Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,265 members, 7,957,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

To Smc - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Smc (978 Views)

Roy Ofili Wins 1st Edition Of Storried Monthly Competition (SMC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Smc by Orikinla(m): 2:47pm On Jul 17, 2008
Hello SMC.

Cheers and God bless.
Re: To Smc by SMC(f): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2008
Hey Oriks,

Shocked to see you back on here. smiley Hope this means you will be visiting Nairaland more frequently (the literature section is barely surviving). How come you didn't e-mail me instead? I do have a look at your kisses blog now and again. And I never got the book you were supposed to have sent.

What changed your mind about returning here? Abi u see us for dream? LOL

Anyway, welcome back mate.
Re: To Smc by Orikinla(m): 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2008
SMC,
It happened today and I must in a good mood.

The quality of the Nigerian edition of Bye Bye Mugabe is not good enough to be given to someone who deserves the best of literary standards. I gave 20 copies to those who still wanted them no matter my dismissal of the production. I wanted to withdraw the 30 copies I supplied to Glendora after the Nigerian publisher and I agreed to stop the distribution of the book, but the Director of Glendora Bookshops said I should let the copies already distributed to their branches in Nigeria be sold. The publisher asked me to pay her N1,000 per copy for the 50 copies and said she would destroy the rest since I have rejected them.
The book is being revised for publication outside Nigeria.

I will send or give you the international edition to be released before the end of this year.

I am not writing new stories since my last short story was submitted for a literary prize in the US and the rules forbid the publication until after the announcement of the winners of the contest. I received the information on the literary contest a day to the closing date and it would be a miracle if my short story wins the prize. I have to devote my time on my business since my news website is going be LLC. I am going to open an office in Lagos for my online news media and getting other books published on American and Nigerian politics. I am also helping a friend and business associate with the successful publication a new magazine in Lagos and the first edition will be out next month.

I am fine, but there is political tension on Bonny Island.

Finally I am tired of being single.
Re: To Smc by SMC(f): 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2008
Then propose to your girlfriend. What prize might that be?
Re: To Smc by SMC(f): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2008
BTW, I can see Kay9 doing cartwheels. He has been searching for you for ages.
Re: To Smc by Orikinla(m): 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2008
SMC:

BTW, I can see Kay9 doing cartwheels. He has been searching for you for ages.
I will simply marry the most reasonable young woman I can live happily with.
Finis. No more headache.

Who is Kay9?

The fact is I have even forgotten the name of the prize, because I simply e-mailed my short story and moved to face my business. The record is in my Yahoo in-box.
Re: To Smc by SMC(f): 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2008
Kay9 is a bloke not a girl o.

If I was your girlfriend, I'd probably slap you for that (cos it means you do not rate her much).
Re: To Smc by Orikinla(m): 9:10am On Jul 18, 2008
SMC:

Kay9 is a bloke not a girl o.

If I was your girlfriend, I'd probably slap you for that (because it means you do not rate her much).

I have only the same person I met in 2006, and she is still the only one I have loved and remained faithful to her. She is there and she says she loves me and she has really gone very far with me physically and psychologically, but I cannot force her to marry me if she is not ready this year.

I want my first child to be a girl so that I can name her [i]Jaiyesim[/i]i.
Re: To Smc by kay9(m): 1:41pm On Jul 19, 2008
@Orinkila: You know, the first thing I did soon as I saw this post was check the date of the last post - SMC's already wiped Seun's walls twice with my face for necroposting - and it was just two days ago! I'm not doing cartwheels yet, but gee, I AM stunned! Orinkila, where've you been? Well, its good to know you're alive and kicking (I gotta admit some really ugly reasons for you absence have occured to me). Oh, and by the way, I'm a guy - "bloke" sounds rather naughty  smiley

@SMC: You are funny, friend; you so sure about me, you are even predicting my behaviour. Hmm.  smiley

(1) (Reply)

Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? / Your Best Author / Farewell American Rose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.