had no farming intentions.

The mere hearing that an acre of land sells 150k made me scamper to buy as many acres as I had money to, in Oyo states No1 most arable and agrarian location.

Then the journey started. For benefit of doubt, an acre of land is equivalent to 6plots but in this town they sell 8 plots as equivalent of 1 acre. After aquiring the land a challenge came what to use this large hectres of land for, which led me to decide to partition the land for different crop farms sections and sections for poultry, cow and goat rearing. That was the moment I realized i was to develope the integrated farming business model.

Today my final challenge is fencing of my farm. Even though am presently considering the wire mesh fence style. I hope with the business partnership strategy I Have put in place that concern will soon be a thing of the past.

That's my story on how I became a farmer.

My Agricultural consultancy includes:
1. Helping people purchase acres of arable land in this town
2. Soil analysis services
3. Partnerships with agro investors willing to invest in my integrated farming by buying slots of unit cost 30k each, return on investment of 25% and Duration of 4 months
4. Selling of equities in my farm,

(1) (Reply)

Mition666 Will Make Yoq Rich And Popular / Wat To Do / Practical Instrumentation And Control Training @pbplus Oil And Gas Learning Hub!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.