Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

htaccess - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / htaccess (927 Views)

Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please / How To Find .htaccess File / Please Who Knows How To Set A 'no Follow' Tag Through Htaccess? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

htaccess by afridigit(m): 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hi Nairalanders,
I am trying to rewrite these link using Apache mod_rewrite on WAMP

<a href="page.php?n=Ecommerce software&src=7" title="Premium Ecommerce Solution">Ecommerce Software</a>

I have enable mod_rewritr on the server and have change allowOveride None to allowOveride All

Here is my .htaccess file. I save it as .htaccess on the directory that has the file with the link.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^page/.*/([0-9]+)$ /page.php?n=$1&src=$2 [NC,L]

Or

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^page/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([0-9]+)/$ page.php?n=$1&src=$2 [NC,L]

But it not working.

Please help me to get it right?

Thanks.
Re: htaccess by spikesC(m): 7:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
From the first rule:

RewriteRule ^page/.*/([0-9]+)$ /page.php?n=$1&src=$2 [NC,L]

It should be

RewriteRule ^page/(.*)/([0-9]+)$ /page.php?n=$1&src=$2 [NC,L ,QSA ] //I added QSA so that you can also pass GET variables

From the second rule:

RewriteRule ^page/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([0-9]+)/$ page.php?n=$1&src=$2 [NC,L]

It should be

RewriteRule ^page/([a-zA-Z0-9\_\-]+)/([0-9]+)/$ page.php?n=$1&src=$2 [NC,L] //I escaped it in case it is a special character
Re: htaccess by spikesC(m): 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
Btw, i would suggest, whiles generating the urls, you replace also spaces with +, remove non alphanumeric characters and tag the src id with a hyphen. Using a slash seems like it's a folder like structure.

Example: instead of page/economy/1 you do page/economy-1

you then use slashes to designate pages(i.e page 1, page 2 etc.)

Your choice though cool
Re: htaccess by afridigit(m): 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
Thank you Spikes C.
I copied your rule, save it and upload it. test it online and locally. But it did not work. Can PHP function affect it?
Re: htaccess by spikesC(m): 11:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hope your .htaccess looks like this

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^page/([a-zA-Z0-9\_\-]+)/([0-9]+)/$ page.php?n=$1&src=$2 [NC,L,QSA]

Remove all codes in it and test with just the one above.
Then keep adding the others line by line (if you have any) till you jam the supposed error 500
Re: htaccess by spikesC(m): 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
Seems you already did. What's the error if i may ask?

And i hope you restarted WAMP when you enabled mod_rewrite
Re: htaccess by afridigit(m): 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
Thanks once more.
Actually there is no error message. But it did not rewrite the links even when i copied code below in your post. I restarted the Apache service.

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^page/([a-zA-Z0-9\_\-]+)/([0-9]+)/$ page.php?n=$1&src=$2 [NC,L,QSA]
Re: htaccess by spikesC(m): 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
ewoooo shocked shocked shocked

It doesn't redirect the links, it rewrites it internally grin

When you visit /page/economics/7

You'll see it working. That's the koko of the rule. Therefore it was working wink
Re: htaccess by olyivy(f): 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
afridigit: Thanks once more.
Actually there is no error message. But it did not rewrite the links even when i copied code below in your post. I restarted the Apache service.

hope u werent expecting apache to change the ugly url to the pretty one for u with just the .htaccess code up there?
You have to test with ur rewrited url and see if the page is served.
Again, did u confirm that ur .htaccess works cos last time i enabled it on wamp, after changing all the things u already changed in th httpdconf, i needed to also uncomment header modules and something else on that conf file before it started working. The question then is: are you getting the 500 internal server error?
Re: htaccess by olyivy(f): 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
----
Re: htaccess by afridigit(m): 8:05am On Nov 19, 2013
olyivy: hope u werent expecting apache to change the ugly url to the pretty one for u with just the .htaccess code up there?
You have to test with ur rewrited url and see if the page is served.
Again, did u confirm that ur .htaccess works cos last time i enabled it on wamp, after changing all the things u already changed in th httpdconf, i needed to also uncomment header modules and something else on that conf file before it started working. The question then is: are you getting the 500 internal server error?

Yes. .htaccess is working. because when i alter the code i will have 500 internal error. But right now i am not geting the 500 internal error.
Re: htaccess by afridigit(m): 8:21am On Nov 19, 2013
I am new to Apache or have very little knowledge about it. But my focus is to change a url that look like www.mydomain.com/page.php?n=eccommerce-software&src=7
to somthing like www.mydomain.com/page/eccommerce-software/7 and just like the one we have on nairaland.

Any way you can mentor me to achieve it, please do even if it involve paying for the training. Thanks.
Re: htaccess by spikesC(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2013
You have already done the job. After including that right code into your .htaccess
Visit the beutiful url, if it works, then your code works. Simple
Re: htaccess by afridigit(m): 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
Thank you guys very much. Finally i got what you mean. You guys are really gurus. I will still come back when i get choked. Great to have you.

(1) (Reply)

My New Project, Iweorin.com / Buy This Blog At A Cheapest Price / Post Length Error Message When Uploading Theme To Wordpress Site Offline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.