Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,225 members, 7,957,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) (1366 Views)

Which Nairaland Story Are Reading Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Farinaija(f): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
It was a cold friday morning,Halima had woken us up with loud humming sounds from her vocal exercise.
It was the 'd-day' of the event, 'a charlenes music talent show'
I managed to get up from bed and then headed straight to the kitchen - I slept hungry cause we had a rigorous rehearsal the previous day - I cooked indomie and egg (as it was the easiest thing i could prepare that morning).
I went back to the room and found Nafida still turning on bed "ba kin tashi ba?" i asked in hausa meaning "wont you wake up?" she barely responded to me though so i continued munching my indomie while Halima was busy with her vocal exercise (annoying girl). she is too serious with things, well, good for her.

Halima, Nafida and I stay together in an apartment we rented when we came to school newly, we met ourselves during school registration and we did most of our registration rigours together.
Halima comes from a humble and average background, she is more of a choleric and bossy lady, she is a go getter and trustworthy too but she could be a control freak atimes.

Nafida on the other hand is a spoilt brat, her dad owns the largest share in one of the biggest oil companies in portharcourt. But despite her background she is not proud or mouthy, though she behaves childish atimes but i love that about her.

And u know me now! am just the one that will always put a smile on your face though i could be annoying to the core atimes...

It was 3pm already, time was far spent and we needed to get to the venue of talent show not later than 4pm cause all the participants were expected to be there two hours before the show.
We had taken our bath already, we were just trying to do some make up (Ladies things cheesy).

The time was about 3:35 now and we were all set, so we headed for the car (Nafida's dad had gotten her a toyota yaris when she got to 200level).
She kicked the car but it refuse starting "what now?" she groaned..
"lets just get a taxi o something, we are running late" Halima suggested, so we walked to d roadside and waited for few minutes but no taxi seemed to be in sight except for keke napeps and private vehicles.
So Halima suggested we get a keke napep but Nafida and I opposed saying it was out of class and so we kept waiting.
Few minutes later,like an answered prayer we sighted a taxi and signaled with our hands for it to stop.
The taxi stopped right in front of us, we described where we were going and he mentioned his price, we didnt negotiate cause we were in a hurry, so we got in and he took off.

And that was the last thing i remembered
had we fallen into a trance?
were we poisoned?
what has the driver done to us?
These rhetorical questions kept finding their way into my mind when i realized that the three of us were lying down on a cold floor in a dark room. Though rays of light from some holes in the window hit some parts of the room.
The floor was dirty and urgh! the room smelt like a pig pen.
I was weak, my mouth tasted like bitterleaf, my feet were sore.
I tried opening my mouth to speak but tears came out of my eyes instead.
And with the little strenght left in me, i whispered "Where are we?"

to be continued..........
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Wizdray: 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
This gonna be interesting. Keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
2daful. I luv it

1 Like

Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Haybeeb: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
this is lovely... #keep it coming.. #.. smileythis is lovely... #keep it coming.. #..

1 Like

Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Yemlizzy(f): 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
Could not have been more glued to anything,nice one!

1 Like

Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Farinaija(f): 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
Yemlizzy: Could not have been more glued to anything,nice one!

Thanks dear
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Farinaija(f): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
Haybeeb: this is lovely... #keep it coming.. #.. smileythis is lovely... #keep it coming.. #..
yes sir!
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Farinaija(f): 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
Cykik: 2daful. I luv it
am glad u do.thk yu
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Farinaija(f): 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
Wizdray: This gonna be interesting. Keep it coming
Sure Wizzy will post the second part Asap. Thank you
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Yemlizzy(f): 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
Farinaija:

Thanks dear
Dont mention its really nothing.
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Wizdray: 9:35am On Nov 16, 2013
Farinaija:
Sure Wizzy will post the second part Asap. Thank you
so, where is it?
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Farinaija(f): 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
FREAKY FRIDAY2
I managed to get up and sit upright, i rested my back on the wall and looked around,
then i realized that the two ladies beside me were not Halima and Nafida.
I tapped the both of them and they woke up asking same question i asked "where is this?" "i dont know too" i replied, "i only remember entering a taxi with my frends and i cant see any of them".

The room was quiet for a while, except for some screechy sounds here and there. "My name is Ann Figy and thats my sister Maria, we just came for a vacation and we ended up here" one of the girls said, interrupting the silence.
We exchanged pleasantries and discussed life in general, almost forgeting our present predicament.
Though deep within me i kept wondering where they had taken Halima and Nafida to.

The door flung open and huge figure stood before us, with some four other men of which one is the driver that picked us.
The huge guy walked towards me gave a big grin and ordered the men to come in and take us away, which they did with ease
infact i felt like a vegetable when one of the men carried me.
They dropped us in the back of a van that was packed in front of the building where they kept us, the van looked like a millitary van.
The place was a very large forest, with tall trees and grasses too.
We all got into the van and it took off, with the driver and two in front and the other two behind with us.

The driver stopped the van after about a 45minutes drive.
I thought we had gotten to our destination but i was wrong.
The two guys behind dropped
"The vulture must continue his journey" one of the men said
"not when i d great thunder is alive" another voice responded.
At this point we were curious, Ann looked at me, i looked at Maria and we all shrugged.
What must be going on out there? I thought
Boom!!Boom!!! was the next thing we had, sounded like gun.
So i gathered courage and raised the thick leathery material that covered our van to have a view of what was happening.
Our kidnappers had been attacked by another group for reasons i dont know.
They seemed to have some serious issues going on.
So i turned to Ann n Maria and told them what i had seen.
"This is a chance to escape" Anna said. She seemed bold and unpertubed about the situation.
"Escape" I and Maria chorused.
"But how about my friends?" i asked selfishly
"Let God handle that" Anna replied "This might be our only chance to escape girls".
So we agreed with her and started devising ways to quietly get off the van.
Ann went to the entrance of the van looked around and signaled for us to come out, we had removed our shoes and packed up our hair so we jumped out of the van.
Now our journey through this 'evil forest' begins
We tiptoed away from the van until it was out of sight, then we took to our heels.
Mehn!!!! i ran like a cheetah, i dont know where the strenght came from but i ran so fast.
We had gone far into the forest and i believe our abductors should be looking for us by now.

"Farid!!! Farida!!!"
my name echoed round the forest, though it was faint but it sounded like Halima's voice, my heartbeat increased.
Were they anywhere around the forest?
Had they escaped from their abductors too?
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Farinaija(f): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
Wizdray: so, where is it?
done!
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 17, 2013
Nkpume Iko is here now.

*Starts erecting a hut*

Na here I go tanda.
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by Wizdray: 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
K
Farinaija:
done!
But make sure you're updating regularly in0rder for you to get m0re fans/viewers/Reader....
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by LarrySun(m): 9:18am On Nov 18, 2013
Under what genre does the story fall?
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by FoxyFlow(m): 10:27am On Nov 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Under what genre does the story fall?

My first comment and uhm... Like Chief Larry-Sun said, what genre is this?
Re: Freaky Friday (My first Nairaland Story) by frankfab(m): 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2018
Is that the end?

Please continue I'm curious

(1) (Reply)

Fresh meat (Comedy) / The Pastor Wife. Episode 1 / Premium Grammarly Accounts Available! For 1 Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.